South county just got hammered hard.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

nightfighter
07-22-2019, 08:09 PM
Hopefully you can enjoy this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFxOaDeJmXk

Sea Dangles
07-22-2019, 09:46 PM
Lots of lightning but the rain has missed ACK.

piemma
07-23-2019, 05:14 AM
Still pouring here.

Rockfish9
07-23-2019, 06:07 AM
Still pouring here as well.

JohnR
07-23-2019, 07:13 AM
The dog usually is undeterred by heavy thunder and lighting but last night was a bit much for him

Raider Ronnie
07-23-2019, 09:05 AM
Toto the band ?
Jeff Porcorro the drummer (rip)

Katie
07-23-2019, 09:55 AM
Raining so much, it's raining in the office this morning.

Got Stripers
07-23-2019, 10:38 AM
Like we didn't have enough after the 6" we got in Plymouth during the last monsoon and yet I still see towns with their mandatory water ban signs up.

Got Stripers
07-23-2019, 11:26 AM
Hope anyone on the cape is safe, over the last 30 minutes or so, they apparently think there were multiple tornadoes on the ground around the Harwich area.

nightfighter
07-23-2019, 04:07 PM
Heard from Guppy. He and his crew are OK.

Guppy
07-23-2019, 04:41 PM
Wow...
Like I’ve never seen before..

Thanks for checking in on us Ross...
The following is my reply to Ross ....

“We’re still here! LOL

I sat in the garage with both doors open and watched,,, quite a show,,, my garage faces east and all the wind at my house came outa the N...

This is a text from my son that lives a couple miles away..

“I was on my way to the hardware store in South Yarmouth, and while I was driving down Station Avenue, that’s when the tornado hit! I watched a bunch of trees fall down, I saw a patio set go up to the top of the tree and get stuck there! And a bunch of wires came down. It was totally crazy. Route 28 looks like a war zone! There were trash barrels trees bushes, benches, stuff was everywhere”

Hope that’s the end of this stuff, headed up your way to fish in the morning with Niko...”

PaulS
07-23-2019, 04:43 PM
Glad to hear it sounds like nobody got hurt

Got Stripers
07-23-2019, 06:34 PM
Wow...
Like I’ve never seen before..

Thanks for checking in on us Ross...
The following is my reply to Ross ....

“We’re still here! LOL

I sat in the garage with both doors open and watched,,, quite a show,,, my garage faces east and all the wind at my house came outa the N...

This is a text from my son that lives a couple miles away..

“I was on my way to the hardware store in South Yarmouth, and while I was driving down Station Avenue, that’s when the tornado hit! I watched a bunch of trees fall down, I saw a patio set go up to the top of the tree and get stuck there! And a bunch of wires came down. It was totally crazy. Route 28 looks like a war zone! There were trash barrels trees bushes, benches, stuff was everywhere”

Hope that’s the end of this stuff, headed up your way to fish in the morning with Niko...”

Glad you survived, was thinking of you as I watched the weather warnings that a tornado was on the ground, if the cape cod crawl is usually bad wait until this week after.

Raider Ronnie
07-23-2019, 09:28 PM
I saw a video taken at Bass River Marina.
2 boats on an upper rack, wind pushed them sideways, nearly off he rack.

Guppy
07-24-2019, 01:43 AM
Glad you survived, was thinking of you as I watched the weather warnings that a tornado was on the ground, if the cape cod crawl is usually bad wait until this week after.

Right after,,, every, I mean every person on cc tried to go take a look see at the same time,,,, total grid lock edge to edge..

Well not everyone, I didn’t :humpty:

Got Stripers
07-24-2019, 06:34 AM
Called to cancel my tee time this morning at Hyannis, not going near the cape this week, will play local instead.

FishermanTim
07-24-2019, 10:56 AM
Was kind of expecting some "Sharknado" activity...

It's funny that we rarely get tornados here, but when we do it's a complete fustercluck.

One thing I find somewhat amusing is that way too many people have tree on their property that are not maintained properly and these people are "completely shocked" when the things come crashing down on their house and property?

Note...way too many dead and dying trees are left standing way too long.

OK, that's enough PSA...Hopefully everyone survived with nothing more than a story to tell (and NO injuries)...

Jimbo
07-25-2019, 10:31 AM
I was over at my dad's in Yarmouth closer to the Mid-Cape and it sure seemed like a tornado, but didn't lose power or any trees so I figured that's how it was everywhere. Then I tried to get back to my house in Yarmouth closer to Route 28 and it was like total devastation. No power, big branches down in the yard but didn't fall on anything. Just got power back this morning.
I was wondering about you, too, Ray. Read in the paper a motel in W. Yarmouth had its roof partly blown off.

Guppy
07-25-2019, 03:51 PM
I was over at my dad's in Yarmouth closer to the Mid-Cape and it sure seemed like a tornado, but didn't lose power or any trees so I figured that's how it was everywhere. Then I tried to get back to my house in Yarmouth closer to Route 28 and it was like total devastation. No power, big branches down in the yard but didn't fall on anything. Just got power back this morning.
I was wondering about you, too, Ray. Read in the paper a motel in W. Yarmouth had its roof partly blown off.

Big mess Jim,,, glad you came through unscathed.....