View Full Version : Россия

spence
02-17-2018, 10:56 AM
Curious when you guys are going to come around to the fact that a sitting POTUS has been and is actively protecting Russian efforts to undermine our democracy and doing nothing to impede their future actions.

Anyone? Anyone here?

detbuch
02-17-2018, 11:40 AM
Curious when you guys are going to come around to the fact that a sitting POTUS has been and is actively protecting Russian efforts to undermine our democracy and doing nothing to impede their future actions.

Anyone? Anyone here?

"Making America great again" will nullify there actions. We can't impede their actions otherwise, unless we actually go to war with them.

spence
02-17-2018, 11:45 AM
"Making America great again" will nullify there actions. We can't impede their actions otherwise, unless we actually go to war with them.
I didn't think this would be an easy one to respond to.

wdmso
02-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Feckless leader where have i heard this before :smokin:

tysdad115
02-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Agreed whoever was President during the election really was terrible. How could an administration allow this?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence
02-17-2018, 01:39 PM
Agreed whoever was President during the election really was terrible. How could an administration allow this?
You're avoiding the question.

detbuch
02-17-2018, 02:25 PM

You have posed a vague question loaded with an unsubstantiated certainty. It invites similar responses.

tysdad115
02-17-2018, 04:09 PM
You have posed a vague question loaded with an unsubstantiated certainty. It invites similar responses.

Exactly.

PaulS
02-17-2018, 06:18 PM

Anyone? Anyone here?

And it doesn't seem as though people have come to terms with the fact that the Russian supported Trump and did everything they could to get him elected. Wonder why?

PaulS
02-17-2018, 06:19 PM

Actually more like deflection

scottw
02-17-2018, 06:31 PM
And it doesn't seem as though people have come to terms with the fact that the Russian supported Trump and did everything they could to get him elected. Wonder why?

they hated Hillary like everyone else :rotf2:

scottw
02-18-2018, 06:50 AM
some Russians goofing around on Facebook bothers me far less than the American media for the large part(sans Foxnews) investing multi millions in man/womanpower, propaganda and partisan posturing in an effort to ensure that MAGA was not elected... together with the Obama administration using the power of the American government at their disposal and the partisans in those positions to first attempt to undermine candidacy of and then attempt to paralyze the incoming American President....pretty shameful when you think about it :uhuh:

Jim in CT
02-18-2018, 06:59 AM

OK. So a candidate is to be held responsible when bad people support him? Is Obama at fault because AL Sharpton voted for him? Or the Black Panthers?

The recent indictments said that no American nationals (which includes Trump) are known to have actively colluded with the Russians.

If there's evidence Trump did anything, let's get him and let Pence take over. If there isn't, the left is going to have to face that.

scottw
02-18-2018, 07:07 AM
ns.

If there's evidence Trump did anything, let's get him and let Pence take over. If there isn't, the left is going to have to face that.

the left hates Pence more than they hate the North Korean Princess of Propaganda and Torture...the would be fun:hihi:

DZ
02-18-2018, 07:14 AM
At least he didn't mention collusion - just changing the goalposts.

Jim in CT
02-18-2018, 07:19 AM
the left hates Pence more than they hate the North Korean Princess of Propaganda and Torture...the would be fun:hihi:

True, but I think that they think, that if Trump is impeached, somehow either Hilary or Nancy Pelosi takes over.

The lefty media's coverage of North Korea during the Olympics...I don't know what to say. They fawned all over the Princess Of Propaganda And Torture, they loved her. Almost every single instinct these lefties have, is wrong. They can't seem to get one right by accident. They can't bring themselves to condemn the people in charge of North Korea? How hard is that?

wdmso
02-18-2018, 08:19 AM
The agency was "spending too much time trying to prove Russian collusion with the Trump campaign", Mr Trump tweeted.(blaming the FBI on the shooter)

It's this basic he has not initiated any puntivative actions aginst the Russians for their clear meddling in our elections with agents on the ground .. Trumps doesn't care nor his supports ....

Spencer was clear with his question , but those who responded couldn't bring themselves to put it in a post Trump hasnt done a thing against the Russian,s

. Because like Trump they if they admit interference they can't keep calling it witch hunt by the fake media.

Ps indictments in do not clear people in other on going investigations

scottw
02-18-2018, 08:37 AM
Ps indictments in do not clear people in other on going investigations

hoping to see some indictments of Hillary campaign members for paying a foreign agent(Steele) to create salacious and unverified propaganda that was then used by the Obama administration to try to affect the outcome(befor and after) of an election....

also looking forward to the indictments against democrats(ALL) who use thousands of foreign nationals(illegal immigrants) in various ways each election cycle to get democrats elected and sway elections :rolleyes:

wdmso
02-18-2018, 08:42 AM
Just a side note Fox is covering the current indictment not as outraged that Russian operatives were in here the US . NO
they were bringing up Uranium 1 deal saying Russian operatives and who else but Hillary was in collusion with the Russians ... just say ..Hillary and get pavlovian response every time from the Fox viewer

scottw
02-18-2018, 09:05 AM
Just a side note Fox is covering the current indictment not as outraged that Russian operatives were in here the US . NO
they were bringing up Uranium 1 deal saying Russian operatives and who else but Hillary was in collusion with the Russians ... just say ..Hillary and get pavlovian response every time from the Fox viewer

who watches FOX?

spence
02-18-2018, 09:16 AM
Maybe they didn't get the memo that the DOJ has already debunked the Uranium One story.

wdmso
02-18-2018, 09:26 AM
Wrong thread

scottw
02-18-2018, 09:50 AM
Maybe they didn't get the memo that the DOJ has already debunked the Uranium One story.

so now the DOJ is doing debunking?

wdmso
02-18-2018, 09:59 AM
hoping to see some indictments of Hillary campaign members for paying a foreign agent(Steele) to create salacious and unverified propaganda that was then used by the Obama administration to try to affect the outcome(befor and after) of an election....

also looking forward to the indictments against democrats(ALL) who use thousands of foreign nationals(illegal immigrants) in various ways each election cycle to get democrats elected and sway elections :rolleyes:

Ahh the non existing voter fraud argument ... and the steel doiser ... remember when the right was supporting the wiki leaks releasing stolen emails . And I think it was said it's not how we got them as much as what was in it... And I said it's all fun until the barrel is pointed at the Republicans .now the barrel has changed it's focus. Its not how the steel thing was started it's all about what was found because of it .. just like the DNC email .. karma a bitch..

scottw
02-18-2018, 10:08 AM
Ahh the non existing voter fraud argument ... and the steel doiser ...

I didn't say anything about voter fraud and I don't think those Russians were indicted for voting fraudulently either

PaulS
02-18-2018, 10:31 AM
OK. So a candidate is to be held responsible when bad people support him? Is Obama at fault because AL Sharpton voted for him? Or the Black Panthers?
t.

That's not what I said. People don't criticize Trump because the Neo Nazis, kkk or racists voted for him. They criticized Trump because he called them nice or fine people and doesn't criticize them. You have no control over who votes for you but you do have control over the policies that you have that causes people to vote for you.

There's been far too little discussion on why the Russians supported Trump over Hillary, Cruz or Rubio.

scottw
02-18-2018, 10:48 AM
the left has gone full on whacko... :rotf3:

Jim in CT
02-18-2018, 11:47 AM
That's not what I said. People don't criticize Trump because the Neo Nazis, kkk or racists voted for him. They criticized Trump because he called them nice or fine people and doesn't criticize them. You have no control over who votes for you but you do have control over the policies that you have that causes people to vote for you.

There's been far too little discussion on why the Russians supported Trump over Hillary, Cruz or Rubio.

"People don't criticize Trump because the Neo Nazis, kkk or racists voted for him"

Well I don't know what planet you inhabit, but here on Earth, people went berserk when David Duke said he supported Trump, despite the fact that Trump has denounced him a million times.

"They criticized Trump because he called them nice or fine people "

First, Trump was attacked for sympathizing with white supremacists (with zero evidence) way before that rally. Second, Trump didn't say the white supremacists were nice people (he actually was very critical of them), He said that both sides contained nice people. I would not have advised him to say that, but it's nowhere near the same thing as him supporting white supremacists.

With all the genuinely vile things he actually does...why can't you people be satisfied with pointing those out? Why do you need to make stuff up?

"There's been far too little discussion on why the Russians supported Trump over Hillary, Cruz or Rubio"

There has? So again, you're going to judge candidates based on who supports them? I wonder who Al Queda supported in 2008, do you suppose? Any guesses?

If bad people support Trump, you want to talk about why. If bad people support Obama, there's no need to dwell on that. In fact, it's probably racist to dwell on that.

Hollywood always supports Democrats,. I dare you to find me a bigger group of consistently amoral, degenerate, perverted, hedonist, drugged-out, sleazy weirdos. Why do they ALWAYS support the democrat?

PaulS
02-18-2018, 12:36 PM
Trump did not denounce Duke until he was criticized repeatedly for not doing that so stop lying. remember Trump e said I don't know Who David Duke is even though they had video of him talking about Duke. Saying others are making stuff up is funny when you out and out lie. Crying about Hollywood like that is even more funny when you look at the current crop of Republicans. Look what a vile person they elected as president. Let's not forget 650,000 alabamians voted for a pedophile. Republicans talk a good game but don't back it up

Jim in CT
02-18-2018, 12:47 PM
Trump did not denounce Duke until he was criticized repeatedly for not doing that so stop lying. remember Trump e said I don't know Who David Duke is even though they had video of him talking about Duke. Saying others are making stuff up is funny when you out and out lie. Crying about Hollywood like that is even more funny when you look at the current crop of Republicans. Look what a vile person they elected as president. Let's not forget 650,000 alabamians voted for a pedophile. Republicans talk a good game but don't back it up

"Trump did not denounce Duke until he was criticized repeatedly for not doing that so stop lying"

But long after Trump denounced Duke dozens of time, the left still said he liked Duke. He can't win, it doesn't matter what he does.

"so stop lying"

What lie, exactly?

"about Hollywood like that is even more funny when you look at the current crop of Republicans"

In 2016, there were some decent folks running against Trump. Unfortunately he won. Again, I don't claim that Republican politicians are always morally superior to Democratic politicians. I claim that the Republican platform, is morally superior to the democrat platform. Pointing out that Trump is loathsome, doesn't refute my belief, not in the least.

"Republicans talk a good game but don't back it up"

Which explains why Republicans hold so few federal and statewide offices, and why people are fleeing CT and why the Carolinas and Nashville, cannot build houses fast enough.

PaulS
02-18-2018, 12:50 PM
You lied when you said he'd denounced them a million times after he reluctantly half-heartedly denounced him after being criticized for it. Do we have to again discuss Nashville Etc or should we just pull up that old thread?

