View Full Version : Live streaming hot bites

PaulS
06-20-2019, 09:21 AM
What say you - ok or irresponsible?

Slipknot
06-20-2019, 09:27 AM
choices have consequences
Responsibility should be of key importance when deciding choices.

Ego's and self importance factor in also

come join the spectacle

Nebe
06-20-2019, 09:35 AM
Incredibly irresponsible. Especially when you call your 30 lb fish a 50. :hihi:
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Sea Dangles
06-20-2019, 09:40 AM
Heroic

PaulS
06-20-2019, 09:48 AM
Ego's and self importance factor in also

Bruce, I always laugh when people brag about how many fish they caught and say "... I was catching them every cast". Where is the skill in that?

Clammer
06-20-2019, 10:11 AM
[OH WHITE PEOPLE}:uhuh::uhuh:

bart
06-20-2019, 10:54 AM
Completely irresponsible on his part. You can’t claim to care about the fishery then send the masses there to hammer on them. I was getting texts and calls as soon as he went live. Same thing was probably happening along the entire east coast.

bart
06-20-2019, 10:56 AM
And you can’t call yourself “The Diving Fisherman” when you don’t even fish anymore.

JohnR
06-20-2019, 12:02 PM
Call out the action, not the personal attack.

This was why we did not do reports, even to the site's detriment.

zimmy
06-20-2019, 12:15 PM
Incredibly irresponsible. Especially when you call your 30 lb fish a 50. :hihi:

I now realize that I have caught numerous 50lbers. 60's too :bounce:
I like how he had to warn the guy that "this is live" as he was about to reach up into the gill plates to lift the fish.

Slipknot
06-20-2019, 12:19 PM
Bruce, I always laugh when people brag about how many fish they caught and say "... I was catching them every cast". Where is the skill in that?

the skill is getting your butt to the water at the right time and having the ability to cast a lure to the fish. After a while every cast is no longer as much fun but it feels good to succeed. Usually the point of fishing is to have fun enjoying the outdoors while having success is a bonus.

bragging is just human nature
Live feed, well that can wait before broadcasting in my opinion. Put it up in the winter

Got Stripers
06-20-2019, 12:44 PM
Internet Heroes have ruined certain spots for sure.

Poncho
06-20-2019, 01:34 PM
Please fill me in as to what you are talking about. SB is my only form of social media

JLH
06-20-2019, 02:08 PM
Really irresponsible. With fewer areas holding fish this kind of stuff just puts more pressure on what is left of the population. Some people just never learn I guess.

JohnR
06-20-2019, 03:18 PM
Please fill me in as to what you are talking about. SB is my only form of social media

Mike Laptew shared a video on Facebook, live, while a good crush of fish was happening.

Sea Dangles
06-20-2019, 03:45 PM
Ron did nothing wrong with that fish. It was fine.

MAKAI
06-20-2019, 05:55 PM
Some egos never get enough stroking.

beamie
06-20-2019, 08:11 PM
Only if Luiza was fishing with me......

cpollnow
06-21-2019, 03:20 AM
I was hoping he would take down the video and help handle the fish.

Granted I think a bit of hyperbole was used when Mike said Ron had been fighting the fish for 10 minutes, but the lack of care on the revival and release was disappointing. It's possible that fish swam away and went belly up 60 seconds later.

bart
06-21-2019, 11:10 AM
The video is 9+ minutes long so it appears he was fighting the fish for 10 min, which is absolutely ridiculous.

But I essentially agree with everything you stated.

ThrowingTimber
06-21-2019, 01:31 PM
Fun times 😂

Guppy
06-21-2019, 04:25 PM
If I understand this

Live or a chit load of phone calls , is there a difference ?

cpollnow
06-21-2019, 04:39 PM
If I understand this

Live or a chit load of phone calls , is there a difference ?

Yes, see the hundreds of comments and views. I see your point though....

FishermanTim
06-21-2019, 05:08 PM
somewhat irresponsible

Due to the lazy nature of most internet trolls, videos of that nature will draw out the "wanna-be's" and the "use-to-be's" in numbers.

