View Full Version : weekend report ?

RIJIMMY
08-25-2003, 08:09 AM
Hello everyone, I enjoy seeing everyone's plans on Friday and the results on Monday. I took this weekend off from fish but...I was snacking on clam cakes at Aunt Carries and I saw birds working over the rushes behind the Bon Vue. I ran back there and saw a big school of blues (I'm assuming due to the splashes) slaughtering the bait. It was a nice blitz. Too far from shore to cast. A few guys in kayaks were out there but I think they were just following the scholl, not fishing. The wind was offshore, if it turned around, it may have pushed them closer.
Any have any luck from the shore??

JohnR
08-25-2003, 08:46 AM
I kept a low-mid 20's bass Friday night, dropped a bigger one in the rocks and had a smaller one go too. A few more hits... Plus WeeWee got into some too.... We were fishing Watch Hill (not :laughs: )

B-assman
08-25-2003, 09:14 AM
http://www.nichenet.com/images/skunked.gif

Fished the outgoing sat morn at beavertail and then brenton point. Tried live eels - then trolled various lures including a never been skunked before umbrella rig - not a nibble. Im baffled - marked hundreds of fish on the fishfinder - right where they were supposed to be - only thing i can think of is maybe the fish are only eating menhaden these days and are turning their noses up at eels - hard to believe but I can't think of why else they'd avoid our eels.... Heck i would even have welcomed a blue by the end.

striperjerk1
08-25-2003, 09:22 AM
went out sat. morn down at the charlestown breach, bait evrywhere but nothing biting. bass were there just not taking anything.bait were on the beach also.

rwilhelm
08-25-2003, 10:10 AM
I also went to Charlestown Breach Sunday morning and did not even get a hit. There was tons of baby menhaden in the channel and I saw some bass swimming in the channel also.

STEVE IN MASS
08-25-2003, 10:14 AM
Sounds about the same as last year down that way at this time......last year in late August, billions of peanuts everywhere, and lot's of fussy fish.....even the bluefish were fussy......guess they are just satisfied gulping the baitfish.....

08-25-2003, 01:37 PM
Good weekend, landed many bass up to 28lbs livelining some bass candy off of Green Hill....:)

chris L
08-25-2003, 01:47 PM
179 nice assavitar

KLMulder
08-25-2003, 02:31 PM
Can we have a close up of that?:D

STEVE IN MASS
08-25-2003, 03:14 PM
Forget the close up....WHERE DO THEY FISH?......;) :D

blackeye
08-25-2003, 04:31 PM
fed blue's eels in newport sat nite till sunday morning-and then the bastards didn't even have the common decency to hit a plug at sunrise:mad:
oh yeah-picked up a scup on a SS needle fish