PaulS
02-18-2018, 12:56 PM
And Trump was not highly critical of the neo-nazis in Charlottesville. He said there was fine people on both sides so he was defending neo-nazis. Again let me say it he was defending neo-nazis. So along with that he has yet to criticize the Russians for interfering with our elections. Should I repeat that one again also.

scottw
02-18-2018, 01:13 PM
And Trump was not highly critical of the neo-nazis in Charlottesville. He said there was fine people on both sides so he was defending neo-nazis. Again let me say it he was defending neo-nazis. So along with that he has yet to criticize the Russians for interfering with our elections. Should I repeat that one again also.

you officially hold the record, not likely to ever be broken, for nazi/neo-nazi/racist/kkk references...

congrats :btu:

Jim in CT
02-18-2018, 01:25 PM

"Trump was not highly critical of the neo-nazis in Charlottesville"

Here's what he said (in addition to saying there were fine people on both sides):"We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides...it has no place in America"

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-speaks-charlottesville-rally"

So, if the people you get your news from (MSNBC? The View? Al Jazeera?), told you that Trump was not highly critical of the white supremacists, it appears you were duped. Unless I'm supposed to believe that when he condemned hate and bigotry, he didn't mean when it comes from Nazis. That's probably what you believe, but there is zero evidence to lead one to that conclusion.

"Again let me say it he was defending neo-nazis."

If you say so...Last month, my 6 year-old said again and again, "I ate my sandwich, I didn't give it to the dog". But when the dog then vomited a sandwich all over my floor, my son (like you) was in the unenviable position of having the evidence defy what he was saying. You can say it as many times as you want. The evidence says something else.

Trump is not a good guy, not even close. He may well be a racist, I don't know. But he did not offer any support to the white supremacists at Charlottesville. None.

When Trump was talking about Mexican immigrants two years ago, he said many are nice people. He also said some are rapists and drug dealers. All that got reported, was that he implied all Mexicans are racists and drug dealers.

Saying he supported the Nazis, is a lot like saying he said all Mexicans are drug dealers and rapists.

wdmso
02-18-2018, 05:08 PM
I didn't say anything about voter fraud and I don't think those Russians were indicted for voting fraudulently either

indictments against democrats(ALL) who use thousands of foreign nationals(illegal immigrants) in various ways each election cycle to get democrats elected and sway elections

That's not a voting fraud reference ? Then what is?

scottw
02-18-2018, 10:32 PM
if I'd meant voting illegally...I'd have written voting illegally....there are various and sundry ways the democrats use the illegal immigrant population(foreign nationals) to attempt to get elected each cycle...do I need to list them?

spence
02-19-2018, 08:37 AM
if I'd meant voting illegally...I'd have written voting illegally....there are various and sundry ways the democrats use the illegal immigrant population(foreign nationals) to attempt to get elected each cycle...do I need to list them?
Sure, I could use a chuckle.

scottw
02-19-2018, 12:45 PM
Sure, I could use a chuckle.

:huh:

spence
02-19-2018, 12:49 PM
:huh:
That's it? Wasn't even funny.

scottw
02-19-2018, 12:57 PM
it's a great example...when you are dragging folks that are here illegally up to the podium of your National Convention to speak...not to mention rallies and marches...well.......I have better things to do than to try to make you laugh....look in the mirror...that should suffice:eek:

wdmso
02-19-2018, 03:12 PM
it's a great example...when you are dragging folks that are here illegally up to the podium of your National Convention to speak...not to mention rallies and marches...well.......I have better things to do than to try to make you laugh....look in the mirror...that should suffice:eek:

like the north korea guy at the state of the union? to gin up support for attacking N korea ?

but the plight of an 11 year old America girl an the fear for her parents is an attempt to get elected?

id say they are both examples people just looking for a better life . wherever they can find it

scottw
02-19-2018, 03:23 PM
like the north korea guy at the state of the union? to gin up support for attacking N korea ?

maybe I missed it....is he in the country illegally?

spence
02-19-2018, 03:54 PM

but the plight of an 11 year old America girl an the fear for her parents is an attempt to get elected?

id say they are both examples people just looking for a better life . wherever they can find it
The fear of a child is "sundry" ... not sure if he even know what that word means.

scottw
02-19-2018, 06:15 PM
The fear of a child is "sundry" ... not sure if he even know what that word means.

actually..if you read..it reads,.... mom lives in fear of deportation...she's an adult....and since she's here illegally that would be a likely and legitimate fear/concern when you sneak in to a foreign country

scottw
02-20-2018, 12:39 AM
collusion??

According to Mueller’s indictment:

" Defendants and their co-conspirators, through another ORGANIZATION-controlled group, organized a rally in New York called “Trump is NOT my President” held on or about November 12, 2016."

A check of their November 12 coverage showed both CNN and MSNBC gave enthusiastic coverage to the Russian-organized anti-Trump rally that day, with live reports every hour. Correspondents celebrated the idea that it was “a love rally,” and repeated the marchers’ anti-Trump mantras, such as: “We reject the President-elect.”

At one point, MSNBC anchor Alex Witt credulously responded to the rhetoric: “That woman, when she’s saying she’s concerned that black people will be shot in the street....Is that a legitimate concern for her? Because, that’s scary.”

Correspondent Morgan Radford cheerfully played along: “Alex, it’s not only a legitimate concern for her, it’s a legitimate concern for a lot of people I’ve spoken to....They’re wondering if this [Trump’s election] is almost a license to carry in terms of hate.”

Jim in CT
02-20-2018, 09:22 AM
collusion??

According to Mueller’s indictment:

" Defendants and their co-conspirators, through another ORGANIZATION-controlled group, organized a rally in New York called “Trump is NOT my President” held on or about November 12, 2016."

A check of their November 12 coverage showed both CNN and MSNBC gave enthusiastic coverage to the Russian-organized anti-Trump rally that day, with live reports every hour. Correspondents celebrated the idea that it was “a love rally,” and repeated the marchers’ anti-Trump mantras, such as: “We reject the President-elect.”

At one point, MSNBC anchor Alex Witt credulously responded to the rhetoric: “That woman, when she’s saying she’s concerned that black people will be shot in the street....Is that a legitimate concern for her? Because, that’s scary.”

Correspondent Morgan Radford cheerfully played along: “Alex, it’s not only a legitimate concern for her, it’s a legitimate concern for a lot of people I’ve spoken to....They’re wondering if this [Trump’s election] is almost a license to carry in terms of hate.”

I watched msnbc last night, and half-beast Rachael Maddow devoted ten minutes to a story in the NYT which cited an anonymous source in the trump administration, claiming that they were all happy that the FL shooting happened since it diverted media attention away from the rob porter sexual abuse allegations, at least for a few days. She (?) went on and on and on, about how horrible it is to have an administration that’s glad when kids get murdered.

With liberals in DC and in the media, if you’re not on their side, you are the epitome of evil. It’s not possible to have a principled opinion that’s different from theirs.

wdmso
02-20-2018, 10:46 AM
Jim you need to watch more of the Trump news network aka fox

I cant find any story you quoted... got a link?

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/19/17027456/fox-news-mueller-indictment-trump

The data paints a clear story of how damaging it is for a media outlet to prioritize its defense of the president. In the past 72 hours, Fox News:

Limited its coverage of what the indictment actually reveals: evidence of foreign organizations trying to undermine American democracy
Drastically reduced coverage of the Florida school shooting to push pundits onto TV to say this story actually vindicates President Trump, even though it does nothing of the sort
Used a detail of the school shooting to push the narrative that the FBI, and by extension the Muller investigation, is flawed — and gave cover to President Trump

It’s easy to just chalk all this up to Fox News being Fox News. But Fox News is the main source of news for 19 percent of 2016 voters, including 40 percent of Trump voters. There’s academic evidence that Fox News is more powerful than we ever imagined. It’s a network that allows conspiracy theorists to make hay out of baseless lies. And to top it all off, there is evidence that the hosts see their jobs as advising Trump — talking directly to him — and that Trump sees them as his main information source.

spence
02-20-2018, 11:25 AM
The data paints a clear story of how damaging it is for a media outlet to prioritize its defense of the president. In the past 72 hours, Fox News:
What I find so alarming is the effort to undermine our own institutions. It doesn't surprise me that Russia is actively perusing this but how many Americans, Republicans in Congress and even the POTUS are all complicit in enabling the Russian interference.

You can't make this stuff up.

Jim in CT
02-20-2018, 11:39 AM
Jim you need to watch more of the Trump news network aka fox

I cant find any story you quoted... got a link?

https://www.vox.com/2018/2/19/17027456/fox-news-mueller-indictment-trump

Limited its coverage of what the indictment actually reveals: evidence of foreign organizations trying to undermine American democracy
Drastically reduced coverage of the Florida school shooting to push pundits onto TV to say this story actually vindicates President Trump, even though it does nothing of the sort
Used a detail of the school shooting to push the narrative that the FBI, and by extension the Muller investigation, is flawed — and gave cover to President Trump

It’s easy to just chalk all this up to Fox News being Fox News. But Fox News is the main source of news for 19 percent of 2016 voters, including 40 percent of Trump voters. There’s academic evidence that Fox News is more powerful than we ever imagined. It’s a network that allows conspiracy theorists to make hay out of baseless lies. And to top it all off, there is evidence that the hosts see their jobs as advising Trump — talking directly to him — and that Trump sees them as his main information source.

"I cant find any story you quoted... got a link?"

Here it is. Maddow spent ten minutes last night, telling her audience (me and Spence and 2 other suckers) how awful it is that a president would he happy that a school shooting took place. It never occurred to her, that the story might be made up.

The luxury of quoting a second-hand, anonymous source...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/for-the-weary-white-house-florida-shooting-offered-a-reprieve-from-scandals/2018/02/19/04293442-158a-11e8-92c9-376b4fe57ff7_story.html?utm_term=.e41b6e25176b

Funny, when Trump complained during the campaign that the election was being rigged, Obama told him to "stop whining", and then Obama proceeded to explain why a presidential election was too de-centralized to be interfered with.

Then as soon as Trump won, it was assumed it woul dbe easy for Russia to influence the outcome.

So when everyone thought Hilary was going to win in a landslide, it was paranoid to assume an election could ever be unfair. If she won, the outcome could not be questioned.

But when she lost? Something must be afoot!!

Do you see how obviously dishonest that is?

Jim in CT
02-20-2018, 11:41 AM
What I find so alarming is the effort to undermine our own institutions. It doesn't surprise me that Russia is actively perusing this but how many Americans, Republicans in Congress and even the POTUS are all complicit in enabling the Russian interference.

You can't make this stuff up.

All those people conspired to interfere. But not the Hilary campaign by giving money to a foreign agent to help with the dossier. That was some kind of noble cooperation among nations, I suppose. Russian interference", no sir. Right?

