View Full Version : John and Fisherwoman

schoolie monster
03-14-2001, 02:03 PM
I wanted to apologize in advance for missing the MSBA show in a couple weekends.

I wanted to come and show you my support, but I'll be in Florida that weekend. I hope all goes well for both of you.

Best of luck.

JohnR
03-14-2001, 02:54 PM
You are really going out of your way to avoid us, booking trips to Florida and all...

Are you going to take a charter or guide when you're down there? Try to get a tarpon instead of a jack this time??

Fisherwoman
03-14-2001, 03:29 PM
Schoolie Monster, what do you mean you are going to FL, you mean you are going to pass up the best 2 day sport fishing expo, just to go fishing in Florida. You got some pretty big kahuna's buddy. LMAO Hope you have a great time buddy, catch some fishies for more as I am in need of a pull the other way BIGTIME. Don't forget to take lots of pitures. DOn't worry our little secret spot will be booming soon!!! Have a safe trip, and don't forget to tell the wife about girls day, I think she should come along!!!

schoolie monster
03-14-2001, 05:17 PM
I'm going out with a guide on that Sunday... the Indian River has reds, snook, tarpon, trout, jacks, and various other fishes.

Last fall we got several nice trout and a bunch of jacks... I really wanted a redfish but it was cool 'cause I had never been down there and we had great topwater action. On top of the fish we caught, I got casts to a couple reds and worked a school of tarpon for awhile. They didn't cooperate, but I enjoyed it.

I didn't know much about inshore fishing in florida. This time I'm more knowledgable and focused on reds on the flats and snook. I talked to the guide a few days ago and its still a bit early for reliable tarpon fishing in that area, though they should be moving in.

Hopefully, I'll have good weather and a few of those species will be on the bite... should be fun... and warm.

Interesting tidbit, my dad is considering semi-retirement and a move south to do something either fishing or golf related. He is flying down to Marco Island in April to meet with a guy that is expanding his guide service in the Thousand Island area in Florida. Not sure how it will shake out, but this area is loaded with Reds, trout, tarpon, permit, jacks, etc. etc. How cool would that be? May never happen, but I certainly encouraged him to check it out. Told him I'd definitely visit more often!