View Full Version : WTB: Wood stove

bassballer
11-06-2017, 01:44 PM
Looking hard for a wood stove for my garage. Been looking all over CL and marketplace. figured i check here to.

Thanks
Jay

Raider Ronnie
11-06-2017, 02:03 PM
FB marketplace, there are a bunch listed.
Much better than CL.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

bassballer
11-06-2017, 08:19 PM
found a solid all nighter on there. going to check it out tomorrow. thanks

piemma
11-07-2017, 11:51 AM
Don't skimp on the chimney. You can go cheap and regret it or go triple wall stainless steel and never have to worry.
I have a Russo in my boathouse and I had the whole building insulated with closed cell foam in the walls and R38 batts in the ceiling. Place is like a thermos bottle. Stays warm all night if I burn for 3 hours in the daytime.

I have the chimney cleaned every year ($120.00) and don't worry about any of it.

bassballer
11-07-2017, 03:38 PM
Don't skimp on the chimney. You can go cheap and regret it or go triple wall stainless steel and never have to worry.
I have a Russo in my boathouse and I had the whole building insulated with closed cell foam in the walls and R38 batts in the ceiling. Place is like a thermos bottle. Stays warm all night if I burn for 3 hours in the daytime.

I have the chimney cleaned every year ($120.00) and don't worry about any of it.

Paul you do the install? I have some double wall SS for the chimney and was going to use double wall black pipe off the stove. Straight up through a tin roof in my garage in VT. never installed one before and have been doing some research.

piemma
11-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Paul you do the install? I have some double wall SS for the chimney and was going to use double wall black pipe off the stove. Straight up through a tin roof in my garage in VT. never installed one before and have been doing some research.

Jay, Burrillville requires an inspection and a certified chimney installer. Too many "ham and eggers" have burnt down garages/barns up here. I had a guy from Warwick who cleans my house chimneys do the install.
I figured if I'm storing my boat. all my rods and reels, my front loader, splitter, tractor, etc and about a 1000 plugs in there I'd do it right.

bassballer
11-08-2017, 07:39 PM
yeah i think i should maybe do the same.

missing link
01-07-2018, 06:41 AM
Good choice if you got the all-nighter, I have a Little Mo and it has heated my house efficiently pretty much a indestructible 1/4 " & 5/16 boiler plate steel. Their is a gentleman out in orange ma who refurbishes these and fisher stoves EPA approved
been heating with wood for 37 yrs
ML sr
ps: CL listings nw ct look for a western ma add that's the guy total wood stove guru I'd go back to him in a heartbeat he was employed by All Nighter but my stoves gonna last for evah