View Full Version : scumb & rust stain

missing link
08-22-2003, 08:48 PM
OK does anyone know an home made solution to get rid of these nasty stains . I'm tired of paying west marine/4 a jug that last's a week or 2 . I've searched the web but no luck can anyone help?
:confused:

macojoe
08-23-2003, 10:22 AM
I wish I had a answer? But I don't wash my boat, It takes the luck away!!
Really I have a friend that has had the same problem. What you got to do is wash the boat, and remove all stains. After that you got to get a good boat wax and 3 or 4 coats of the wax. It is a real pain in the A$$ He went and bought a buffer to help.
The boat just washes off nice after each trip now. But you need to clean as soon as you get home as to not let the salt grab hold.
He even wax's the stainless rails as they will get crapy also.

Its alot of work to keep a boat new!! Thats why I own a 28 year old boat. Fish sleep fish sleep and about once a month I bleach the hole thing down and start again.

Happy buffing!!

fishaholic18
08-23-2003, 11:33 AM
ML, I used to drive myself nuts trying to get all the stains off.....It's impossible if you use your boat..I wash mine after each trip with Mean Green (better than Simple Green} the only place I've seen it 4 sale is at the boat show. I get a case every year. Then once in a while I'll bleach the whole boat down. It still looks good after 4 years of hard use.

macojoe
08-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Belive it or not they sell a hole line of Mean Green stuff at Family Dollar stores.
They have Orange clean, Mildew cleaner (wich I use all the time in the boat!! It kills the mildew that grows on the seats and bleaches everthing.) Also grease lighting cleaner. It is all good stuff!!

NEXT2NUN
08-23-2003, 01:11 PM
ML I use comet and some elbow grease. My skiff gets real messy from lobstering I got a long handle stiff brush at Bennys for 4$ sprinkle alot of comet and scrub, looks like new when done.