View Full Version : SUPERBOWL BABY!!!

JohnR
01-21-2018, 06:11 PM
Glad I can remove my heart from my throat now....

:pats2:

nightfighter
01-21-2018, 06:13 PM
How SPOILED are we???????.......

Raider Ronnie
01-21-2018, 07:07 PM
Congratulations
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rockfish9
01-21-2018, 07:08 PM
No need to clip my finger nails....for the next 3 months.

Guppy
01-21-2018, 07:26 PM
I thought they where going to loose, l should have known better
Great game

ProfessorM
01-21-2018, 07:39 PM
wow, exhausting

Sea Dangles
01-21-2018, 07:46 PM
Love it

Hookedagain
01-21-2018, 09:10 PM
Looks like we are going to be playing the Eagles!!

Got Stripers
01-21-2018, 10:01 PM
Pittsburgh=Killer Bees, I think not. The killer bees are Brady and Bill Belicheck baby.

Raven
01-22-2018, 06:42 AM
the un-sportsman- like conduct done to the gronk

was unacceptable
and should have been backed with a HUGE FINE

and throw that bastard right out of the stadium! :doh:

Nebe
01-22-2018, 08:53 AM
Was there any doubt? Time to pluck some feathers

FishermanTim
01-22-2018, 11:39 AM
the un-sportsman- like conduct done to the gronk

was unacceptable
and should have been backed with a HUGE FINE

and throw that bastard right out of the stadium! :doh:

That was the general consensus in our house yesterday.

The league wants to do all they can for the injured player AFTER it happens, and the player that hits them gets a "slap-on-the-wrist fine. If the league wanted to show they really had the balls, they would institute a game ejection clause for these plays, just like the "targeting" penalty they have in college football.
Add a mandatory game suspension with loss of pay and maybe, just maybe, there will be fewer intentional injury-intended collisions.

As I told my nephew yesterday, the Pats could have sent one of their guys out to retaliate, but that just wouldn't be our style.
I said what they WILL do is go out and beat the entire team, so that that one player will get the "waking the sleeping giant" response from his teammates...

zimmy
01-22-2018, 11:49 AM
Other than bias, it is mind boggling that anyone would call that guy dirty. Didn't lead with his head, gronk brings his head down. Call it a penalty by rule, but the idea that it was dirty is limited to those who like their balls deflated.

FishermanTim
01-22-2018, 12:26 PM
Other than the fact that defensive players generally go out to hit the opposing player as hard as they can, with the unintended possibility of ending their career, it's mind boggling how many people just can't let go of the past.

It will never change...you have a team that has a winning record on multiple seasons and there will be many who will stop at nothing to try and discredit those successes. The only shocking thing was to what extent they went to "try and find" evidence to "prove" their claims. (I they've found more compelling evidence regarding the existence of BIGFOOT, but hey maybe HE plays for the Pats too?)

Sea Dangles
01-22-2018, 01:07 PM
Other than bias, it is mind boggling that anyone would call that guy dirty. Didn't lead with his head, gronk brings his head down. Call it a penalty by rule, but the idea that it was dirty is limited to those who like their balls deflated.

Dilly dilly

JohnR
01-22-2018, 01:14 PM
Other than bias, it is mind boggling that anyone would call that guy dirty. Didn't lead with his head, gronk brings his head down.

It did not look malicious but it was a helmet to helmet hit - concussion resulting. Penalty was fair. Sometimes unnecessary roughness is just physics.

Call it a penalty by rule, but the idea that it was dirty is limited to those who like their balls deflated.

^^^ Not this. This is the unnecessary shot we are used to as Pat's fans from the everybody -v- the Patriots crowd.

Slipknot
01-22-2018, 02:15 PM
Did any of you catch that song on 98.5 Sportshub with the Kinks- Lola done to Danny Playoff Amendola? It is really good

I am thrilled the Pats are going back to the Ship again, can't wait. I hope Gronk will be ok. That was one helluva game.

I'm sure the Jags got boned on a few calls but so do the Pats.

The Dad Fisherman
01-22-2018, 02:19 PM
^^^ Not this. This is the unnecessary shot we are used to as Pat's fans from the everybody -v- the Patriots crowd.

embrace the hate

rphud
01-22-2018, 02:42 PM
Here's comes Nick Foles y'all!

