View Full Version : Sip of Sunshine

DZ
12-08-2017, 08:06 AM
FYI - This week for the first time Lawsons Sip of Sunshine is being distributed to Rhode Island packies. Keep an eye out for it.

Nebe
12-08-2017, 09:54 AM
it was gooooood.

Clogston29
12-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Overrated in my opinion. Always surprised it gets so much hype. It’s not bad or anything, just so many better options now.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

DZ
12-08-2017, 01:58 PM
Overrated in my opinion. Always surprised it gets so much hype. It’s not bad or anything, just so many better options now.

Yes I agree, but most of those other better options depend on a car ride and standing in line. I'm not always able. This is still a top rated beer that is now (finally) available at my corner packie - that is a rarity in my neck of the woods ;)

Nebe
12-08-2017, 05:39 PM
i like captains daughter better. :spin::spin::spin::spin:

The Dad Fisherman
12-08-2017, 06:36 PM

I think it's riding the hype from 4 years ago. Back then it was spectacular. It's a damn fine beer, but there are definitely better, more readily available options.

bassballer
12-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Yes I agree, but most of those other better options depend on a car ride and standing in line. I'm not always able. This is still a top rated beer that is now (finally) available at my corner packie - that is a rarity in my neck of the woods ;)

Agreed Dennis, Damn good beer that we can get at the local store. I know I picked up some, And ill prob grab a draft at the wharf pub too.

Jenn
12-09-2017, 12:15 AM
I think it's riding the hype from 4 years ago. Back then it was spectacular. It's a damn fine beer, but there are definitely better, more readily available options.

I agree....not a bad beer by any means but never understood the hype over it myself as I personally think there are better beers that are more readily available out there.

Oh and a comment on captains daughter....when it first came out I heard the hype...could not get my hands on any fora while. Then I finally was able to try it and thought "meh"....went through this a few times actually. Let it go and this summer it started showing up in more places so I gave it another try and finally "got it". The last few times ( in the last 4 months or so) I have really enjoyed it and was rather impressed as my initial experiences with it were less than favorable. This to me is a beer that seemingly became more readily available and got better. Not always the case from my experience.

Poncho
12-14-2017, 03:33 PM
I agree there are better beers out there. But it is delicious and nice to be able to buy it and not have to travel. Call me crazy but I think it’s better than tree house. Just my opinion.

JohnR
12-19-2017, 01:44 PM
One of my favorites - particular with a great batch. Anyone find it? PM ; )

rphud
12-21-2017, 08:36 AM
Don't know about RI but it is pretty much everywhere in CT. Of course they make it here at Two Roads.

DZ
12-21-2017, 01:30 PM
It's around pretty much weekly here in RI now. PIA is some stores only allow you one 4 pack per person.
Was told that Lawson's Super Session is also now available this week.

With all the hazy New England style IPAs around I find it very refreshing to go back to the clear varieties on occasion. I really like Trillium but the IPAs almost all taste the same. Have not tried Treehouse but some day ;)

bassballer
01-04-2018, 09:13 AM
It's around pretty much weekly here in RI now. PIA is some stores only allow you one 4 pack per person.
Was told that Lawson's Super Session is also now available this week.

With all the hazy New England style IPAs around I find it very refreshing to go back to the clear varieties on occasion. I really like Trillium but the IPAs almost all taste the same. Have not tried Treehouse but some day ;)

Dennis if your popping around town I a couple treehouse cans I can give you. Or if theres a meeting coming up.