View Full Version : The Terror

bloocrab
04-11-2018, 10:55 PM
Interesting AMC series......a bit difficult understanding what they're saying sometimes (Thank goodness for that rewind feature), but I'm gonna hang tight for another episode or two, see where it goes

Interesting to see how it must have been back then when ships were actually trying to cross those waters and got frozen solid...hard times for sure

PRBuzz
04-12-2018, 07:07 AM
I an watching and finding the movement of the show very slow.....the "monster" keeps me going and will continue to watch.

bloocrab
04-12-2018, 07:55 AM
Quite the graphic lashing that young mate received...although he accomplished what the captain would have wanted, apparently he did so without order....(abandoned post, disrespectful toward the woman???)

Not sure why he was so hard on that one guy? Because he led the others? Still a bit harsh...especially when you're losing men to a "monster" right outside your ship...

??? See what happens next I guess ???

The Dad Fisherman
04-12-2018, 08:30 AM
It is slow paced, but I am enjoying it so far. Still have to catch up on this weeks episode.

bloocrab
04-12-2018, 09:23 AM
...Still have to catch up on this weeks episode....

ooops....I'll try to be a little more discreet next time

The Dad Fisherman
04-12-2018, 09:57 AM
No problem.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso
04-24-2018, 03:41 AM
Interesting AMC series......a bit difficult understanding what they're saying sometimes (Thank goodness for that rewind feature), but I'm gonna hang tight for another episode or two, see where it goes

Interesting to see how it must have been back then when ships were actually trying to cross those waters and got frozen solid...hard times for sure

I have gone to closed captions for some english shows like peaky blinders just easier (great series on Netflix) or the Alienist was on TNT on demand now

bloocrab
04-29-2018, 03:03 PM
... I have gone to closed captions ...

Funny you mention that Wayne, a friend also suggested that recently....I actually went back and watched the last 3 episodes in CC mode. Definitely helpful....also used it while watching McMafia....another show worth watching IMO....when I first saw it advertised, I had my doubts...but it's pretty good for regular t.v...

I also checked out Siren, but it's a little too "Disney-ish"....

The Dad Fisherman
04-29-2018, 05:47 PM
Being raised on a steady diet of Monty Python and Benny Hill, I have no problem understanding "English" :hee:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

bloocrab
05-11-2018, 05:48 PM
I'm still diggin' it.......although I kind of wish it wasn't a fictional monster and more of a rabid polar bear....who knows, maybe it is?