Jim in CT
01-22-2018, 03:16 PM
Brady is a freak at winning. To be able to do this for so long, and now at his age...and to so consistently come up big when the pressure is on...and like David Ortiz, he seems to be better in bigger situations. I am a Steelers fan, so I am sick of watching the guy dominate, but it's really something to see. And not like he won 4 Heismans in college, he was a very un-heralded selection.

Slipknot
01-22-2018, 03:44 PM
My brother has tix to go down in the Optum field lounge so I met up with Milo and upgraded his buddy John and he from the 300 nosebleeds down to section 104 row 13 and 14 on the end. He was happy. Here is a picture from the Fancam online where you can zoom in anywhere. I don't mind standing on field level as no one sits down at playoff games anyway, and I got to see Nellie, said hi to Mayo and his dad saw I had the right shirt on(51 Mayo) and also ran into Linda Holliday. The place was crazy.

spence
01-22-2018, 03:52 PM
Ha didn't know about the fan cam. Just found myself.

Slipknot
01-22-2018, 04:15 PM
cool

spence
01-22-2018, 04:25 PM
cool
Jets game. Nobody looked happy it was so cold.

Slipknot
01-23-2018, 08:25 AM
Titans game was cold wind chill also , hard to find people when all bundled up.

Here is that song Hardy from 98.5 made, it is great.

https://m.soundcloud.com/hardy330-1/amendola-song-2018?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=facebook

zimmy
01-23-2018, 09:01 AM
Here's comes Nick Foles y'all!
Be careful what you ask for.

This is the unnecessary shot we are used to as Pat's fans from the everybody -v- the Patriots crowd.

Unnecessary, sure, but calling that a dirty hit that should get a guy tossed is asking for that kind of response. While the deflating was inconclusive, 2002-2007 wasn't. The coach brought that on the organisation and the fans.

MAKAI
01-23-2018, 09:46 AM
Wouldn’t every single franchise in the NFL trade their last 20 years for NE’s last 20 ? Warts and all.
Indubitably.
If you’re an owner it’s all about the Benjamins. No Boy Scouts in that fraternity of billionaires.

Sea Dangles
01-23-2018, 10:00 AM
Be careful what you ask for.

Unnecessary, sure, but calling that a dirty hit that should get a guy tossed is asking for that kind of response. While the deflating was inconclusive, 2002-2007 wasn't. The coach brought that on the organisation and the fans.

Let the hate fill you Zimmy,it feeds the flames of victory.

milo
01-23-2018, 12:03 PM
Ya thanks Bruce, seats were great and thanx for the picture of Nelson too

Slipknot
01-23-2018, 12:49 PM
Your welcome
I hope it survived the game somewhat🙂

zimmy
01-23-2018, 06:24 PM
Let the hate fill you Zimmy,it feeds the flames of victory.

I don't hate the pats. I hate the cowboys. But the cowboys Superbowls aren't tainted other than the general stink associated with the cowboys. Neither are the great years of 49ers, Steelers, Giants etc. It is actually really too bad. Mostly unnecessary too.
Go birds.

Sea Dangles
01-23-2018, 08:40 PM
I don't hate the pats. I hate the cowboys. But the cowboys Superbowls aren't tainted other than the general stink associated with the cowboys. Neither are the great years of 49ers, Steelers, Giants etc. It is actually really too bad. Mostly unnecessary too.
Go birds.
Yup,all tainted. Even after spygate we won.even after deflate gate we won. Keep bringing your jealousy for the next couple weeks!

ProfessorM
01-24-2018, 06:57 PM
Hey I am a cowboy fan.

In The Surf
01-24-2018, 07:00 PM
Go birds.
Really
I find statements like this amusing.
So all that stickum Rice used on his gloves back in the day was ok? (and he still doesn't feel he was cheating)?
Coach Tomlin attempting to interfere with a Ravens player streaking down the sideline.
A Rodgers and E Manning using balls with air pressure outside the Leagues permitted air pressure range.
P Mannings use of HGH to heal and regain strength after multiple neck surgeries (We know it was mailed to their home under his wifes name and that a forensic tech goon squad in trench coats went to his and his wife's drs office to scrub their files).
Herm Edwards admitting that his team's and others were stealing signals.
It it helps the whining haters feel better so be it.
I love it when Bruschi, McGuinest and R Harrison address the cheating accusations on the networks that employ them.

zimmy
01-24-2018, 09:07 PM
Hey I am a cowboy fan.

It's ok. I have met some nice ones :)
The blowing it off as jealousy and hate may make some people feel better, but it is pretty bogus. I loved Lance Armstrong and Floyd Landis. Now they disgust me. It isn't jealousy or hate. As far as stickum on gloves or even deflated balls, they are nothing. The video b.s. is akin to cyclists doping.

Slipknot
01-24-2018, 09:24 PM
The Pats were not hiding anything or denying filming from the wrong place, they were overly punished and moved on. the rest of the world has not.
As far as air pressure, the Pats denied tampering with the balls and the NFL took the other side and went out of their way to try to show it was probable Tom knew about it. They did not buy the science of cold weather which is the truth but you haters believe what you want if it makes you sleep better at night.

The team goes out of their way to be sure to follow all procedures correctly especially since 2007 and yet because they are a level above other teams it is just assumed that they must cheat. That is very unfair to all the players and coaches who work their collective asses off to be successful.

Got Stripers
01-24-2018, 09:32 PM
The more you hate the more we win, keep up the good work.

zimmy
01-24-2018, 09:53 PM
Read this article from the Times last year and found it pretty fascinating from a psychological aspect. Applies not only to our sports preferences, but obviously politics, religion, etc
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/sports/football/new-england-patriots-super-bowl-cheating.html

fishbones
01-24-2018, 09:53 PM
Go birds.

Do you realize the Eagles have a player who was suspended for 10 games last year for his second positive PED test?

What about the tampering with Byron Maxwell a couple years ago?

It’s ok to admit you hate the Patriots. You say you don’t but your actions say otherwise.

zimmy
01-24-2018, 09:56 PM
Do you realize the Eagles have a player who was suspended for 10 games last year for his second positive PED test?

What about the tampering with Byron Maxwell a couple years ago?

It’s ok to admit you hate the Patriots. You say you don’t but your actions say otherwise.
Dismissing it as hate is really lame and tired. Luckily the dynasty ends next week!

Sea Dangles
01-24-2018, 10:32 PM
You are petty Zimmy,even if the Pats lose(vegas disagrees) the dynasty is intact. Your envy is showing.

JohnR
01-24-2018, 11:14 PM
Someone posted elsewhere:

The Patriots will do literally anything to gain an edge...

‘Potentially Hazardous’ Asteroid to Pass by Earth on Super Bowl Sunday

https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/24/24-asteroid.w710.h473.2x.jpg

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/01/potentially-hazardous-asteroid-to-fly-by-earth.html?utm_campaign=di&utm_source=tw&utm_medium=s1

fishbones
01-24-2018, 11:27 PM
Dismissing it as hate is really lame and tired. Luckily the dynasty ends next week!

Jealousy breeds contempt. Contempt = hatred.
It’s really weak to pull the cheater card when the teams you mentioned as having done it clean have worse track records than the Patriots. It’s all good though. Us Patriots fans love the hatred. It reminds us how good they really must be to get fans of other teams so emotional and irrational.

The Dad Fisherman
01-25-2018, 06:35 AM
Hey I am a cowboy fan.

Thoughts and Prayers sent.

The Dad Fisherman
01-25-2018, 06:45 AM

Don't you know that Doping isn't akin to Doping, Video taping from an unauthorized location is akin to Doping. That sounds logical.

The video b.s. is akin to cyclists doping.

zimmy
01-25-2018, 09:08 AM
Don't you know that Doping isn't akin to Doping, Video taping from an unauthorized location is akin to Doping. That sounds logical.

Come on boys, facts matter. Lane took an over the counter NFL approved amino acid. The compound contained an unlisted ingredient on the banned list. He should have had it tested through the teams program and blew it. That is not equal to the systematic steroid doping done by the cyclists and certainly did not play into championships the way spygate and the cyclist doping did.

And all cause I used the term balls deflated to indicate new england fans
:lama:

Cool Beans
01-25-2018, 09:39 AM
That is not equal to the systematic steroid doping done by the cyclists and certainly did not play into championships the way spygate and the cyclist doping did.

It all makes sense now, it is only Cheating if you won. If you "broke rules" and lost then you are just victims of the cheater that won.

Now I understand why only the Patriots cheat and only white people can be racist.......

