View Full Version : Bigfish

Raider Ronnie
07-29-2019, 01:43 PM
Mike I love ya.....but go #^&#^&#^&#^& yourself!

Classic Lawrence Wentworth 😜

Got Stripers
07-29-2019, 02:35 PM
Larry doesn't pull punches, he is your classic in your face, I call them as I see them kind of guy.

Raider Ronnie
07-29-2019, 03:03 PM
I miss Larry here.
Site sucks without him !
I’ve seen him in person make statements like that to people and the look on his face is priceless, yet looking he was ready to kill 😜
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

trevier
07-29-2019, 03:16 PM
I miss Larry here.
Site sucks without him !
I’ve seen him in person make statements like that to people and the look on his face is priceless, yet looking he was ready to kill 😜

man says what he wants.

BigFish
07-29-2019, 03:27 PM
I love you all.....now go %$*&# yourselves!:btu:

Youse is good people.....even Mike Delzingo The Fishing Freak!:bl:

Clammer
07-29-2019, 03:27 PM
IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THAT ????????:call:

Sea Dangles
07-29-2019, 04:54 PM
The pussy cats hate it

Raider Ronnie
07-29-2019, 09:07 PM
man says what he wants.

Yup
23,323 post showing that.
Now the only guys with numbers of post distantly close to him are posting in #^&#^&#^&#^&ing political forum night & day.

Got Stripers
07-30-2019, 08:02 AM
As Larry might say, want some aged cheese to go with your whine, give me your address and I will send you some tissue. On a serious note, if that forum bothers you so much why visit and why post there? Internet lurkers, face book, short cut seekers, along with the aging board members I believe have reduced the postings on the main board, the political forum has nothing to do with that. If John wanted to drop that board I wouldn’t loose any sleep, but I find it AT TIMES, to be an interesting debate on issues, but sadly civility there seems to parallel what is happening in our government. At this time in my life, I’m more interested in what my golf buddies have set up for tee times for the week.

One of the best conversations I’ve had all year was a short talk I had at the herring run yesterday, where I met a twenty year old young man, who purchased 18 bags of fresh water bass baits I sold on Craig’s list. The next best recently, was when this same young man called me two hours later. He wanted advice on tactics, rigging and locations to fish and we chatted for quite some time and he thanked me profusely.

Maybe if we had some younger members coming in, we could share the wealth of knowledge the members on this board have. That would be a board I’d live on, I taught sailing, tennis and skiing for summer and winter jobs in my college years and I love interacting with passionate youth with a thirst for knowledge.

Clammer
07-30-2019, 10:23 AM
Bob , in response to your question/need >>young blood .

personally I don,t think the % of this generation of kids has the same interest or desire to be fisherman or even watermen .
I see very few of them in either .
Just in my family ……… my son doesn,t fish .even thro he had plenty of opps to do so . as a kid he was a damn good F/W fisherman & a better shellfisherman ………….gone
now he lives on a river the enters into the largest pond in rI & has for years ………. he,s never fished it & went he had my tin rig .he only took it to ride around .
My 2 grand sons ...one has been in the boat twice & one once ……………...I<ve given them so much gear /enough to open a store.
there is only one kid that I see hanging around the water/ docks/ marina & he has special needs /I,ve talked to him & he,s lucky his Dad is a fisherman ……….. and I see or hear it quite a bit .
I have a very good friend that is a great fisherman / rec & comm .he is always looking for people to fish with him …………….his adult son won,t go .
the shellfish industry / the price is at a record high yet the number of diggers is at a records low . our association has had a apprentice program for years where seasoned diggers take a person on a structured course .of actually going out & doing & learning the craft …………. like maybe one or two even make a descent effort to continue .
maybe its time & generation .over the years /I,ve read of local little leagues that have had to combine to keep the sport going & a lot of JR & high schools have combined schools in order to field a team ……………….
Just a thought ……. one think I,m sure of the . the electronics age has not made it any easier to get these kids movitaded [sp]
&&&& maybe it just is what it is . Last week Gail & I ran from warwick cove to PJ light & didn. see one fisherman all the way down the bay & when we did the 1st we saw were draggers off beavertail & onlt saw 3 or for baots sea bassing near where we went .
sign of the times ?????

many of the kids . don,t see the leaves change, the weather , antics of animals . night skys , fire flies, phases of the moon ………….. they will get lost a block from their homes .
This isn,t all kids ………...but its majority

BigFish
07-30-2019, 10:42 AM
To be honest guys what I have witnessed in regards to what Bob and Clammer are speaking about and it happened here......the surfcasters turned into a bunch of non-sharing, non-caring, self centered douche' bags as did many of the boat guys! By that I don't mean they were bad people just that they don't reach out and share and help a younger newbie find his way as used to be the norm on here! I can tell you I have been kayak fishing for 10 years now and that community is all about getting together to fish frequently, share information (though in smaller groups not in the open forum) and we help each other be better fishermen! The kayak forum in here died a rapid death and most likely due to FB and such! I still like stopping in here and checking on old friends once in awhile and telling them to go %$#@& themselves! LOL!:lama:

MAKAI
07-30-2019, 10:48 AM
Jeez Larry if we could all F ourselves we’d never leave the house😬

piemma
07-30-2019, 12:16 PM
Hi Larry:wavey::wavey:

BigFish
07-30-2019, 04:25 PM
Hi Paul!:jump: