View Full Version : S-B welcomes a new sponsor - The Saltwater Edge in Newport!

JohnR
08-26-2003, 08:42 AM
Ladies & Gents!

I want to give a warm welcome for a new sponsor at S-B - The Saltwater Edge in Newport!

The Saltwater Edge has all the latest Fly & Surf gear and they feature high quality / high-end gear & tackle. Recently they have invested heavily in expanding their offerings for the Surfcasters among us in addition to their well know Fly fishing lines.... For those of you that have not been inside this shop - it's schweet and filled with QUALITY fishing gear...

You can also find hard to get Tattoo & Hab's plugs, quality reel selections (like my Calcuttas :D ), waders, Korkers, & AquaSkinz! . Tons of Fly Fishing equipment for rods & fly reels, to Renzetti Vises and more.... Remember, these are the folks that arranged the special order of Blurple Long A's ....

I want to introduce some of the crew from The Saltwater Edge too~

Captain Corey, a veteran light tackle and fly fishing guide and one of the key guys you'll meet at the shop. He can be found cruising the Islands or up in the Bay on his 21 Parker.

Peter Graeber is a life-long Newport fly and surf caster and consummate inshore and offshore rigger.

Peter Jenkins, avid fly-fisher, surf caster, and owner of the Saltwater Edge, is proud to provide anglers the finest equipment, accessories, and apparel to hardcore and beginning anglers alike. His store is celebrating its 10th anniversary and remains dedicated to its mission of "respecting the past and protecting the future"

Craig Appleman, General Manger, is available at the Saltwater Edge and happy to take your calls for fishing reports, guided trips, destination travel, and product orders.

Please call, click or visit the store at 401-842-0062, 866-SWE-ORDER, www.saltwateredge.com or at 561 Thames Street, Newport

You can also find Tattoo & Iron Mike living there too!

So again, I would like to welcome The Saltwater Edge as a sponsor @ Striped-Bass.com

http://www.striped-bass.com/LOGOS/swe_logo_big.jpg

*** Remember to visit our sponsors - it helps keep the lights on :D ***

fishweewee
08-26-2003, 11:14 AM
:D they even stock van staals :D

SeaWolf
08-26-2003, 01:18 PM
definitely one of the best fly shops in the area. if you are new to fly fishing, they can set you up w/ some of the best equipment or if you are interested in upgrading, they have some great high-end fly gear. they have what you need to outfit your surfcasting needs as well - habs and tattoo wood plugs, real tins, bombers, jigs, braid, etc.

yeah, you can find iron mike there. he helped setup much of the shops surf lineup. you may even find a blue/white habs needle on the wall and ask the iron man to sign it. but, just don't grab his beer.

hey tattoo - near-side, incoming!!!.....

chris L
08-26-2003, 01:49 PM
thats the best shop in newpot !

denis
08-26-2003, 02:32 PM
And they have the best bucktails around.

JohnR
08-26-2003, 07:58 PM
It is a very cool shop - my only problem with the place is parking a row of beach buggys out front :D ....

But they have a good selection of SERIOUS anglers gear. I doubt you'll find a bobber or a crab line in the place :) But Korkers, Dry Tops, Rock hopping gear....

Tattoo
08-27-2003, 06:04 AM
Guys, don't forget about the fabulous views walking up and down the street all day! Well worth the price of admission.

"How you Do'in?":D

Saltheart
08-27-2003, 07:53 AM
Welcome to the new sponsor. Its a nice shop , right on the way to some good fishing areas on the outside.

hq2
08-27-2003, 08:29 AM
They give decent fishing reports; I call them in the fall about
what's hitting on the RI shore.