GO PATS

Sea Dangles
01-25-2018, 10:45 AM
Come on boys, facts matter. Lane took an over the counter NFL approved amino acid. The compound contained an unlisted ingredient on the banned list. He should have had it tested through the teams program and blew it. That is not equal to the systematic steroid doping done by the cyclists and certainly did not play into championships the way spygate and the cyclist doping did.

Sounds like a competitive advantage to me

MAKAI
01-25-2018, 11:28 AM
If your team isn’t playing, Puppy bowl has a half time kitten show this year.

fishbones
01-25-2018, 08:53 PM

So if Lane gets a pass on the first suspension, what’s your excuse for the second? Same guy suspended twice looks pretty bad. When you combine that with the tampering, bounties on other players and their own QB admitting to deflating balls, the Eagles don’t look so good. But I’m sure you can justify all of that 🤪

zimmy
01-25-2018, 09:38 PM
So if Lane gets a pass on the first suspension, what’s your excuse for the second? Same guy suspended twice looks pretty bad. When you combine that with the tampering, bounties on other players and their own QB admitting to deflating balls, the Eagles don’t look so good. But I’m sure you can justify all of that 🤪

That was the second one :hs: The first was a medicine he was prescribed. He admitted guilt for not following policy. Both times. And you are going back to a claim by a Dallas coach that Buddy Ryan put a bounty on Dallas players? Patriots cheating is like Sosa and Mcgwire cheating. They put up all-time numbers, but most people view their HR results as tainted.

Again, no one would have cared at all about deflategate except for the patterned behavior and the Pats results. If they were the Browns no one would care. It is the way it is. Also, the Patriots never admit it anything, evidence gets destroyed, etc. Lane Johnson admitted each time that he screwed up. That counts for something, right :musc:

fishbones
01-25-2018, 10:09 PM
That was the second one :hs: The first was a medicine he was prescribed. He admitted guilt for not following policy. Both times. And you are going back to a claim by a Dallas coach that Buddy Ryan put a bounty on Dallas players? Patriots cheating is like Sosa and Mcgwire cheating. They put up all-time numbers, but most people view their HR results as tainted.

Again, no one would have cared at all about deflategate except for the patterned behavior and the Pats results. If they were the Browns no one would care. It is the way it is. Also, the Patriots never admit it anything, evidence gets destroyed, etc. Lane Johnson admitted each time that he screwed up. That counts for something, right :musc:

Yes, Lane admitted he’s a cheater. The Patriots admitted they filmed from an area they weren’t supposed to. Not even close to the doping analogy you reached for earlier. Sosa and McGuire? Please explain that one? Not even close. They did what every other team does and admitted they did it from an area they shouldn’t have. It’s all fueled by jealousy, which is really entertaining to us fans. It’s funny how the Pats do what other teams get caught doing and/or admit to doing and they get punished. The other teams get a lesser punishment or none at all. Then the haters say the league is making the Pats win by helping them with calls, etc.... I’d love to hear someone give a rational explanation for that.

MAKAI
01-25-2018, 10:59 PM
I anyone thinks that the bulk of NFL players are not on HGH or some other chem, you’re delusional.
We want our gladiator games to be like this. Bigger, faster, stronger, quick recovery means more money for everyone. Owners, players, TV, advertisers etc...

Sea Dangles
01-26-2018, 07:02 AM
Let me get this straight,all you have to do is confess to your misdeeds and you get exonerated? That is all a team or player needs to do in order to get a pass from you Zimmy? If Clemens admits to using(like Mussina) is he in the HOF by now?

Slipknot
01-26-2018, 08:34 AM

I feel sorry for you going through life like that

zimmy
01-26-2018, 12:56 PM
http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

zimmy
01-26-2018, 12:57 PM
Let me get this straight,all you have to do is confess to your misdeeds and you get exonerated? That is all a team or player needs to do in order to get a pass from you Zimmy? If Clemens admits to using(like Mussina) is he in the HOF by now?

What is this, the politics forum? Lots of reading comp problems here.

In The Surf
01-26-2018, 05:03 PM
What is this, the politics forum? Lots of reading comp problems here.