Then there's the attraction of some low-lifes that will target your vehicle while you're waiting for a chance to cast and catch one of the fish as it passes by.

Also consider (natural absurd progression) if the waters in question happen to be around private properties? What's to stop these same "followers" from trashing someone's property just to be able to say they were there?

piemma
06-22-2019, 05:54 AM
I don't do FB anymore so I didn't see this. I am surprised at Mike as he has always been a conservation minded individual. perhaps he has succumbed to just wanting to sell his videos.

Got Stripers
06-22-2019, 06:16 AM
The video is 9+ minutes long so it appears he was fighting the fish for 10 min, which is absolutely ridiculous.

But I essentially agree with everything you stated.

I didn’t see the video, so I don’t know how big the fish was, but none of my three 50+ took that long. Sounds like they may have milked it for the additional footage.

Slipknot
06-22-2019, 06:33 AM
I didn’t see the video, so I don’t know how big the fish was, but none of my three 50+ took that long. Sounds like they may have milked it for the additional footage.

no
it was hooked behind the gill so it got broadside to current
it's hard to reel in a fish like that there especially a 30 pounder

I saw Mike put up a post about the big stink about his live feed where he defended his actions.
I'm not sure if that helps or gives fuel to the peanut gallery

Got Stripers
06-22-2019, 06:51 AM
That’s a horse of a different color, snagged fish can feel like monsters.

Sea Dangles
06-22-2019, 07:06 AM

wdmso
06-22-2019, 07:20 AM
To see a live stream there are steps it doesn't just show up on your phone ... then if your watching it that means your not there. And you missed the bite. If it's in the canal you couldn't call that spot burning .. and if after watching you drive to where ever it's over.... like ray said its basically a video phone call

Guppy
06-22-2019, 04:40 PM

Very interesting indeed.....

spence
06-22-2019, 06:47 PM
Mike Laptew shared a video on Facebook, live, while a good crush of fish was happening.
I wouldn’t even say that, there was a single fish caught on the stream. The video was taken because of the squid jumping on shore.

Can’t believe the FB idiocy that followed. As a species we’ve lost about 50 IQ points and that’s not even including the politics forum.

RickBomba
06-23-2019, 06:15 AM
[OH WHITE PEOPLE}:uhuh::uhuh:

I know. Dumb asses.

First world problems.

The canal is a #^&#^&#^&#^&hole country, anyway.

vineyardblues
06-23-2019, 08:33 PM
I thought it was funny as chit,
Its sad to see so many fisherman with mental issues.

JohnR
06-24-2019, 09:34 AM
I wouldn’t even say that, there was a single fish caught on the stream. The video was taken because of the squid jumping on shore.

Can’t believe the FB idiocy that followed. As a species we’ve lost about 50 IQ points and that’s not even including the politics forum.

I do not think any Live Stream should go on, no same day reports. I've seen places get crushed often enough. I did not watch it because I choose not to support that type of instant visibility on locations. I like Mike, he does great work, I differ from him on this.

MAKAI
06-24-2019, 10:32 AM
I was there Friday after work and groups of 3 to 5 people came walking by me asking how the bite was ? I said sucky.
They would say we heard reports it was going off.
Good luck with the shorts and sandals kids !

MakoMike
06-24-2019, 10:38 AM
Give him a break, its not like no one knows there is good fishing in the canal. I would argue that, with all the publicity its gotten over the last few years that its impossible to spot burn the canal.

MAKAI
06-24-2019, 11:49 AM
Mike I’ve been playing in the Canal since 72.
I don’t live far away. When the bite is off it’s normal amount of people. It only takes one day of fish chasing bait to set up the next days circus. It’s the instant reporting that is today’s world. No putting that genie back in the bottle.
It is what it is. Too bad.

ProfessorM
06-24-2019, 08:00 PM
also don't forget Ron tossed a 50 lber off the bulkhead last year after took lots of time measuring weighing and taking numerous pictures basically killing it by keeping it out of the water so long He then pitched it off the bulkhead Plus he already had kept a fish earlier that day. I have know ron for 30 years and I told he it was a bonehead play.. For some reason he is obsessed with showing people the fish he catches. As far as the live feed I feel it was foolish and the after comments by him was even more ridiculous. It is a shame what the social media has done to that place and many others.

