View Full Version : Gone fishing...a report

Rmarsh
07-28-2019, 08:05 AM
Fished my usual spot last night...wading out along the sandbar to get my casts into the rip during the dropping tide. Not much happening until just before dark....then started catching a mix of small blues and stripers on plastic swimmers. Got a treble hook stuck in the thumb trying to unhook one of them. My arms got tired from casting.... so we switched over to bait fishing. I had no luck with that but my pal landed a couple of decent fish. Later on a few others showed up to the spot and were surprisingly respectful of us being there first and gave us plenty of space. After awhile the older gentleman approached us to chat. He said he was mentoring his teenage grandson who had just caught a 20" striper and the young man was ecstatic. He was using single hook black sluggo. We talked a while and he showed me a stubby black needlefish he had made, I recalled a time when I was all about using needlefish lures and some of the large stipers they produced for me. Pleasant encounter...which is not always the case...maybe was a member from here? I was tired and packed it up before the tide went slack

Guppy
07-28-2019, 04:47 PM
Nice read, thanks

Slipknot
07-28-2019, 06:01 PM
sounds like a good time and good story

piemma
07-29-2019, 01:57 AM
Reminds me of the way fishing use to be.

Rockfish9
07-29-2019, 06:03 AM
Nice read, thanks for sharing.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rmarsh
07-30-2019, 05:42 AM
Reminds me of the way fishing use to be.

Yep....that was what I was trying to get across...would be nice if more members would post fishing reports.... dont have to be epic.....
Just about every time I fish....there is something that I learn or something happens...little insignificant things that I take away from each trip. More like a log book entry than a report.