View Full Version : good action in buzzards bay

Jim in CT
05-28-2018, 07:14 PM
Thanks to learning about this fishery on this site, for the second year in a row, I took my son out for sea bass at of Mattapoisett. For the second year in a row, it was freezing with grey skies and blustery conditions (yesterday, Sunday).

But we did well, limited out on sea bass, released god knows how many scup, one tog, few sea robins.

Captain Rich Antonino of Black Rose charters, great guy. All sea bass caught on ultra light spinning rods with jigs, in 30 feet of water. Hope we do this every year.

Would never have found this fishery if not for this site, thanks guys. Here's two of at least 10 double headers he had.

Sea Dangles
05-28-2018, 09:00 PM
Great smile!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT
05-28-2018, 09:16 PM
Great smile!

24 hours later, he still has that smile on his face. This wonderful pastime which is a calling and a passion for so many of us.

We went to a farm stand and got some fresh lettuce and tomatoes, and made some blackened fish sandwiches, then made 3 gallons of chowder. He had chowder dribbling down his chin all day today. Brought a gallon to his grandparents, made him proud to watch them wolf it down.

If i could just see into the future, and know that we'll still enjoy outings like this, that's enough, that's all I need to sleep like a baby.

Guppy
05-29-2018, 02:25 AM
Made my day, thanks

wdmso
05-29-2018, 03:31 AM
Glad you guys had a great day

bassballer
05-29-2018, 07:57 AM
really wish this season was open in RI right now. B.S

hq2
05-29-2018, 01:49 PM
Yeah, we were out there by Jim yesterday, caught almost the exact same thing.
Never seen the sea bass flying out of the water like that before; caught more than 30 between the 3 of us, limited in a little more than an hour. Also tried for
stripers on the east end of the canal too; a gazillion people on shore, one or
two catching. We trolled sluggos and T&W, livelined scup, tried those green sandeel lures, no luck. A little cold and windy, but a good day OTW.

Jim in CT
05-29-2018, 01:54 PM
Yeah, we were out there by Jim yesterday, caught almost the exact same thing.
Never seen the sea bass flying out of the water like that before; caught more than 30 between the 3 of us, limited in a little more than an hour. Also tried for
stripers on the east end of the canal too; a gazillion people on shore, one or
two catching. We trolled sluggos and T&W, livelined scup, tried those green sandeel lures, no luck. A little cold and windy, but a good day OTW.

Our captain said that the day before we were out there, the sea bass were busting bait on top. Unreal.

tysdad115
05-29-2018, 02:05 PM
Our captain said that the day before we were out there, the sea bass were busting bait on top. Unreal.

We saw an incredible amount of birds smashing the water yesterday on the way back in. Stopped for a quick 2 hours of sea bass on topwater fun. I'd have thought it was birds hitting sand eels on the bank but it was all sea bass. Great day for sure.

Guppy
05-29-2018, 03:37 PM
Ditto today

Sea Dangles
05-29-2018, 10:29 PM
Youz guys are savages