View Full Version : Humpback through CCC

nightfighter
07-18-2019, 05:39 PM
I was on the phone a couple times with my brother today as he was bringing his 1957 Beals Island lobster boat from Marblehead to Marion. He called to let me know he had made it to the canal entrance when the phone got dropped and I heard him yell out something in his excitement. When he picked the phone up he told me that a whale had surfaced directly in front of him, forcing his emergency course correction.
Channel 5 just had a report, complete with drone video, of a 40' traversing the canal today. Just texted him to say it wasn't a porpoise (as he wondered) and he wasn't high...….:cheers2::hihi:

Nebe
07-18-2019, 05:46 PM
WHAT IS THAT THING JAY!?!?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Liv2Fish
07-18-2019, 05:57 PM
Saw a little one feeding right up on shore just around the corner from the power plant mid day last week.

t.orlando
07-18-2019, 06:22 PM
Poor whale.....probably has 50 Gags jigs stuck in its back by now

BigFish
07-18-2019, 08:25 PM
I was fishing Pips Rip several years ago and as I was doing so I noticed the harbor patrol boats and Coast Guard boats zipping nearby as they were turning boats away from the entrance to the east end......as I stood in knee deep water I watched as a huge (if I remember correctly) right whale came swimming by not 50 feet from where I stood! It was amazing! Pretty sure it was a right whale as all the hubbub was about how rare they were!:kewl:

Guppy
07-19-2019, 02:01 AM
I was fishing Pips Rip several years ago and as I was doing so I noticed the harbor patrol boats and Coast Guard boats zipping nearby as they were turning boats away from the entrance to the east end......as I stood in knee deep water I watched as a huge (if I remember correctly) right whale came swimming by not 50 feet from where I stood! It was amazing! Pretty sure it was a right whale as all the hubbub was about how rare they were!:kewl:

They chased me away that day, said I was too close, asked if he played golf , he replied no, I says I do and I know what 500 yards looks like,,, he says it’s 1500 yards, NOT

Quite a sight though....

chris L
07-30-2019, 09:02 PM
Saw a little one feeding right up on shore just around the corner from the power plant mid day last week.

I was spashed by one many years ago while fishing with my wife just east of the power plant . I was drentched !