Not at all.
Happy fans that are excited that the most successful sports franchise in history is in the Super Bowl again and guy who can't stand it and is trying his best to justify his disdain of the Patriots.
But fret not, there is hope for you. There are groups that meet weekly for people that live in such denial.
It feeds the machine that is the Patriots making each Championship unequivocally better.
Thank you for your support.

zimmy
01-26-2018, 10:45 PM
Not at all.
Happy fans that are excited that the most successful sports franchise in history is in the Super Bowl again and guy who can't stand it and is trying his best to justify his disdain of the Patriots.
But fret not, there is hope for you. There are groups that meet weekly for people that live in such denial.
It feeds the machine that is the Patriots making each Championship unequivocally better.
Thank you for your support.
Sorry, that's ridiculous and incorrect. I wanted the pats in the Superbowl. Alot of assumptions...

Sea Dangles
01-27-2018, 01:34 AM
So you wanted the Pats in the big game, you are rooting for the Eagles in the same game. You should be thrilled but you seem to be sour. Cheers to an exciting game Zimmy, and I do understand your disdain. It is known as envy

zimmy
01-27-2018, 11:16 AM
I want the pats because I am an eagles fan. Most eagles fans wanted the Pat's. The childish behavior of some of you is incredibly amusing. No envy or disdain. Apparently since I moved out of mass 15 years ago, many new England fans decided to become like Yankees fans. It must be envy or hate, right? You should move to the Bronx...

Slipknot
01-27-2018, 12:09 PM
Chris, I think he is like a lot of others who are tired of the Patriots domination and want to see them lose, or knocked off the top. They are unfortunately for him, in it for the long haul and they have the determination, consistency, hard working dedication to keep it going no matter what. Because they are winners. We are spoiled

Sea Dangles
01-27-2018, 12:21 PM
I am the first to admit that the reason I hated the Yankees so much is because they beat us like a rug. Now that the sox have some titles under the belt the skanks are just another division foe. Zimmy doesn't have the hurt in his past yet and it shows.

zimmy
01-27-2018, 03:53 PM
Chris, I think he is like a lot of others who are tired of the Patriots domination and want to see them lose, or knocked off the top. They are unfortunately for him, in it for the long haul and they have the determination, consistency, hard working dedication to keep it going no matter what. Because they are winners. We are spoiled

First off, I want the eagles to win the Superbowl, whether it is the browns or the Patriots they have to play. But it is more enticing to have it come against the Pat's. It would be disingenuous to say 2005 and spygate aren't part of that. I also prefer if the pats are in for the long haul, but I think Bill might get out of there soon and Gisele will probably make Tom retire within 2 years to protect his head. In any case I hope they are both there next year and the eagles get back to face them with Carson Wentz.

Raider Ronnie
01-27-2018, 08:18 PM
I think the Pats need a blowout win if they want to shut some of us up !
Ya they’ve won 5 Super Bowls but 3 Point squeakers don’t impress me.

Sea Dangles
01-27-2018, 10:32 PM
Get some rest Zimmy, a clear head will help u figure out what you want

MAKAI
01-27-2018, 11:03 PM
Gotta give the devil his due.
8 Super Bowls for Brady is something you won’t see in our lifetime for any other QB.

Got Stripers
01-28-2018, 08:48 AM

I guess you probably aren't impressed with Tom's comeback history either, to put them in a position to win by those few points.

Raider Ronnie
01-28-2018, 09:01 AM
I guess you probably aren't impressed with Tom's comeback history either, to put them in a position to win by those few points.

Yes & no
If they were truly the better team would never had been down .
Last year was either Tom is great or the Falcons got stupid in the 2nd half. Same goes for the SeaHawks and the dumbest play call in super bowl history.
The best super bowl team (07) lost to Eli

bloocrab
01-28-2018, 09:18 AM
... the dumbest play call in super bowl history....

Only because of the outcome. Had it yielded a score, it would have been the smartest play call in catching them off guard by not using their star RB

It's so easy to talk AFTER the fact.
But the fact is, the PATS have been at the top, probably longer than ANY other team. You just can't deny that

Raider Ronnie
01-28-2018, 08:12 PM
Only because of the outcome. Had it yielded a score, it would have been the smartest play call in catching them off guard by not using their star RB

It's so easy to talk AFTER the fact.
But the fact is, the PATS have been at the top, probably longer than ANY other team. You just can't deny that

Like I said, a blowout (convincing) win would back that up

bloocrab
01-28-2018, 09:07 PM

Let's hope you get what you're asking for....:pats:

:bl:

nightfighter
01-28-2018, 09:21 PM

I could agree with that, but have to ask; what is more crushing for the losing side? A blow out like last week's NFC game? A win snatched away by self inflicted damage as was done to Seattle? Or a comeback from the ashes as was experienced by Atlanta?