Pete F.
02-20-2018, 11:51 AM
All those people conspired to interfere. But not the Hilary campaign by giving money to a foreign agent to help with the dossier. That was some kind of noble cooperation among nations, I suppose. Russian interference", no sir. Right?
Last I knew the Brits were on our side of the fence, from what i have seen about that "foreign agent" he was the point man for the Brits on their Russian desk.
But don't worry Trump never had anything to do with any Mob guys on any side of the oceans.

spence
02-20-2018, 02:37 PM
Here it is. Maddow spent ten minutes last night, telling her audience (me and Spence and 2 other suckers) how awful it is that a president would he happy that a school shooting took place. It never occurred to her, that the story might be made up.

The Washington Post would have had it double sourced. Probably one of the most respectable papers out there.

Funny, when Trump complained during the campaign that the election was being rigged, Obama told him to "stop whining", and then Obama proceeded to explain why a presidential election was too de-centralized to be interfered with.
There's a big difference between "rigged" and "influenced." Trump was claiming the election was "rigged."

Besides, at that time the scope of Russian meddling wasn't known to be of the scale it is today. Do you hate Clinton and Obama more than you love our Democracy?

spence
02-20-2018, 02:45 PM
They gave money to an American firm who hired an independent contractor they thought would provide the best opposition research. Nothing illegal or unethical about that. Under sworn testimony Fusion GSP's founders said Steele wasn't informed about the client and no money was passed to gain information from Russian sources.

wdmso
02-20-2018, 03:36 PM
"I cant find any story you quoted... got a link?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/for-the-weary-white-house-florida-shooting-offered-a-reprieve-from-scandals/2018/02/19/04293442-158a-11e8-92c9-376b4fe57ff7_story.html?utm_term=.e41b6e25176b

Then as soon as Trump won, it was assumed it woul dbe easy for Russia to influence the outcome.

So when everyone thought Hilary was going to win in a landslide, it was paranoid to assume an election could ever be unfair. If she won, the outcome could not be questioned.

But when she lost? Something must be afoot!!

Do you see how obviously dishonest that is?

where do you come up with this stuff ? The Russian operation is real

and he has done nothing but blame everyone but the russians

45 Countries Still Don't Have A U.S. Ambassador

130 political appointees working in the Executive Office of the President did not have permanent security clearances as of November 2017, including the president's daughter, son-in-law and his top legal counsel, according to internal White House documents obtained by NBC News.

Trump has no nominees for 245 important jobs, including an ambassador to South Korea

In 2017, 34% of President Trump’s staff was either been fired, resigned, or reassigned. Trump’s first year turnover rate is exactly double that of Reagan’s 17% in 1981, which is the next highest in the past 40 years.

TRUMP GOLF COUNT: 94* Cost to Taxpayer: At least $55,823,128**

Days Trump has spent at Mar a Lago: 57

Cost of flights to Mar a Lago (13 so far):* ~$26,985,000

Days Trump has spent at Bedminster: 33

Cost of flights to Bedminster (11 so far):*~$8,481,000

Trump has visited his clubs once every this many days since his inauguration 4.3

Projected visits to golf clubs in four years: 339

Projected visits in eight years: 678

Total times Obama played golf during his eight year Presidency: 306

the Only Person conspiring against Trump is Trump :kewl:

wdmso
02-20-2018, 03:42 PM
The full list of known indictments and plea deals in Mueller’s probe

1) George Papadopoulos, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, pleaded guilty in October to making false statements to the FBI.

2) Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, pleaded guilty in December to making false statements to the FBI.

3) Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, was indicted in October on charges of conspiracy, money laundering, false statements, and failure to disclose foreign assets — all related to his work for Ukrainian politicians before he joined the Trump campaign. He’s pleaded not guilty on all counts.

4) Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign aide and Manafort’s longtime junior business partner, was similarly indicted on conspiracy, money laundering, and false statements charges. He’s pleaded not guilty on all counts, for now.

5-20) 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies were indicted on conspiracy charges, with some also being accused of identity theft. The charges related to a Russian propaganda effort designed to interfere with the 2016 campaign. The companies involved are the Internet Research Agency, often described as a “Russian troll farm,” and two other companies that helped finance it. The Russian nationals indicted include 12 of the agency’s employees and its alleged financier, Yevgeny Prigozhin.

21) Richard Pinedo: This California man pleaded guilty to an identity theft charge in connection with the Russian indictments, and has agreed to cooperate with Mueller.

22) Alex van der Zwaan: This London lawyer will reportedly plead guilty to making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with Rick Gates.

Two ex-Trump advisers lied to the FBI about their contacts with Russians

A Capt should go down with his ship Trump picked the players on his team he is responsible

Jim in CT
02-20-2018, 06:38 PM
The full list of known indictments and plea deals in Mueller’s probe

1) George Papadopoulos, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, pleaded guilty in October to making false statements to the FBI.

2) Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, pleaded guilty in December to making false statements to the FBI.

3) Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, was indicted in October on charges of conspiracy, money laundering, false statements, and failure to disclose foreign assets — all related to his work for Ukrainian politicians before he joined the Trump campaign. He’s pleaded not guilty on all counts.

4) Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign aide and Manafort’s longtime junior business partner, was similarly indicted on conspiracy, money laundering, and false statements charges. He’s pleaded not guilty on all counts, for now.

5-20) 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies were indicted on conspiracy charges, with some also being accused of identity theft. The charges related to a Russian propaganda effort designed to interfere with the 2016 campaign. The companies involved are the Internet Research Agency, often described as a “Russian troll farm,” and two other companies that helped finance it. The Russian nationals indicted include 12 of the agency’s employees and its alleged financier, Yevgeny Prigozhin.

21) Richard Pinedo: This California man pleaded guilty to an identity theft charge in connection with the Russian indictments, and has agreed to cooperate with Mueller.

22) Alex van der Zwaan: This London lawyer will reportedly plead guilty to making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with Rick Gates.

Two ex-Trump advisers lied to the FBI about their contacts with Russians

A Capt should go down with his ship Trump picked the players on his team he is responsible

A captain should go down with the ship, eh? So what punishment would you hand out for the person who was secState when Americans died in Benghazi? A brutal punishment I am sure...

spence
02-20-2018, 06:53 PM
A captain should go down with the ship, eh? So what punishment would you hand out for the person who was secState when Americans died in Benghazi? A brutal punishment I am sure...
Not sure I can face palm enough here.

wdmso
02-20-2018, 07:00 PM

Benghazi please those men died doing their jobs and the right drags them tru the mud for political gain .on a fantasy they were left to die ,,, funny how I have seen no outrage about 4 soldiers killed in an ambush Nigier funny how that works

Sea Dangles
02-20-2018, 07:46 PM
I am so psyched to see the lefty pukes lose their mind for the next 7 years.

Pete F.
02-20-2018, 07:48 PM
What about is contributing to Trump s gaslighting. What would you as a responsible parent say to your child if they did something and said but Johnny?
I know what it was in the one I grew up in and mine. It was not that’s OK

Jim in CT
02-20-2018, 08:49 PM
Benghazi please those men died doing their jobs and the right drags them tru the mud for political gain .on a fantasy they were left to die ,,, funny how I have seen no outrage about 4 soldiers killed in an ambush Nigier funny how that works

So what you meant, is that republican captains should go down with the ship, while democrat captains leave their post, start billion dollar foundations, and give sweetheart jobs to their cronies.

Jim in CT
02-20-2018, 08:51 PM

Trump might run again in 2020, just for the fun of watching the circus freaks at msnbc and cnn blow a gasket. He is living rent free in their heads, and he absolutely loves it.

RIROCKHOUND
02-20-2018, 08:56 PM
So what you meant, is that republican captains should go down with the ship, while democrat captains leave their post, start billion dollar foundations, and give sweetheart jobs to their cronies.

Are you really making the cronies comment now, with the current administration? Without being ironic?

Nebe
02-20-2018, 09:23 PM
Are you really making the cronies comment now, with the current administration? Without being ironic?

He even brought up Benghazi too.
#sad

Sea Dangles
02-20-2018, 10:43 PM

Name the last administration where this was not the case. I could use some enlightenment.

spence
02-21-2018, 08:40 AM
That you would value your own titilation over the fitness of our Democracy is really sad.

Sea Dangles
02-21-2018, 09:22 AM
That you would value your own titilation over the fitness of our Democracy is really sad.

Let's be honest Jeff, you only seem to value democracy when it suits your agenda. Remember the fit you threw after election night? It wasn't because democracy lost,nor had the system failed you. It's because you are a big baby. Please understand that every time you complain about our president that I will be celebrating your misery.

wdmso
02-21-2018, 09:43 AM

you still love comparing things that are not the same

and no thoughts on the niger ambush

spence
02-21-2018, 10:17 AM
Let's be honest Jeff, you only seem to value democracy when it suits your agenda. Remember the fit you threw after election night? It wasn't because democracy lost,nor had the system failed you. It's because you are a big baby. Please understand that every time you complain about our president that I will be celebrating your misery.
Here ya go.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hidden-motives/201401/schadenfreude-and-envy

Jim in CT
02-21-2018, 10:34 AM

Bryan, here's the difference, and it is a fundamental difference. I can say out loud, that Trump is a scumbag. I can criticize those on my side, because I know it's honest, and I know it's not going to kill me.

There are liberals here, whose entire philosophe can be broken down to this:

liberal = good, conservative = bad. No exceptions, ever.

WDMSO said that Trump should step down because the captain should go down with the ship. If he believes that, I was just trying to ascertain whether or not he applies that logic to everyone, or only to Republicans. I got my answer, and of course it was the answer I was expecting.

Trump is a morally bankrupt reptile. I voted for him, because (1) I'd rather have a jerk whose policies I agree with, than a nice person who can't do anything right, and (2) the other candidate was also a morally bankrupt jerk, who in addition to being a jerk, advocates for policies I believe to be immoral and counter-productive.

If Hilary had won, we would not see endless outrage of all of the personal moral transgressions, of the president. You know that's true.

Jim in CT
02-21-2018, 10:38 AM
He even brought up Benghazi too.
#sad

I brought it up, because it was suggested that leaders should resign their post, when bad things happen. I was just wondering if he applies that standard consistently, or if he's a hypocrite. I happened to pick Benghazi, I'm sorry that makes you sad. There are many things I could have pointed to, times when things went bad under a democrat, when I assure you that WDMSO did not insist that the captain go down with the ship.

Forget Benghazi...

Obama said that his trillion-dollar stimulus plan would keep unemployment below 8%, he said that under Obamacare our premiums would go down $2500 and we could keep our doctors, Obama was successfully sued by the Little Sisters Of The Poor for trampling upon their constitutional rights. Do you think WDMSO ever called on Obama to go down with the ship?

Jim in CT
02-21-2018, 10:47 AM

What has Trump done, to make our democracy less fit, exactly?

For 8 years under Obama, Christians had their religious freedoms trampled by a POTUS who claimed that they had to check their religion at the front door of their office, by having to fund birth control for recreational sex, and abortion-inducing pills. At the same time, Obama argued that Muslim truck drivers could not be forced to deliver alcohol, that the employers had to make other accommodations.

Tell me what Trump has done that from a Constitutional perspective, compares with that.

Trump isn't a dictator, the checks and balances are still in place, the executive branch is still the least powerful of the 3 branches. He spouts off on Twitter like a baby. It's embarrassing. It's not a threat to our democracy.

Find somebody to run that's less repugnant than he is, and also convince others on your side to stop lying about Republican candidates for three seconds, and Trump would not have emerged.

Your side made McCain out to be a racist philanderer, and your side made Romney out to be a heartless plutocrat (MSNBC said that because he keeps resumes of impressive women in a binder in his office, that means he hates women, that was a segment on MSNBC). You keep throwing cheap shots at decent Republican candidates, don't act shocked when the Republicans nominate someone who is quite comfortable at fighting dirty, who can win at the game of fighting dirty. You never stop throwing cheap shots, we're going to nominate someone who is a master at the game of cheap shots.

Let's fight more cleanly, and there will be no need for a Trump.

Your side still has absolutely no idea how he came to win the nomination or the general. None.

Nebe
02-21-2018, 11:39 AM
Trump is a douche. Having a douche as president of the US is a threat to our democracy. Having a douche spewing America first is a threat to our standing as a respected global leader.

Trump is a douche

Jim in CT
02-21-2018, 12:08 PM
Trump is a douche. Having a douche as president of the US is a threat to our democracy. Having a douche spewing America first is a threat to our standing as a respected global leader.

Trump is a douche

"Trump is a douche"

Agreed. Is Hilary better? She's not as vulgar or as juvenile. But is her moral compass any better?

"spewing America first is a threat to our standing as a respected global leader. "

The President isn't supposed to put American interests first? I literally cannot fathom how you could say that, and I mean that, it's stupefying to me that you'd be offended that a POTUS cares more about Americans than people from other countries.

He didn't get elected to be Secretary General of the UN.

Obama spent 8 years apologizing for all of America's faults. Did that make our enemies like us?

wdmso
02-21-2018, 12:37 PM
What has Trump done, to make our democracy less fit, exactly?

For 8 years under Obama, Christians had their religious freedoms trampled by a POTUS who claimed that they had to check their religion at the front door of their office, by having to fund birth control for recreational sex, and abortion-inducing pills. At the same time, Obama argued that Muslim truck drivers could not be forced to deliver alcohol, that the employers had to make other accommodations.

Tell me what Trump has done that from a Constitutional perspective, compares with that.

Trump isn't a dictator, the checks and balances are still in place, the executive branch is still the least powerful of the 3 branches. He spouts off on Twitter like a baby. It's embarrassing. It's not a threat to our democracy.

Find somebody to run that's less repugnant than he is, and also convince others on your side to stop lying about Republican candidates for three seconds, and Trump would not have emerged.

Your side made McCain out to be a racist philanderer, and your side made Romney out to be a heartless plutocrat (MSNBC said that because he keeps resumes of impressive women in a binder in his office, that means he hates women, that was a segment on MSNBC). You keep throwing cheap shots at decent Republican candidates, don't act shocked when the Republicans nominate someone who is quite comfortable at fighting dirty, who can win at the game of fighting dirty. You never stop throwing cheap shots, we're going to nominate someone who is a master at the game of cheap shots.

Let's fight more cleanly, and there will be no need for a Trump.

Your side still has absolutely no idea how he came to win the nomination or the general. None.

WHAT HAS TRUMP DONE TO THE RUSSIANS !!!!! NOTHING AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS MENTION OBAMA ??? WHY IS THAT ??

Your side still has absolutely no idea how he came to win the nomination or the general. None. YES WE DO TRUMP SOLD THE COUNTRY A BOOK OF LIES AND PEOPLE BOUGHT IT .. sun light disinfects and the sun is shining brightly on Trump and his administration

wdmso
02-21-2018, 12:50 PM
I brought it up, because it was suggested that leaders should resign their post, when bad things happen. I was just wondering if he applies that standard consistently, or if he's a hypocrite. I happened to pick Benghazi, I'm sorry that makes you sad. There are many things I could have pointed to, times when things went bad under a democrat, when I assure you that WDMSO did not insist that the captain go down with the ship.

Forget Benghazi...

Obama said that his trillion-dollar stimulus plan would keep unemployment below 8%, he said that under Obamacare our premiums would go down $2500 and we could keep our doctors, Obama was successfully sued by the Little Sisters Of The Poor for trampling upon their constitutional rights. Do you think WDMSO ever called on Obama to go down with the ship?

you do know the stimulus plan has contributed the economy doing well

I kept my doctor

Little Sisters Of The Poor for trampling upon their constitutional rights. discrimination is a right new to me ?

But you miss the down with the down with ship point ... Taking about trumps appointments and their criminal indictments ,, lack of security clearances and ambassadors.. yet again you deflect are you suggesting Obama administration was as disfunction as Trumps current administration

detbuch
02-21-2018, 12:50 PM
There are a lot of references in this thread, and others, to "our" democracy. And the threat to it. Not a threat to democracy. A threat to "our" democracy.

So what is particular about "our" democracy? We are a Republic with a democratic form of electing government officials. And "our" Republic has a unique Constitution which delineates the scope and power of the national government, and reserves the remaining powers to the people.

What is a threat to "our" democracy? Any governmental encroachment on the powers of the people is a threat to "our" democracy. Any chipping away at our constitutional foundation without consent of the people is a threat to "our" democracy. Notions that our Constitution is outdated, that it should be ignored or subverted in any way are threats to "our" democracy.

The assumption that we are a democracy rather than a constitutional republic is a threat to "our" democracy. The Progressives' trick of framing us as their idea of a pure democracy is key to their political campaigns against the foundation of "our" democracy. Transforming us into a pure democracy in which there are no checks against government power and our votes are merely to decide who fills the seats of all-powerful government is an absolute destruction of "our" democracy. It is the form of democracy that tyrants love.

Trump's personal character, his "doucheness," or scumminess, are not threats to "our" democracy. "Our" democracy has checks and balances which keep his scummy doucheness, if that is indeed what moves him, as impediments to his life, not ours. But in a democracy in which government has all the power and our votes merely rotate the pawns and queens and kings (aka Presidents and bureaucrats) in the system, then a President's personal doucheness can be a threat to the people.

It is the Progressive form of democracy, not Trump, which is a threat to "our" democracy.

Jim in CT
02-21-2018, 12:56 PM
WHAT HAS TRUMP DONE TO THE RUSSIANS !!!!! NOTHING AND ALL YOU CAN DO IS MENTION OBAMA ??? WHY IS THAT ??

Your side still has absolutely no idea how he came to win the nomination or the general. None. YES WE DO TRUMP SOLD THE COUNTRY A BOOK OF LIES AND PEOPLE BOUGHT IT .. sun light disinfects and the sun is shining brightly on Trump and his administration

If there is evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, let's see it. As of this moment, there is none.

Funny, during the campaign, when Trump said it was rigged, Obama made fun of Trump for suggesting that American presidential elections could be influenced that way. But now that Trump won, I'm supposed to believe that our elections are vulnerable to foreign influence.

"ALL YOU CAN DO IS MENTION OBAMA ??? WHY IS THAT "

It's not all I can do, it's one thing I do. In this case, I do it to point out your glaring hypocrisy. You said a captain should go down with the ship. I can make a long list of democrat leaders who presided over bad results, and I bet you never called for any of them to go down with the ship.

"TRUMP SOLD THE COUNTRY A BOOK OF LIES AND PEOPLE BOUGHT IT "

What lies did he sell that I bought, exactly? Can you name a couple?

"the sun is shining brightly on Trump and his administration"

Did you say the same thing about Hilary's handling of her emails? Or once again, do your ethical standards only apply to Republicans?

The economy is roaring, unemployment is down (especially for blacks, which caused not one democrat to clap), ISIS is being pulverized.

Jim in CT
02-21-2018, 01:02 PM

I kept my doctor

Little Sisters Of The Poor for trampling upon their constitutional rights. discrimination is a right new to me ?

But you miss the down with the down with ship point ... Taking about trumps appointments and their criminal indictments ,, lack of security clearances and ambassadors.. yet again you deflect are you suggesting Obama administration was as disfunction as Trumps current administration

"I kept my doctor "

Who gives a sh*t? He didn't only make that promise to you. Am I going too fast for you? Many people could not keep their doctor/plan.

"Little Sisters Of The Poor for trampling upon their constitutional rights. discrimination is a right new to me ?"

Who were they discriminating against? You just make stuff up? The Supreme Court ruled that they were correct, Obamacare was violating their constitutional rights. Obama tried to force them to pay for the tools for recreational sex. It's not constitutional, and you'd think someone who taught constitutional law might have picked that up somewhere.

I can't wait for you to tell me who, exactly, the Little Sisters Of The Poor are discriminating against?

"you suggesting Obama administration was as disfunction as Trumps current administration"

Nope, they were less dysfunctional. Incompetent and totalitarian, but less dysfunctional.

See? I can say something negative about my side, and positive about your side, when it's true. You might try it sometime.

Jim in CT
02-21-2018, 01:05 PM

I kept my doctor

"you do know the stimulus plan has contributed the economy doing well "

In what way? Where were all those shovel ready jobs we were promised? Obama promised it would keep unemployment under 8%, and it went over 10% (he was only off by a few million jobs, close enough, right?).

Here's Obama joking about what a flop the stimulus bill actually was, that there were no shovel ready jobs.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t&p=video+obama+laughing+not+as+many+shovel+ready+jo bs#id=2&vid=bfacece0da570871674e2801230f7e89&action=click

Ha ha ha! It's funny that he spent almost a trillion and got nothing.

wdmso
02-21-2018, 01:06 PM
None of the past Administration Dem or Rep none of the one can hold a candle

to the disfunction and inept leadership attached to Trumps presidency ...

And the faithful still cover for him

Hes not a politician

the media is not giving him a chance the FBI is corrupt the deep state BLA BLA BLA

But they will turn a blind eye to his lets just say Marital transgressions of $130,000 and $150,000

then say the issue with America is no god in schools and lack of morality ...

