View Full Version : Fishing Cape Ann

Fly Rod
08-21-2003, 08:58 AM
Excellent day on the water yesterday. We had 17 stripers to the boat 4 fish were over 28" Fish were in tight 3-4' of water.

We had 20+ bluefish to the boat all in the 6-10lb range.

Not sure but maybe had a football tuna also. Spooled my line and broke off. Couldn't hold em. Lost my rapala lure

RockLobsta
08-21-2003, 11:31 AM
Fly-

Thats good news....I have not had any luck at all this year. Of course I haven't been out like last year but it seems a lot slower this year. I'm going out this weekend, will try and hook up some fish......

The lobsta's have been good but I'm sick of 'em.....need some fish

Jetta
08-22-2003, 09:00 AM
Hi Flyrod,

What technique did you catch the bluefish with?

Thanks in advance

Jetta

Fly Rod
08-22-2003, 11:47 AM
Was trolling Rapala cd-18 in the colors of blue & white herring and the orange and mustard. They have worked for years. Caught most of the blues on the blue & white.

RockLobsta
08-25-2003, 12:08 PM
There was a very large blitz going on up there for one hour and half on Sunday.......too bad I didn't have the right gear... I had a couple of lures and no leaders:mad:

Fly Rod
08-26-2003, 07:07 AM
There was a blitz going on yesterday off of Thatchers Light And the blues were in Gloucester Harbor .

Bait fish should start showing up on there migration south. September should be alot of action on the back shore from Thatchers to the break water.