View Full Version : Fishbucket charters ROCKS

Jim in CT
06-02-2019, 07:02 PM
For the second time in 3 years, I took my oldest (now 12) out with Mike. His 17 year-old is the mate.

What a knowledgeable, friendly, easy-to-be-with, crew to spend a few hours with. We did really well on winter flounder, chased some schoolies on top for awhile, then loaded up jigging for mackerel (by-catch was some pollack, and my son caught a nice cod which I was't expecting).

We came home and had a fish fry, and since my son caught way more flounder than I did, he bragged that he provided the meal. Instead of playing video games, he told his friends about everything we did and saw.

And as a bonus, when I look at Mike and his 17 year-old son, I see EXACTLY, and I mean EXACTLY, the same kind of easy, warm, close relationship I hope to have with my 3 boys when they are teenagers. His son could not have been nicer to my son, that's a kid being raised by people who know what they're doing.

Thanks to fishbucket charters!

Jim in CT
06-02-2019, 07:04 PM
Heading in, he fell asleep with the Boston skyline behind him. But he insisted he wasn't tired.

Sea Dangles
06-02-2019, 07:41 PM
Nice trip there and great job making memories. Enjoy it while he still chooses to hang with you. I took my oldest out for seabass today,he just graduated college and will be moving to NYC to start a career on Tuesday. Time is precious.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Jim in CT
06-02-2019, 07:43 PM
Nice trip there and great job making memories. Enjoy it while he still chooses to hang with you. I took my oldest out for seabass today,he just graduated college and will be moving to NYC to start a career on Tuesday. Time is precious.

I tell my wife that all 3 of mine will go to UCONN, and we are living across the street from campus. Just goes by too fast.

JohnR
06-02-2019, 10:00 PM
Awesome!!

Fishbucket is the best Bucket!

Liam got his biggest with them a few years ago ; )

Jim in CT
06-03-2019, 05:54 AM
Awesome!!

Fishbucket is the best Bucket!

Liam got his biggest with them a few years ago ; )

my sons biggest is also with them, on a live mackerel.

Guppy
06-03-2019, 06:12 AM
Doesn’t surprise me one bit :-)....
It isn’t all about the fish , hey?
Great story

Nebe
06-03-2019, 07:10 AM
I tell my wife that all 3 of mine will go to UCONN, and we are living across the street from campus. Just goes by too fast.

Don’t your kids get a say in where they get to go to college?

Gheeze

JohnR
06-03-2019, 07:14 AM

Gheeze

Not if they don't want massive debt, they do get to pick their major (with parental Veto rights)

Sea Dangles
06-03-2019, 07:23 AM

Gheeze

If you have raised good kids then trust their judgement and respect their decisions. They just may surprise you. If things go wrong with the path you have chosen for them,then it’s your decisions that will haunt the kids.

Jim in CT
06-03-2019, 07:36 AM

Gheeze

for gods sake i was joking.

they get “a” say. they don’t get the only say, because when they are 17/18, I still know things they don’t. they’re not going deep into debt to major in something that won’t allow them to pay off that debt in reasonable fashion. i’m not going to set them up to enslave themselves.

spence
06-03-2019, 07:50 AM
Haha you edited your post before I had a chance to ridicule it.

Jim in CT
06-03-2019, 07:57 AM
Haha you edited your post before I had a chance to ridicule it.

you are free to ridicule the original. i stand by it.

Nebe
06-03-2019, 08:56 AM
you are free to ridicule the original. i stand by it.

Ok. Your kids are your wife’s kids too. It’s very telling that you tell your wife that your kids will go to a certain college. Most normal human beings have a conversation where you both decide.

As a learning tool, I will offer an example.
“So sweetie, where do you think OUR children should go to college?

This might help you get laid. Try it. 😂

Jim in CT
06-03-2019, 09:04 AM
Ok. Your kids are your wife’s kids too. It’s very telling that you tell your wife that your kids will go to a certain college. Most normal human beings have a conversation where you both decide.

As a learning tool, I will offer an example.
“So sweetie, where do you think OUR children should go to college?

This might help you get laid. Try it. 😂

oh my god, i was
JOKING about insisting they go to uconn. i joke that they should go to the same school, so that we can stay close. J-O-K-E.

to get back to the original intent, i highly recommend fushbucket, Mike and Bradley are awesome.

Nebe
06-03-2019, 09:27 AM
:hihi:

Sea Dangles
06-03-2019, 10:07 AM
FishbucketU

RickBomba
06-04-2019, 03:53 AM
FishbucketU

Last time I was there, I saw Wicked Pissa in a dunce hat.

Mike and Brad are the best.

The
Best

thefishingfreak
06-05-2019, 06:37 AM
:thanks:

Billybob
06-05-2019, 09:14 AM
Never mind these guys, UCONN is the best deal going if you live in Ct.
Where and why would you go elsewhere?

Jim in CT
06-05-2019, 09:45 AM
Never mind these guys, UCONN is the best deal going if you live in Ct.
Where and why would you go elsewhere?

i happen to agree with you ( i went there and had a great experience). unless i had barrels of money to hand over to a private school, which i don’t and won’t.

but i was kidding, it was a joke to respond to Dangles’ astute comment that they grow up quickly, and as much as i love my wife, i’m going to be absolutely devastated when each of them goes off to college. So we joke that they must go to uconn and well buy a house across the street, so we can stay close.

UCONN also has a large working dairy farm, and the best milk shakes in the world.

Jim in CT
06-05-2019, 09:45 AM
:thanks:

really hope we can get out sharking with you.

Billybob
06-05-2019, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I went to UCONN, so did the wife and my oldest son.
It sure has grown since I graduated in 82.
Lived in Hicks Hall freshman year, right next to the ag arena.

MakoMike
06-09-2019, 09:28 AM
Both of my kids went to Westcon, go a great education and lived at home through their college years.

RIROCKHOUND
06-09-2019, 04:58 PM
Both of my kids went to Westcon, go a great education and lived at home through their college years.

Eastern is pretty good too.... Just saying