Its like the Far right response with the current shooting the Kids are paid Crisis actors and another false flag operation ... yet some American are in 100% agreement.. who do you think got their votes

Pete F.
02-21-2018, 01:18 PM
You are correct, Trump doesn’t lie. He presents alternative facts.
Now one of your favorite politicians said
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
Of course DPM didn’t know what Trumps reality was

wdmso
02-21-2018, 01:30 PM
If there is evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia, let's see it. As of this moment, there is none. (not talking about collusion was I )

Funny, during the campaign, when Trump said it was rigged,([COL Obama made fun of Trump for suggesting that American presidential elections could be influenced that way.( again your suggestion is not correct voter fraud would rob him of the election, and his encouragement of his supporters to monitor polling places — and not at all about Russian interference in the election.) But now that Trump won, I'm supposed to believe that our elections are vulnerable to foreign influence. ( another FBI denier )

"ALL YOU CAN DO IS MENTION OBAMA ??? WHY IS THAT "

It's not all I can do, it's one thing I do. In this case, I do it to point out your glaring hypocrisy. You said a captain should go down with the ship. I can make a long list of democrat leaders who presided over bad results, and I bet you never called for any of them to go down with the ship. ( again you cant stay on topic you are unable to look at the totality of Trumps administration indictments and failures to conduct normal governmental activities )

"TRUMP SOLD THE COUNTRY A BOOK OF LIES AND PEOPLE BOUGHT IT "

What lies did he sell that I bought, exactly? Can you name a couple? His biggest lie he said he was going to make America great again !!
America never stopped being great

"the sun is shining brightly on Trump and his administration"

Did you say the same thing about Hilary's handling of her emails? Or once again, do your ethical standards only apply to Republicans?( again you fail she was investigated and in the sunlight you just dont like the outcome Trumps dosnt have an out come but i will accept it will you?

The economy is roaring, unemployment is down (especially for blacks, which caused not one democrat to clap),you love speaking for Black america being down doesn't mean resolved ISIS is being pulverized. ISIS was getting pulverized from the start are you saying it took a republican to convince you it was happening

I dont hate Republican for being Republicans .

Jim in CT
02-21-2018, 01:43 PM
None of the past Administration Dem or Rep none of the one can hold a candle

to the disfunction and inept leadership attached to Trumps presidency ...

And the faithful still cover for him

Hes not a politician

the media is not giving him a chance the FBI is corrupt the deep state BLA BLA BLA

But they will turn a blind eye to his lets just say Marital transgressions of $130,000 and $150,000

then say the issue with America is no god in schools and lack of morality ...

Its like the Far right response with the current shooting the Kids are paid Crisis actors and another false flag operation ... yet some American are in 100% agreement.. who do you think got their votes

"None of the past Administration Dem or Rep none of the one can hold a candle

to the disfunction and inept leadership attached to Trumps presidency ..."

On that, I agree 100%.

"And the faithful still cover for him "

On that, I disagree. Many republicans constantly criticize him for all the things he does wrong.

"Hes not a politician"

I see that as an attribute.

"the media is not giving him a chance "

Reporters are getting fied for making stuff up. Everyone said he sided with the Nazis at Charlottesville, when what he said was that he condemns bigotry on all sides. If that's Nazi sympathy, I sure don't see it. They are barely covering the economy.

"Its like the Far right response with the current shooting the Kids are paid Crisis actors "

When tragedy happens, both sides sink to weaponizing the suffering of their victims to advance an agenda. The right does it when Muslims or illegal aliens kill, the left does it with school shootings.

See if you can follow me here...both sides do it, and it's equally disgusting when either side does it. You deny this?

Trump is calling for the banning of bump stocks, going completely against the solid conservative base. Will he get any credit for deviating with his party platform?

It won't put a big dent in shooting deaths, but I like the move. Let's see if anyone on the left says "wow, when was the last time a president went against his party and sided with the other party, for the good of the country?" He was also willing to work with Dems on DACA, which also angered conservatives.

You're right, he's no politician. He is willing to disagree with conservative orthodoxy when he thinks it's the right thing to do. When was the last time a POTUS did that on major policy?

Jim in CT
02-21-2018, 01:50 PM
I dont hate Republican for being Republicans .

"voter fraud would rob him of the election"

Nope, Trump wasn't worried about voter fraud, he was talking about media bias. Regardless of the specific type of interference Trump was complaining about, Obama said it wasn't possible to interfere with the outcome of a presidential election. My my, how things change.

"His biggest lie he said he was going to make America great again !!
America never stopped being great "

I happen to agree with you, but that's not a demonstrable lie, it's a difference of opinion.

Obama promised "hope and change", well when was America ever hopeless and always the same? You criticize Trump for a campaign slogan, but not Obama.

"again you fail she was investigated and in the sunlight you just dont like the outcome "

I asked you what you thought of what as revealed in the email investigation. You dodged.

"you love speaking for Black america being down doesn't mean resolved"

Who said 'resolved'? Black unemployment I slower than it was during any point in the Obama administration. You cannot acknowledge the beauty of that (though we still have work to do) because you are blinded by partisan hate. The dems who sat, all feel the same way. If Hilary had won and she used that same line, would they have still sat? Would you still say "big deal, it's not resolved'?

"ISIS was getting pulverized from the start are you saying it took a republican to convince you it was happening "

Nope, I give Obama credit for that. See? It's possible to honestly acknowledge the good things the other party does. You should try it sometime.

Now, can you tell me who the Little Sisters discriminate against, [please?

wdmso
02-21-2018, 01:59 PM
"you do know the stimulus plan has contributed the economy doing well "

In what way? Where were all those shovel ready jobs we were promised? Obama promised it would keep unemployment under 8%, and it went over 10% (he was only off by a few million jobs, close enough, right?).

Here's Obama joking about what a flop the stimulus bill actually was, that there were no shovel ready jobs.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t&p=video+obama+laughing+not+as+many+shovel+ready+jo bs#id=2&vid=bfacece0da570871674e2801230f7e89&action=click

Ha ha ha! It's funny that he spent almost a trillion and got nothing.

So are you suggesting it did nothing ? what were your expectations? or are you saying Obama lied.. not sure how you can suggest the country got nothing ? from start to finish of his administration ,, every one R or D hoped for more I am sure

C&P In all, the administration rescued the US economy and bequeathed a sound foundation for its successor to build on. But it made a big mistake: it did not go all out to punish those whose malfeasance and irresponsibility blew up the financial system and economy. This sense of injustice is one reason why the US has elected the wrecking crew that is about to take office. Mr Obama could not channel rage. Mr Trump, alas, can.

thanks for sharing a link that shows a POTUS admitting things didn't go as expected .. and how a partisan person attempted to use it again out of contex . show this to Trump so he may learn how to be honest

By itself, the stimulus bill saved or created an average of 1.6 million jobs a year for four years through the end of 2012,

More than 40,000 miles of roads and more than 2,700 bridges have been upgraded, nearly 700 drinking water systems serving more than 48 million people have been brought into compliance with federal clean water standards and high-speed Internet was introduced to about 20,000 community institutions.

Half of the total fiscal support for the economy, or about $689 billion, from the recovery act and subsequent measures was in the form of tax cuts directed mostly at families. The remainder was spent on such things as rebuilding roads and bridges, preventing teacher layoffs and providing temporary help for people who lost their jobs or needed other assistance because of the poor economy.

Jim in CT
02-21-2018, 03:10 PM
So are you suggesting it did nothing ? what were your expectations? or are you saying Obama lied.. not sure how you can suggest the country got nothing ? from start to finish of his administration ,, every one R or D hoped for more I am sure

C&P In all, the administration rescued the US economy and bequeathed a sound foundation for its successor to build on. But it made a big mistake: it did not go all out to punish those whose malfeasance and irresponsibility blew up the financial system and economy. This sense of injustice is one reason why the US has elected the wrecking crew that is about to take office. Mr Obama could not channel rage. Mr Trump, alas, can.

thanks for sharing a link that shows a POTUS admitting things didn't go as expected .. and how a partisan person attempted to use it again out of contex . show this to Trump so he may learn how to be honest

By itself, the stimulus bill saved or created an average of 1.6 million jobs a year for four years through the end of 2012,

More than 40,000 miles of roads and more than 2,700 bridges have been upgraded, nearly 700 drinking water systems serving more than 48 million people have been brought into compliance with federal clean water standards and high-speed Internet was introduced to about 20,000 community institutions.

Half of the total fiscal support for the economy, or about $689 billion, from the recovery act and subsequent measures was in the form of tax cuts directed mostly at families. The remainder was spent on such things as rebuilding roads and bridges, preventing teacher layoffs and providing temporary help for people who lost their jobs or needed other assistance because of the poor economy.

"So are you suggesting it did nothing ?"

I am suggesting it didn't do much, despite spending 750 billion.

"what were your expectations? "

My expectations were that it wouldn't do much, so it met my expectations. It fell far short of Obama's expectations.

"are you saying Obama lied"

No, I am suggesting he was catastrophically wrong. As usual.

The economy got a lot better during his term. Not much of that was because of his stimulus bill. More was because o flow interest rates and quantitative easing. I don't know a single person who personally benefitted form that stimulus. Almost all of us, are benefitting from the tax overhaul.

"thanks for sharing a link that shows a POTUS admitting things didn't go as expected "

He was laughing. He thought it was funny that the "shovel ready jobs promise" was a false promise. It took us $750 billion to learn that he didn't know what he was talking about.

"and how a partisan person attempted to use it again out of contex"

Oh, out of context again. All criticisms of Trump are in the proper context, all criticisms are taken out of context somehow.

He said that if we spent 750b, unemployment would stay below 8%. We spent the money, and unemployment shot up over 10%.

"Half of the total fiscal support for the economy, or about $689 billion, from the recovery act and subsequent measures was in the form of tax cuts directed mostly at families"

I don't know a single family who got a tax cut as a result of the Obama stimulus, never heard anyone make that claim. I guess you took it out of context.

wdmso
02-21-2018, 04:36 PM
back to the topic
After Election Day, Obama ordered the U.S. intelligence community to issue a public report about the Russian scheme. Once it had — and concluded Russia's attack was aimed at helping Trump and hurting Clinton — the United States imposed a slate of punitive measures against Moscow. In addition to imposing new sanctions, Washington also expelled a number of Russian diplomats and closed two Russian diplomatic compounds in Maryland and New York.

As of today no action by the Trump administration except Trump blaming others on twitter

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump
Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
More
Question: If all of the Russian meddling took place during the Obama Administration, right up to January 20th, why aren’t they the subject of the investigation? Why didn’t Obama do something about the meddling? Why aren’t Dem crimes under investigation? Ask Jeff Sessions!

In an exchange with a member of a Russian delegation, McMaster said "with the FBI indictment, the evidence is now incontrovertible" of Russia's cyber disruption and meddling.

Trump wasn't happy

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

General McMaster forgot to say that the results of the 2016 election were not impacted or changed by the Russians and that the only Collusion was between Russia and Crooked H, the DNC and the Dems. Remember the Dirty Dossier, Uranium, Speeches, Emails and the Podesta Company!

