View Full Version : Annual request for Cape Cod suggestions for family

Jim in CT
06-20-2018, 02:03 PM
Once again, I'm taking the family camping in Eastham for 9 days. Me, my wife, 3 boys (ages 11, 8, 7).

Any suggestions for not-to miss things to do? Restaurants to visit?

Our routine usually consists of:

day or two of fishing
day on a lobster boat (he's going top have my 11 year old pull 50 pots this year, that will be cool)
Orleans baseball game
mini golf
riding bikes on the trail
beach obviously
head to Chatham fish pier to watch boats unload, watch the seals

Restaurants:
Arnolds
Moby #^&#^&#^&#^&s
the bbq joint right on route 6 in Wellfleet (place is insane)
Savory in Truro (place is insane)
breakfast sandwiches at Nauset Market (place is insane)

anything else?

RIROCKHOUND
06-20-2018, 04:36 PM
P-Town is always interesting. The tower gives good views if the weather is clear. The dunes are fun too if it isn't too hot.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Hookedagain
06-20-2018, 07:07 PM
I will be down there this weekend. My son has a baseball tournament at Nauset High School. I plan on some beach fishing with the boy. Is there usually a problem parking to go fishing? Is it better on the bay side or the ocean side? I will definitely will hit some of those places to eat.

Ed B
06-21-2018, 09:21 AM
Take a hike Jim. Seriously.

https://www.nps.gov/caco/planyourvisit/guide-to-trails.htm

I've gone to most of these. My favorite is the really cool Atlantic White Cedar Swamp Trail at Marconi in Wellfleet. I've recommended this to others and they really liked it. I think your boys would get a kick out of it. Going down into a swamp walking around on a boardwalk though the cedars. There's an educational aspect to these places as well if that makes a difference, and it's free. I don't think they charge beach parking here.

Sea Dangles
06-21-2018, 12:05 PM
An evening in Chatham. Start at the Squire and walk up to a baseball game. Americana at its finest.

fishbones
06-21-2018, 04:33 PM
An evening in Chatham. Start at the Squire and walk up to a baseball game. Americana at its finest.

Love the Squire. Great vibe and good food.

Guppy
06-21-2018, 05:25 PM
Love the Squire. Great vibe and good food.

Oh yeah! Had liquid lunch there couple weeks ago after plugging oyst. River.....

Rappin Mikey
06-22-2018, 05:47 AM
Fish with a Bomba. I'll be out there with my family form tomorrow until 7/5. Do you have a kayak?

Jim in CT
06-22-2018, 07:12 AM
Fish with a Bomba. I'll be out there with my family form tomorrow until 7/5. Do you have a kayak?

No, I don't have a kayak, this isn't a trip where I can sneak off and do a lot of fishing, I'm looking more for things that the 5 of us can do together.

I do have 2 charter trips booked for me and my 11 year-old, one for fishing one for lobstering.

Good luck!

OLD GOAT
06-22-2018, 01:59 PM
Monomoy wildlife refuge .free.
Baseball game chatham. free.
swimming at Oyster pond beach .free
Friday night band concert ,Chatham with kiddie dancing. free

Poncho
06-22-2018, 05:33 PM
Eat bacon jam from winslows tavern in welfleet game changer. They sell it at counter but I highly recommend the bacon jam caprese salad

clambo
06-23-2018, 06:22 PM
when u go to Chatham fish pier head to chatham light go past light, keep going straight, there is a museum out there.Go to left of museum property at rear see stairs follow to water. Scargo tower in Dennis has a great view, back in the day was 360 but the damm trees grew wow am I old. Youngs fish market in rock harbor for lobster rolls also rock harbor for sunset if there is a wind, if no wind sand fleas will feast on you.On ocean side there are two bays on rte 28, right after Chatham sign see dirt road on left shallow area to swim (free) blow up park in Yarmouth I think all types of blow up water slides for kids. have fun Clambo

capecodder
07-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Whale Watch from PTown on the Dolphin Fleet.