This is not one of the better Patriot teams brought to the game during the Kraft era, IMO. Game is a coin flip as I see it, with the edge to NE if only because Brady and Belichek have experience on their side. So I don't see a blow out. The team that should have won in a blow out ended up at 18-1.

Got Stripers
01-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Oh I'd have to go with the comeback win in Atlanta Ross, OMG watching the change in the owners face on the sidelines as it went from I can't wait to crack the champagne bottles to are you kidding me we lost.....priceless.

The Dad Fisherman
01-29-2018, 09:03 AM

Does it make a World Series win any less special if it goes 7 games instead of 4? A Stanley Cup?

A win is a win

zimmy
01-29-2018, 09:14 AM
Get some rest Zimmy, a clear head will help u figure out what you want

I'm sorry it is so difficult for you to understand, though it doesn't surprise me :heybaby:

Raider Ronnie
01-29-2018, 10:40 AM
Does it make a World Series win any less special if it goes 7 games instead of 4? A Stanley Cup?

A win is a win

I don’t agree.
You going to tell me the Giants were the better team in 07 because the won ?
The Rams were in my opinion the better team in 01 but they lost.
My point is if Patriots fans like saying greatest team ever or Tom Brady the greatest qb ever, a convincing blowout win would help that argument.
Good luck Sunday.
I could care less about who wins or watching the game, I’m taking a knee on the NFL.

RIROCKHOUND
01-29-2018, 10:47 AM
I don’t agree.
You going to tell me the Giants were the better team in 07 because the won ?
The Rams were in my opinion the better team in 01 but they lost.
My point is if Patriots fans like saying greatest team ever or Tom Brady the greatest qb ever, a convincing blowout win would help that argument.
Good luck Sunday.
I could care less about who wins or watching the game, I’m taking a knee on the NFL.

Carr looked good last night, too bad it was the ProBowl.....

Raider Ronnie
01-29-2018, 01:47 PM
Carr looked good last night, too bad it was the ProBowl.....

Like I said. I could care less.
Took a knee on the NFL.
F*** them.

Slipknot
01-29-2018, 02:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csZusmtNzRw

The Dad Fisherman
01-29-2018, 02:32 PM

Records owned by Brady

•Regular season wins by a starting quarterback (196)
•Division titles (15)
•Playoff games started (36)
•Playoff wins (27)
•Playoff touchdown passes (68)
•Playoff passing yards (9,721)
•Super Bowl appearances (8)
•Super Bowl wins (5)
•Super Bowl MVPs (4)
•Super Bowl touchdown passes (15)
•Super Bowl passing yards (2,071)

Records in Brady’s reach

• Most passing touchdowns: The record is held by Manning, who finished his career with 539 touchdowns. Brady is 51 behind
• Most passing touchdowns (postseason included): The record is Manning’s 579, Brady is at 556 and will likely be able to hit that mark before the end of 2018.
• Most passing yards (postseason included): The record for yards in the regular season and postseason is Manning’s at 79,279. Brady is 3399 yards behind and already well ahead of Brees, making it a mark that is primed for the taking in 2018.
• Game-winning drives: He needs just three more to pass Manning’s 56. Brady averages about two or three a year, so he could realistically top Manning in 2018.
• Fourth-quarter comebacks: Brady has a good chance at topping Manning’s 45 fourth-quarterback comebacks. He’s also three from that record and could beat it in 2018.

But he needs to beat up on a team by more points in the SB to solidify his claim as GOAT

Got it :rolleyes:

Raider Ronnie
01-29-2018, 04:09 PM
Every Super Bowl win or loss could have had a different outcome if not for some luck, stupidity of opposing coach, opposing qb throwing up on the field, a clutch kicker etc........
Then you got the argument is it just him or is it the coach.
By the way, I am of opinion that Belickick is the best coach ever.