Got Stripers
02-21-2018, 05:43 PM
No I don't think POTUS has done much to deter Russian interference in past or for future elections, which I thought was the subject of this thread, before it went off track as usual. Russia loves Trump, Trump loves Russia and their money and while you can't ever possibly prove it influenced the results of the election; I suspect it probably helped him more than he wants to admit.

Game show politics, at times it wants to make me throw up in my mouth. I think yesterday or the day before I saw where he ended up in the voting (can't remember the organization) of all past presidents, but if he wasn't dead last; he was close to it. I was frankly surprise at high up Bill Clinton still was, GW and old Abraham still high on the list of course. I wish Trump would get off his fixation the with past and govern; do something that will last and make a difference. The apprentice mentality and the thin skinned approach is getting old.

Jim in CT
02-21-2018, 08:41 PM
I wish Trump would get off his fixation the with past and govern; do something that will last and make a difference. The apprentice mentality and the thin skinned approach is getting old.

He nominated Neal Gorsuch.

The economy is absolutely soaring, stocks up, unemployment down.

Tax reform is helping regular people.

ISIS is getting pummeled.

Trump defied conservative orthodoxy, and is asking for things like bump stocks to be banned. When was the last time a POTUS went against his party like that on a big ticket agenda item? I respect that move.

His personality is gross. I like his results.

spence
03-16-2018, 11:13 AM
In an exchange with a member of a Russian delegation, McMaster said "with the FBI indictment, the evidence is now incontrovertible" of Russia's cyber disruption and meddling.

Trump wasn't happy
And now it looks like McMaster is next on the chopping block.

I'm becoming increasingly concerned Trump is sick of people with any competency and is going to stuff the White House with yes men who will support a war so Trump can show the world how tough he is.

Pete F.
03-16-2018, 11:26 AM
Well he certainly is setting things up so Article 25 is highly improbable

wdmso
03-16-2018, 03:48 PM
Trump administration finally announces Russia sanctions over election meddling

the only person missing for this announcement was The POTUS himself

He has made no public statements against the Russians Verbally or via twitter

I guess you need to be an American or in his administration get attacked by Trump verbally or via twitter :kewl:

detbuch
03-16-2018, 04:06 PM
I guess you need to be an American or in his administration get attacked by Trump verbally or via twitter :kewl:

You do have an insatiable passion for guessing.

PaulS
03-16-2018, 05:35 PM
Trump administration finally announces Russia sanctions over election meddling

l:

The Trump White House is starting to remind me of the movie Being There and what would have happened if Peter Sellers was elected president.

wdmso
03-17-2018, 04:01 AM
You do have an insatiable passion for guessing.

So you have have seen Trump publicly admonish Russia or Putin on theses issues ? in any format

oh snap look another tweet
Andrew McCabe FIRED, a great day for the hard working men and women of the FBI - A great day for Democracy. Sanctimonious James Comey was his boss and made McCabe look like a choirboy. He knew all about the lies and corruption going on at the highest levels of the FBI!I would

I guess this didn't happen either

The White House has denied that Trump ever had an affair with Daniels.

President Donald Trump seek $20 million in damages...based on an agreement that he and Mr. Cohen claim Mr. Trump never was a party to and knew nothing about?

scottw
03-17-2018, 04:08 AM
I think Hillary fell down some stairs again....

detbuch
03-17-2018, 08:38 AM
So you have have seen Trump publicly admonish Russia or Putin on theses issues ? in any format

Andrew McCabe FIRED, a great day for the hard working men and women of the FBI - A great day for Democracy. Sanctimonious James Comey was his boss and made McCabe look like a choirboy. He knew all about the lies and corruption going on at the highest levels of the FBI!I would

I guess this didn't happen either

The White House has denied that Trump ever had an affair with Daniels.

President Donald Trump seek $20 million in damages...based on an agreement that he and Mr. Cohen claim Mr. Trump never was a party to and knew nothing about?

Keep on guessin'

JohnR
03-17-2018, 08:48 AM
They are all corrupt. Keep in mind that Trump, Hillary, Bernie et al. were just more corrupt and more powerful than the rest.

detbuch
03-17-2018, 09:16 AM
They are all corrupt. Keep in mind that Trump, Hillary, Bernie et al. were just more corrupt and more powerful than the rest.

"Power corrupts;" That's why we had better not give up our constitutional protections against unlimited government--because "absolute power corrupts absolutely."

spence
03-17-2018, 09:31 AM
Unless the inspector has something really bad on McCabe that hasn't been revealed this really looks ugly. Lifelong Republican, top career agent, key witness for an obstruction case. You do the math...

Funny thing is with this lawsuit Trump admitted he was the pseudonym on the non-disclosure.

spence
03-17-2018, 09:47 AM
I think that's a pretty negative view of a lot of people trying to do good things. Clinton may be a bad candidate and a little aloof but I think she has good intentions. Bernie isn't corrupt, just a little wacky.

Trump? Perhaps the most corrupt POTUS we've ever had.

I don't buy the everybody does it defense either...at least the GOP is a lot better at it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/17/us/politics/cambridge-analytica-trump-campaign.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

detbuch
03-17-2018, 10:01 AM
Unless the inspector has something really bad on McCabe that hasn't been revealed this really looks ugly. Lifelong Republican, top career agent, key witness for an obstruction case. You do the math...

More of your typical insinuation.

Funny thing is with this lawsuit Trump admitted he was the pseudonym on the non-disclosure.

Trump never tells the truth.

scottw
03-17-2018, 01:06 PM
Clinton may be a bad candidate and a little aloof but I think she has good intentions.

apparently you've fallen down some stairs recently too...

scottw
03-17-2018, 01:17 PM

"The odds are high that an indictment will be forthcoming for Andrew McCabe. As the ever alert Sundance of Conservative Treehouse points out, the statement on his firing by A.G. Sessions specifically noted that he "lacked candor" (the FBI's expression for lying) "under oath."

After an extensive and fair investigation and according to Department of Justice procedure, the Department's Office of the Inspector General (OIG) provided its report on allegations of misconduct by Andrew McCabe to the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR).

The FBI's OPR then reviewed the report and underlying documents and issued a disciplinary proposal recommending the dismissal of Mr. McCabe. Both the OIG and FBI OPR reports concluded that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor − including under oath − on multiple occasions."

detbuch
03-17-2018, 02:10 PM
"The odds are high that an indictment will be forthcoming for Andrew McCabe. As the ever alert Sundance of Conservative Treehouse points out, the statement on his firing by A.G. Sessions specifically noted that he "lacked candor" (the FBI's expression for lying) "under oath."

After an extensive and fair investigation and according to Department of Justice procedure, the Department's Office of the Inspector General (OIG) provided its report on allegations of misconduct by Andrew McCabe to the FBI's Office of Professional Responsibility (OPR).

The FBI's OPR then reviewed the report and underlying documents and issued a disciplinary proposal recommending the dismissal of Mr. McCabe. Both the OIG and FBI OPR reports concluded that Mr. McCabe had made an unauthorized disclosure to the news media and lacked candor − including under oath − on multiple occasions."

So the undermining of the FBI is being done by the FBI.

wdmso
03-17-2018, 10:06 PM
I think Hillary fell down some stairs again....

omg

scottw
03-18-2018, 05:22 AM
because...the alternative is still much ...much ...worse

The Dad Fisherman
03-18-2018, 11:25 AM
omg

It's just the flip side of 8 years of "Bush's Fault"

spence
03-18-2018, 12:54 PM
If they had evidence that he should be prosecuted why wouldn't they just indict him instead of firing him?

Sessions didn't have to fire him, he was just protecting his job and some argue he did it to keep the Muller investigation going.

scottw
03-18-2018, 12:59 PM
If they had evidence that he should be prosecuted why wouldn't they just indict him instead of firing him?

because first things first.... "The FBI's OPR then reviewed the report and underlying documents and issued a disciplinary proposal recommending the dismissal of Mr. McCabe. "

Sessions didn't have to fire him, he was just protecting his job and some argue he did it to keep the Muller investigation going.

that is you speculating...which...well....

zimmy
03-18-2018, 07:21 PM
It's just the flip side of 8 years of "Bush's Fault"

No it is not. Bad analogy. Bush was president and the impact of his policies were clearly in effect and are still being dealt with. It is the flip side of bringing up McCain every time someone brought up factual information about Obama. Oh, right... that didn't really happen.

wdmso
03-18-2018, 07:24 PM
Why does the Mueller team have 13 hardened Democrats, some big Crooked Hillary supporters, and Zero Republicans? Another Dem recently added...does anyone think this is fair? And yet, there is NO COLLUSION!

Shocking not really just another tweet log on the obstruction fire

scottw
03-18-2018, 07:31 PM
back to back incoherent posts...that's pretty good! :laugha:

The Dad Fisherman
03-18-2018, 07:53 PM
No it is not. Bad analogy. Bush was president and the impact of his policies were clearly in effect and are still being dealt with. It is the flip side of bringing up McCain every time someone brought up factual information about Obama. Oh, right... that didn't really happen.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/648476278409043968/5I6KnZGK_400x400.jpg

zimmy
03-18-2018, 08:34 PM
back to back incoherent posts...that's pretty good! :laugha:

Your inability to understand a post does not indicate the post was incoherent. :uhoh:

detbuch
03-18-2018, 10:17 PM
I don't buy the everybody does it defense either...at least the GOP is a lot better at it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/17/us/politics/cambridge-analytica-trump-campaign.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URxqKK28XJ4

scottw
03-19-2018, 06:14 AM
Your inability to understand a post does not indicate the post was incoherent. :uhoh:

"Libonics" :laugha:

wdmso
03-19-2018, 07:56 AM

he's been in drive by mode for a while .. and not up to speed on Trumps twitter feed..

wdmso
03-19-2018, 08:39 AM
these are the top comments from breitbart about Putins re election and we shouldn't be surprised why they do care Trump loves Putin

I do not care what the corrupt Western Media says. Putin is a good man whose country has embraced traditional morality and national pride. There are not many LGBT feminist, or abrasive minorities that plague Russia. Maybe we could learn something from them.

•Reply•Share ›
Nabukuduriuzhur superk 99 • 18 hours ago
Plus his no-tolerance for terrorism.

By contrast, the AP actively supports the Chechens, even after they slaughtered hundreds of school children and dozens of people in a theater, plus doing terrorist acts throughout Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and other nations.

•Reply•Share ›
ArgEntum Nabukuduriuzhur • 16 hours ago
Russia used to arrest and sentence to prison ISIS fighters returning from Middle East
Russia does not accept any Muslim invaders masquerading as refugees

•Reply•Share ›
ricocat1 ArgEntum • 13 hours ago
Vladimir Putin is fighting for Russia just as Donald Trump is fighting for the United States. Neither one is a wimpy Muslim-appeasing globalist.

•Reply•Share ›

spence
03-19-2018, 08:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URxqKK28XJ4
26 min? What did he say???

detbuch
03-19-2018, 09:33 AM
26 min? What did he say???