ProfessorM
06-24-2019, 08:02 PM
the comments of people that do not fish there on a regular basis are totally irrelevant in my opinion. You have no idea of the situation there.

piemma
06-25-2019, 03:00 AM
the comments of people that do not fish there on a regular basis are totally irrelevant in my opinion. You have no idea of the situation there.

Exactly. Well stated Paul

wdmso
06-25-2019, 07:15 AM
Some Canal regulars. Sound like the charter captain I heard at the ramp in sesuit . Complaints against how he spent 300 dollars in ramp fees this year and feels its BS that he needs to deal with the comm fleet ..then went on to say because he has paying customers on board no one should be casting at breaking fish around him... not all comm charter or canal regulars feel they own the ocean .. because those guy do openly cry about it... I am all for respect of others around you and reasonable accommodation . But the ocean and canal are public spaces .. and a lot of the public sucks some because they don't know others just don't care .. ps there. Were 500 boats out yesterday does anyone work?

JohnR
06-25-2019, 08:09 AM
Some Canal regulars. Sound like the charter captain I heard at the ramp in sesuit . Complaints against how he spent 300 dollars in ramp fees this year and feels its BS that he needs to deal with the comm fleet ..then went on to say because he has paying customers on board no one should be casting at breaking fish around him... not all comm charter or canal regulars feel they own the ocean .. because those guy do openly cry about it... I am all for respect of others around you and reasonable accommodation . But the ocean and canal are public spaces .. and a lot of the public sucks some because they don't know others just don't care ..

Just not all at the same time and that is what happens when the reports run rampant.

ps there. Were 500 boats out yesterday does anyone work?

Dr. Summerof

MAKAI
06-25-2019, 08:44 AM
It’s the new world order. I’ll never get the post all aspects of my life crowd. It’s not just the fishing arena. For instance,I’ll bet 80% of the people at my gym workout with the phone glued to their hand. A lot of lifting noobs that couldn’t do 5 push ups with a gun held on them, video and post their workouts to who knows where. C’mon people, you ain’t that f’n special. Get a life !

ps.
I’ve been an electrician for 35 years. It’s stunning how a job site is now phone in hand instead of hammer in hand. We were more productive pre phone era that’s for sure.

Linesider82
06-25-2019, 10:04 AM
Were 500 boats out yesterday does anyone work?

Opening day of comm. bass

spence
06-25-2019, 10:22 AM
Even when I fished I never went even though it's only 45 min away simply because of what I had heard about the place.

wdmso
06-25-2019, 10:49 AM
Opening day of comm. bass

I know I was one of them 12hrs on the water 1 fish 33 in go figure just like a Turkey hunter see them .every day until its opening day lol

Linesider82
06-25-2019, 11:14 AM
we all know the bass are more prevalent on thursdays

ivanputski
06-25-2019, 12:31 PM
I feel that any activity that you love doing
is best to keep quiet if large additional crowds being present
would cause you to enjoy it less.

Basically... STFU , keep your phone off, and enjoy the bite you found...

puppet
06-25-2019, 12:54 PM
I did not see the video. Its a bummer about the controversy. Too bad their is not a control Z for it.

Sort of like our animal roots and that we all have a capacity to kill. We all have the ability to be Narcissist. A little is healthy...too much....well, we complain about those folks. Maybe without knowing it, we are one of those in the too much category. I am probably in the too much category.

Social media keys in on this trait and some folk might have an addiction / disorder. Its so easy. Even this forum can be addictive. I am old school...mostly forum activitity...very little facebook. I tried the fb....didnt like it.

Face books....hahahhaaha....the book of faces....hahahahha.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/17/i-narcissist-vanity-social-media-and-the-human-condition

Clowns, cops, and spectators.

Without Social media we would never have this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0IQCLQDfKw
gotta take the good with the bad.