View Full Version : The 2 second bass.

Buzz-erd
08-27-2003, 07:45 PM
Left my pops house at 8pm went home and walked down to the beach.First cast with a blurple bomber a-salt at about a 2ft from shore got a 48" bass that swam itself right up on the sand.
Literally the 2 second bass.
Got a 43" way back when(June) which was my biggest to date.
All I can say is YESSSSS!!!!!!
Gonna go filet now.Everybody have a great nite.I did.Just wish the fight was longer,naw...got my biggest!

Jon G
08-27-2003, 08:01 PM
You go me beat Buzz-erd my best this year is a ten second 40". took the boat off plane started feeding wire out and bang! right off the back of the boat only had thirty or so feet out sucker burned my thumb trying to slow him down before I could lock the reel up again. You have to love those moments :D Nice work !!

RIJIMMY
08-28-2003, 07:38 AM
Conrats, may i ask what beach?

Buzz-erd
08-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Really wild Jon.It was over before it started.But I ain't complainin'
to much.
Jimmy I'll say this much:It was a beach somewhere in Portsmouth!

RIJIMMY
08-29-2003, 07:06 AM
Thanks Buzz, thats all I wanted to know. I'm looking for some fishing spots closer to home than always going to South County RI. I can take 495 to 24 and get to Portsmouth, Barrington area a little faster.
I grew up fishing So. County and moved back to the east coast 3 yrs ago, living in Mass. I have been frequenting the spots I know but I'm looking to shorten my drive and spend more time in the water.

Rappin Mikey
08-29-2003, 07:30 AM
Good going dude

Buzz-erd
08-29-2003, 05:35 PM
Thanks Mikey.
Jimmy try fishing the N-NW end of Ports.Several salt marshes and TONS of eel grass on several miles of shoreline,some easliy accessable some not so.I tend to frequent the "not so" areas,tho my 48" didn't come from one of those areas.Just dumb luck with that fish.
I almost exclusively plug with the LIGHTEST tackle possible and the above areas I've mentioned are suited towards that type of fishing provided you have a pair of waders and you can keep the fish out of the grass.Good luck man.

Goose
08-29-2003, 07:06 PM
DAM..son

missing link
08-29-2003, 07:57 PM
nice goin Buzz-erd did ya grill that baby up yummieeeeeeeeeeee
oh yea the QUOTE " over before it started" kinda like a dream date with SHANIA
later LINK

Buzz-erd
08-31-2003, 07:59 AM
Yup Link I did.One fillet more myself the other for pop.Kept it real
simple this time salt,pepper and garlic over charcoal and mesquite chips.Wholesome deliciousness.
Oh yeah and several Buds.

StriperFreak
08-31-2003, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by Buzz-erd
salt,pepper and garlic.

thats all i ever use :) tastes great!!