I wondered what point your NY Times/Guardian article was trying to make.

Lionel's style can be torturous, but hundreds of thousands of people don't have trouble understanding what he says. The last couple of minutes in the video wraps it up pretty clearly. The Cambridge Analytica stuff is nothing.

Got Stripers
03-19-2018, 09:54 AM
I agree with one of his closing statements, that data and information and the social media are the new weapons and guess what; Putin figured that one out years ago. That is why to me it's a bits disappointing that we seem to be playing catch-up, while Putin is relentless in seeing how deeply he can get into our vulnerable utilities, or how much he can mess with us in any way to cause unrest.

The Russian investigation has merit based on the fact that a percentage of the voting public are voting based on some level of influence Russian bots might have had on their perception of facts, truth and real positions of the candidates. Whether there was collusion or not, we are involved in a dangerous cyber war across the globe and we better get smart and harden our defenses.

spence
03-19-2018, 01:49 PM
The Cambridge Analytica stuff is nothing.
I see, so the Trump campaign using stolen data in a social media scheme (via a company with ties to Russia and Ukraine) to influence the election is "nothing."

detbuch
03-19-2018, 02:16 PM
I see, so the Trump campaign using stolen data in a social media scheme (via a company with ties to Russia and Ukraine) to influence the election is "nothing."

Was the information "stolen"? Did Facebook adequately protect the info? Did the Trump campaign steal anything? The rising hubbub seems to be aimed at Facebook for careless handling of info. Was anything that was done illegal? Is this something actually new?

Lionel is an experienced trial lawyer. He said it was not illegal. Check with him.

spence
03-19-2018, 02:47 PM
Was the information "stolen"? Did Facebook adequately protect the info? Did the Trump campaign steal anything? The rising hubbub seems to be aimed at Facebook for careless handling of info. Was anything that was done illegal? Is this something actually new?
Yes, some 50 million users were misled into giving up personal information and then the firm subsequently lied repeatedly about it. The effort was led by Steve Bannon who became Trump's chief strategist.

Muller has requested all correspondence.

Another piece of the puzzle.

Jim in CT
03-19-2018, 02:48 PM
This is a lot of energy dedicated to a country which Obama said stopped being a foreign policy concern, about the time that 'Miami Vice' went off the air.

detbuch
03-19-2018, 03:06 PM
Yes, some 50 million users were misled into giving up personal information and then the firm subsequently lied repeatedly about it. The effort was led by Steve Bannon who became Trump's chief strategist.

Muller has requested all correspondence.

That's a good one. Misleading and lying are crimes. Whos left in politics that is not a criminal?

scottw
03-19-2018, 03:30 PM
Yes, some 50 million users were misled into giving up personal information

A former Obama campaign official is claiming that Facebook knowingly allowed them to mine massive amounts of Facebook data — more than they would’ve allowed someone else to do — because they were supportive of the campaign.

In a Sunday tweet thread, Carol Davidsen, former director of integration and media analytics for Obama for America, said the 2012 campaign led Facebook to “suck out the whole social graph” and target potential voters.

detbuch
03-19-2018, 04:17 PM
A former Obama campaign official is claiming that Facebook knowingly allowed them to mine massive amounts of Facebook data — more than they would’ve allowed someone else to do — because they were supportive of the campaign.

In a Sunday tweet thread, Carol Davidsen, former director of integration and media analytics for Obama for America, said the 2012 campaign led Facebook to “suck out the whole social graph” and target potential voters.

The Daily Caller: "If Davidsen’s accusation is indeed true, it could prove a serious problem for Facebook. In the case of the Trump campaign, Facebook’s allowance for the misuse of its data was an accidental oversight; as far as the Obama campaign goes, it appears that it was completely intentional."

It appears that no laws were broken in either case, but that Facebook is the entity that has the problem of not properly securing its customer's data.

spence
03-19-2018, 04:18 PM

Sounds like the Obama campaign was using available methods at the time while the firm Trump employed tricked users into providing information by claiming it was for research.

Not the same.

detbuch
03-19-2018, 04:32 PM
Sounds like the Obama campaign was using available methods at the time while the firm Trump employed tricked users into providing information by claiming it was for research.

Not the same.

No, it's not the same. Facebook willingly allowed the data mining of its users by the Obama administration. Not sure why that is ethical or not misleading. It sounds like Facebook allowed itself to be politicized, in spite of its unbiased face to the public. Kinda tricky, dontcha think?

If Cambridge Analytica used trickery, BECAUSE IT WAS NOT ALLOWED ACCESS AS WAS O's ADMIN., then trickery was necessary in order to have the same access. And trickery is not a crime.

But I get it. If you prefer the goose to the gander, then it's OK if the goose does it.

scottw
03-19-2018, 04:38 PM
No, it's not the same. Facebook willingly allowed the data mining of its users by the Obama administration. Not sure why that is ethical or not misleading. It sounds like Facebook allowed itself to be politicized, in spite of its unbiased face to the public. Kinda tricky, dontcha think?

If Cambridge Analytica used trickery, BECAUSE IT WAS NOT ALLOWED ACCESS AS WAS O's ADMIN., then trickery was necessary in order to have the same access. And trickery is not a crime.

But I get it. If you prefer the goose to the gander, then it's OK if the goose does it.

actually...according to the article Facebook was tricked into providing the info but didn't complain because they were supporting the Chosen One

Spence thinks Obama is a World Class Golfer too....

spence
03-19-2018, 04:50 PM

Data mining of users is part of the platform. It's how FB makes money. Their privacy policies also evolve and what was allowed under Obama wasn't the same as what was allowed just prior to Trump, via Steve Bannon when the data was collected.

The accusation being reported here is that the firm, established with right wing money used a sham research app to collect user data without notifying said users it was for political purposes.

FB certainly has some questions to answer but so does CA, Bannon and the Trump Campaign. Mr. Mueller is asking.

scottw
03-19-2018, 05:11 PM
I thought it was interesting that the Obama campaign was actually the first to pay Fusion GPS through the same law firm that the Hillary campaign used to pay them to dig dirt and smear Romney...seem the pure and fabulous Obama was actually setting all sorts of standards for sneaky and bad behavior...

scottw
03-19-2018, 05:15 PM
1st Commandment in Spenceworld

if Democrats do it it's brilliant strategy....if Republicans do it it's criminal and probably treasonous.....

makes most of what he writes make sense...

spence
03-19-2018, 07:49 PM
http://thehill.com/policy/technology/379152-trumps-campaign-data-firm-filmed-saying-they-use-bribes-and-sex-workers-to

Really?

Pete F.
03-19-2018, 08:04 PM
Now we have gone from but Hillary to but Obama
Now DiGenova is going to claim it is all a plot to discredit the very credible Donald Trump.
Character is Destiny

detbuch
03-19-2018, 08:36 PM
Data mining of users is part of the platform. It's how FB makes money. Their privacy policies also evolve and what was allowed under Obama wasn't the same as what was allowed just prior to Trump, via Steve Bannon when the data was collected.

The accusation being reported here is that the firm, established with right wing money used a sham research app to collect user data without notifying said users it was for political purposes.

FB certainly has some questions to answer but so does CA, Bannon and the Trump Campaign. Mr. Mueller is asking.

What was illegal?

detbuch
03-19-2018, 08:38 PM
Now we have gone from but Hillary to but Obama
Now DiGenova is going to claim it is all a plot to discredit the very credible Donald Trump.
Character is Destiny

Is this some sort of free verse poem?

spence
03-20-2018, 11:33 AM
What was illegal?

They must be looking for jelly beans.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-k-seeks-search-warrant-for-cambridge-analytica-after-facebook-data-scandal-1521545870?mod=e2fb

U.K. officials are seeking a warrant to search the offices and computer systems of Cambridge Analytica, a political-data firm accused of illicitly harvesting and stockpiling data on millions of Facebook Inc. users.

The U.K.’s investigation—which could lead to criminal charges and fines—underscores the high stakes for Facebook, which has become one of the world’s largest companies by gathering data on individuals and using it to target advertising.

detbuch
03-20-2018, 12:17 PM
They must be looking for jelly beans.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-k-seeks-search-warrant-for-cambridge-analytica-after-facebook-data-scandal-1521545870?mod=e2fb

Sounds like they're looking for a crime. What was illegal. And who was the criminal?

Pete F.
03-20-2018, 02:17 PM
He went on to describe how political candidates are manipulated.

“They don’t understand because the candidate never, is never involved. He’s told what to do by the campaign team.” The reporter asks if that means the candidate is just a puppet, and Nix replies simply: “Always.”
I wouldn’t let this worry me

detbuch
03-20-2018, 02:19 PM
He went on to describe how political candidates are manipulated.

“They don’t understand because the candidate never, is never involved. He’s told what to do by the campaign team.” The reporter asks if that means the candidate is just a puppet, and Nix replies simply: “Always.”
I wouldn’t let this worry me

So Obama and Trump were just puppets who didn't know what was going on?

spence
03-20-2018, 02:24 PM
His comment was about Nix so why are you conflating Obama and Trump. That's quite slimy and pretty dishonest.

Pete F.
03-20-2018, 02:24 PM

Nix claims that for Trump
I didn’t realize he was involved in the Obama campaign, is that what you are insinuating?

spence
03-21-2018, 11:12 AM
More WOW

The Washington Post first reported Tuesday that Trump congratulated Putin despite warnings from multiple national security advisers and briefing materials that said "DO NOT CONGRATULATE." The White House declined to officially comment to CNN on the matter, with an official adding that they "cannot comment on alleged classified deliberative documents allegedly provided to the President."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/21/politics/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-congratulations/index.html

scottw
03-21-2018, 11:15 AM
More WOW

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/21/politics/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-congratulations/index.html

didn't Obama congratulate Putin?...never mind...I'm sure that was completely different

Got Stripers
03-21-2018, 11:20 AM
It doesn't matter if it was leaked , but it confirms what so many are reporting, that he doesn't take advice from anyone; he has no clue why congratulating Putin was so wrong. He felt it was important to do so, because the broomance is more important in his mind, than showing Putin we in America know that election was a big farce.

spence
03-21-2018, 11:29 AM
didn't Obama congratulate Putin?...never mind...I'm sure that was completely different
Yes it was.

Slipknot
03-21-2018, 12:24 PM

Don't forget when Obama congratulated the Islamic brotherhood candidate when winning Egypts' Presidential election in 2012, in 2013 the winner in Iran and 2014 in Turkey.

Same difference

Maybe people did not like that and kept quiet, then spoke with their votes. But I am sure there was a lot more to it as well all know better. :deadhorse:

Pete F.
03-21-2018, 01:35 PM
I would think that Russia has been more of a “Bad actor” since 2012
Ukraine
Syria
Britain
I’m sure Tom Cotton has a list

JohnR
03-21-2018, 02:37 PM
I would think that Russia has been more of a “Bad actor” since 2012
Ukraine
Syria
Britain
I’m sure Tom Cotton has a list

Disagree - other than a few years from 1992-2006 they have been pretty much the same for a few hundred years.