Records owned by Brady

•Regular season wins by a starting quarterback (196)
•Division titles (15)
•Playoff games started (36)
•Playoff wins (27)
•Playoff touchdown passes (68)
•Playoff passing yards (9,721)
•Super Bowl appearances (8)
•Super Bowl wins (5)
•Super Bowl MVPs (4)
•Super Bowl touchdown passes (15)
•Super Bowl passing yards (2,071)

Records in Brady’s reach

• Most passing touchdowns: The record is held by Manning, who finished his career with 539 touchdowns. Brady is 51 behind
• Most passing touchdowns (postseason included): The record is Manning’s 579, Brady is at 556 and will likely be able to hit that mark before the end of 2018.
• Most passing yards (postseason included): The record for yards in the regular season and postseason is Manning’s at 79,279. Brady is 3399 yards behind and already well ahead of Brees, making it a mark that is primed for the taking in 2018.
• Game-winning drives: He needs just three more to pass Manning’s 56. Brady averages about two or three a year, so he could realistically top Manning in 2018.
• Fourth-quarter comebacks: Brady has a good chance at topping Manning’s 45 fourth-quarterback comebacks. He’s also three from that record and could beat it in 2018.

But he needs to beat up on a team by more points in the SB to solidify his claim as GOAT

Got it :rolleyes:

fishbones
01-29-2018, 08:04 PM
https://youtu.be/csZusmtNzRw

Sea Dangles
01-30-2018, 04:19 PM
Mediocre people are offended by sustained excellence

Gloucester2
01-30-2018, 04:40 PM

Ya, we need a blowout like the Raiders had . . . in 1984 :tooth:

MAKAI
01-30-2018, 06:46 PM
So...
A team that for the last 17 years has 40 ish more wins than the next best team and is about to play in its 8th Super Bowl ( 5 and 2 so far ) is just meh ?
What does it take to be a good team ?

MakoMike
01-30-2018, 07:13 PM
If all goes well. I'll be watching the game with a bunch of eagle fans in Utah.

Raider Ronnie
01-30-2018, 08:13 PM
Ya, we need a blowout like the Raiders had . . . in 1984 :tooth:

Don’t forget 76 & 80
There was no question who was the better team for all 3

nightfighter
02-01-2018, 04:03 PM
Ronnie, the better team figures a way to make enough of the critical plays on THAT day in THAT game to win. Period. With one caveat.... winning on a missed last second field goal attempt (Buffalo, cough, Scott Norwood, cough) is not making a critical play

puppet
02-01-2018, 09:28 PM
If you listen carefully. You can hear a faint whistle of air being released.
Hahahaha...

Go Pats!!!!!

zimmy
02-02-2018, 10:21 AM
If you listen carefully. You can hear a faint whistle of air being released.

That is just the sound of all the bean-eaters in Beantown :pop:

Sea Dangles
02-04-2018, 11:35 PM
Hats off to the Eagles, well played. Enjoy it Zimmy!!!

Slipknot
02-05-2018, 12:24 AM
And the Purge begins in Philly

Mike P
02-05-2018, 06:00 AM
Ronnie, the better team figures a way to make enough of the critical plays on THAT day in THAT game to win. Period. With one caveat.... winning on a missed last second field goal attempt (Buffalo, cough, Scott Norwood, cough) is not making a critical play

You seem to have forgotten Parcells' game plan of clock control by pounding Ottis Anderson all of the second half, keeping Kelly and the Bills' high powered offense on the sideline. And a 47 yd. FG isn't a gimmie, even now. Especially on a grass field.

And some defensive genius figured out a way to hold the Bills, who scored almost 100 points in the 2 AFC playoff games, to only 2 TDs. What was that guy's name again? Bill, Bill something or other. ;)

JohnR
02-05-2018, 08:27 AM
Hats off to the Eagles, well played. Enjoy it Zimmy!!!

Agree - Enjoy it Zimmy!

And the Purge begins in Philly

The Purge of people? Or the Purge of the City by rioting fans?

Raider Ronnie
02-05-2018, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE=Mike P;1136617]You seem to have forgotten Parcells' game plan of clock control by pounding Ottis Anderson all of the second half, keeping Kelly and the Bills' high powered offense on the sideline. And a 47 yd. FG isn't a gimmie, even now. Especially on a grass field.

Isn’t a gimmie ???
Go back and search my replies.
I said that 100 Times giving credit to #4 and should have been mvp atleast 1 or 2 Super Bowl wins.

Slipknot
02-05-2018, 10:37 AM
rioting fans

zimmy
02-05-2018, 11:04 AM
Thanks! Insane game from start to finish. That exemplified why I wanted the Eagles to face Brady. There were literally zero seconds in that game where it felt like the Eagles had it wrapped up. Sure would love a rematch in Atlanta to give Carson a shot at it, but bless Nick Foles. Dude has stones.