View Full Version : north shore report...Anyone?

Johnny C
08-18-2003, 02:50 PM
Looking to get out for only the second time this year tomorrow.
Anyone got a shore report for me? Magnolia is my usual spot.
Or if you need two mate for tomorrow around 6pm., my buddy and I are free to go out on your boats.

Fly Rod
08-18-2003, 07:21 PM
very slow fishing on Friday, managed only to get two fish in 4 hours of fishing. Fished a dozen different spots along the shore.

Saturday no fish at all. Couldn't even get hooked on the bottom.

I haven't seen the fishing this bad for a few years. We were getting 20-30 fish, not all keepers, a few keepers, but this year seems to be very lean on the North shore.

Bait boat came in today at the State pier. should be plenty of bait around tomorrow.

Notaro
08-18-2003, 09:22 PM
I fished at Rockport today. I saw basses playing with my 10 in. pollock in the water. It was a skinny one. So it couldn't have tried to eat it. This month is whack! I agree with you, Richard. This time of year, the fishing has been pretty bad. I was thinking that pollocks' in the turf might have something to do with it. I recalled a herring squad on the Rockport waterkept the keepers bass there. And I kept getting a good hits there. And also there were some kind of peanut bunkers around there. It looks small, flashes like herrings, make duisturbances when alarmed. Are they peanut bunkers?

Fly Rod
08-19-2003, 06:22 AM
What you are seeing are probably silver sides. There is alot of small bait fish in the harbor. The baby bunker should be starting to migrate.

Haven't seen any seagull action at all this summer.

Blue fish have been spotty. Did a repeat charter Saturday from last year. Last year at this time there were plenty of blues but nothing this year.

Notaro
08-19-2003, 05:09 PM
Hmmm, then macks should show up on Rockport Harbor this fall soon. Is there another method of using a weight or rig to avoid from snaging on the bottom?

Hope to fish with ya soon.