Pete F.
03-21-2018, 03:10 PM
Disagree - other than a few years from 1992-2006 they have been pretty much the same for a few hundred years.
i would disagree with that.
Russia under Gorbachev was on a path to reform, growth and freedom. He realized that you cannot just change a government from state run to capitalism and democracy easily. He lost out to the nationalists just like is happening here.

JohnR
03-21-2018, 03:13 PM
i would disagree with that.
Russia under Gorbachev was on a path to reform, growth and freedom. He realized that you cannot just change a government from state run to capitalism and democracy easily. He lost out to the nationalists just like is happening here.

Haha - I can at least agree with the Gorby part - so 1985-2006 ; )

wdmso
03-21-2018, 03:59 PM

@realDonaldTrump
I called President Putin of Russia to congratulate him on his election victory (in past, Obama called him also). The Fake News Media is crazed because they wanted me to excoriate him. They are wrong! Getting along with Russia (and others) is a good thing, not a bad thing..

@realDonaldTrump
More
.....They can help solve problems with North Korea, Syria, Ukraine, ISIS, Iran and even the coming Arms Race. Bush tried to get along, but didn’t have the “smarts.” Obama and Clinton tried, but didn’t have the energy or chemistry (remember RESET). PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH!

I guess he still hasn't accepted they attacked us had agents on the Ground used nerve agent on our longest allied ... and his and his supporters defense is Obama did it LOL

if Obama would have called Putin under the exact circumstances your heads would have exploded ..

even fox wasn't supporting him http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/21/trump-explains-why-congratulated-putin-for-election-win-says-other-presidents-lacked-chemistry-with-russian-leader.html

on breitbart same topic their lead

deep-state-officials-leak-dissent-president-donald-trump-congratulates-putin/

detbuch
03-21-2018, 04:26 PM
His comment was about Nix so why are you conflating Obama and Trump. That's quite slimy and pretty dishonest.

Different.

PaulS
03-21-2018, 05:44 PM
I blame this whole uproar about Trump having notes saying don't congratulate Putin on the stupid aide who wrote the note. That aide should be fired. They should have just wrote it on his hand in marker like Palin did.

zimmy
03-21-2018, 10:11 PM
Don't forget when Obama congratulated the Islamic brotherhood candidate when winning Egypts' Presidential election in 2012, in 2013 the winner in Iran and 2014 in Turkey.

Same difference

Maybe people did not like that and kept quiet, then spoke with their votes. But I am sure there was a lot more to it as well all know better. :deadhorse:

Morsi won the first democratic election ever in Egypt. He promoted democracy. Obama congratulated him on what was widely consider a fair and legitimate democratic election.The party does have Muslim in the name which scares people, but they are more of a problem to Sunnis than they are for the US. I know he got tossed, but before that Tillerson made it clear that the brotherhood did not deserve to be lumped in with terrorist organizations.

Rouhani is a reformist. The Ayatollah s probably like him less than the us.

JohnR
03-22-2018, 06:23 AM
Morsi won the first democratic election ever in Egypt. He promoted democracy. Obama congratulated him on what was widely consider a fair and legitimate democratic election.The party does have Muslim in the name which scares people, but they are more of a problem to Sunnis than they are for the US. I know he got tossed, but before that Tillerson made it clear that the brotherhood did not deserve to be lumped in with terrorist organizations.

Rouhani is a reformist. The Ayatollah s probably like him less than the us.

Muslim Brotherhood is not more of a problem for Sunnis - well other than they tend to be Sunni and make Sunnis do dumb things. They are pretty much a threat to most people as well as a brake on progress in the region.

Sure they are not all bad guys like they are good people and bad people in Hamas, not everyone in Sinn Fein was an IRA terrorist Bomber, and Hamas has a few Girl Scouts too.

Where do you get your info??

Iran, Ayotollah, like US, really?

scottw
03-22-2018, 06:34 AM

"Left wing extremism has been pretty unusual post Vietnam era."ZIMMY:spin:

The Dad Fisherman
03-22-2018, 06:46 AM
:hihi:

Pete F.
03-22-2018, 06:51 AM

Still has a ways to go to catch up with the right
https://www.npr.org/2017/06/16/533255619/fact-check-is-left-wing-violence-rising

JohnR
03-22-2018, 07:39 AM
Still has a ways to go to catch up with the right
https://www.npr.org/2017/06/16/533255619/fact-check-is-left-wing-violence-rising

Again, neither is acceptable. Full Stop.

scottw
03-22-2018, 08:03 AM
I looked at the data that the article is using and zim cites and apparently left wing extremism and violence doesn't even exist.....sooo...yeah...that works...

Pete F.
03-22-2018, 08:26 AM
I looked at the data that the article is using and zim cites and apparently left wing extremism and violence doesn't even exist.....sooo...yeah...that works...
Then you didn't read it, or are making the assumption that moderate extremists are responsible for 26%
"In the past 10 years when you look at murders committed by domestic extremists in the United States of all types, right-wing extremists are responsible for about 74 percent of those murders," Pitcavage says.

scottw
03-22-2018, 08:36 AM
Then you didn't read it, or are making the assumption that moderate extremists are responsible for 26%
"In the past 10 years when you look at murders committed by domestic extremists in the United States of all types, right-wing extremists are responsible for about 74 percent of those murders," Pitcavage says.

"moderate extremists"

that's a good one :kewl:

zimmy
03-22-2018, 08:38 AM
Muslim Brotherhood is not more of a problem for Sunnis - well other than they tend to be Sunni and make Sunnis do dumb things. They are pretty much a threat to most people as well as a brake on progress in the region.

Sure they are not all bad guys like they are good people and bad people in Hamas, not everyone in Sinn Fein was an IRA terrorist Bomber, and Hamas has a few Girl Scouts too.

Iran, Ayotollah, like US, really?

Typing on a phone at 11 pm didn't help. MB mostly a problem for the Shiites. At the time of morsi's election, it was a move toward Western democracy, ya know, the thing bush said would sweep the middle East.
Rohani is a reformist. Ayatollahs tend to be way more conservative and fundamentalist. The US would prefer Iran move the direction rohani would take Iran than the ayatollahs.

zimmy
03-22-2018, 08:46 AM

You must be 5'6" tall max, right? It comes across in your posts.

scottw
03-22-2018, 09:04 AM
You must be 5'6" tall max, right? It comes across in your posts.

5'11" 180lb.... what's your point? :huh: is this more Libonics?

The Dad Fisherman
03-22-2018, 09:26 AM
Ayatollahs tend to be way more conservative and fundamentalist.

Ya Think :rolleyes:

scottw
03-22-2018, 09:45 AM

you must be 5'2" tall max...

zimmy
03-22-2018, 09:50 AM
5'11" 180lb.... what's your point? :huh: is this more Libonics?
You just act like someone with a complex. :humpty:

zimmy
03-22-2018, 09:52 AM

More conservative and fundamentalist than Rohani, who is the president :whackin:

scottw
03-22-2018, 09:58 AM
You just act like someone with a complex. :humpty:

it's possible :laugha:

The Dad Fisherman
03-22-2018, 10:15 AM
you must be 5'2" tall max...

5'11" 225

But I'm Irish, so I guess I need to buy an expensive car or a big truck.

detbuch
03-22-2018, 10:39 AM
Nix claims that for Trump
I didn’t realize he was involved in the Obama campaign, is that what you are insinuating?

I was using a bit of dark sarc in response to your insinuating that we should worry about Trump being a puppet: "The reporter asks if that means the candidate [Trump] is just a puppet, and Nix replies simply: 'Always.'" And you say: "I wouldn’t let this worry me"

My comparison of Obama with Trump being puppets, was, for me, ironic. It has nothing to do with Nix or the data mining from Face Book. Nor did I understand your "worry" to be limited to the Nix business, but about Trump's whole Presidency.

The whole Face Book scandal is being manufactured to somehow hurt Trump. We're supposed to believe that because Obama was allowed and aided by Face Book "rules," and Specifically so by Zuckerberg who opened the door and spread the welcome carpet, to mine, that was all OK. But because some supposed new rules just before Trump's team did it, and may have been instituted to tighten up access to Face Book data, that it was more immoral for Trump's team to do it. And we're also supposed to believe, by some innuendo (again) that there is Russian "collusion" also in the mix with Trump.

My sardonic comparison was inspired not because of the Facebook stuff, but because I always considered Obama to be a puppet.

Always so from the moment he became the Democrat candidate until he finished his term. I think he is a puppet of the Progressive party and its complicit media. He was an extremely useful tool as a racial groundbreaker in the history of the presidency. He is supposedly a good orator. And, as Biden said, "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy, I mean, that's a storybook, man." Other than that, what did he have? What exceptional experience, what accomplishments? Not to mention his known, but not highlighted by the complicit media, deep ties to leftist Marxist friends and family.

And if both Obama and Trump are puppets, I consider Obama more so.

But if Trump is a puppet, who's pulling the strings?

scottw
03-22-2018, 11:00 AM
5'11" 225

now THAT sounds like a complex...:tooth:

zimmy
03-22-2018, 11:07 AM
5'11" 225

You could just hang a pair of those rubber neuticles from your Malibu. :shocked:

Pete F.
03-22-2018, 11:57 AM

If you go by his tweets, FOX
By his behavior, perhaps he's channeling Suleiman 1 the Magnificent
By his politics, I would definitely say it is "paradoxical thinking"

detbuch
03-22-2018, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by detbuch:

If you go by his tweets, FOX
By his behavior, perhaps he's channeling Suleiman 1 the Magnificent
By his politics, I would definitely say it is "paradoxical thinking"

a) By HIS behavior means that he's pulling his own strings--not a puppet.
b) By HIS politics (not someone else's politics)--not a puppet.
c) By Fox News--in conjunction with a and b indicates that he and Fox News have similar views.

So a,b, and c indicate that Trump is pulling his own strings--not a puppet.

Pete F.
03-22-2018, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by detbuch:

a) By HIS behavior means that he's pulling his own strings--not a puppet.
b) By HIS politics (not someone else's politics)--not a puppet.
c) By Fox News--in conjunction with a and b indicates that he and Fox News have similar views.

So a,b, and c indicate that Trump is pulling his own strings--not a puppet.
Perhaps i should have written Don Miguel de Manara for his behavior

detbuch
03-22-2018, 01:51 PM
Perhaps i should have written Don Miguel de Manara for his behavior

The way The Donald is characterized would make the Don a piker.

Pete F.
03-22-2018, 02:11 PM
The way The Donald is characterized would make the Don a piker.

Now that I could agree with:as: