View Full Version : comm shore VS comm Boat

wdmso
08-05-2019, 02:38 PM
Just got back from lunch down the cape stopped by the fish pier which was a zoo .. made a few casts no luck.

stopped and spoke to an old timer sitting in the shade who proceeded to tell me he was here at 0500 and the endless fishing being brought back to cars .. as we were takinging about how boat comm holders are taking mutiple fish but shore comm guys can only take 2 a guy must have heard us as he was walking by with 4 fish to his car said i got 15 good day I am no poacher ..

I bit my tongue ... he may be technically correct but ethically in my eyes he's a poacher i think when it says boat permit and another says shore its not rocket science. not sure why EP allow it?

JohnR
08-05-2019, 02:54 PM
I kinda think there should be no distinction between shore and boat comm. But you have to have a permit.

I did see that Mass DEP caught several poachers at the Canal yesterday, 50 stripers, and issued $8,000 in citations.

wdmso
08-05-2019, 03:07 PM
I kinda think there should be no distinction between shore and boat comm. But you have to have a permit.

I did see that Mass DEP caught several poachers at the Canal yesterday, 50 stripers, and issued $8,000 in citations.

i agree there needs to be no distinction or make it clear they are not the same

for me boat equals 15 fish shore equals 2 not sure why the EP cant get direction from their legal department . and decide

Guppy
08-05-2019, 04:24 PM
I’m sick about reading sh it about the canal... close it, that’s not a real fishing environment,,, and if someone has a problem with com quota, go buy a freaken boat, can’t afford it, stop bitchen...

There, I said it

Sea Dangles
08-05-2019, 04:48 PM
Neither is Block Island and you got skunked there!🤣

Burned through 8 pounds of eels there last night btw.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

wdmso
08-05-2019, 05:59 PM

Thanks for reminding me not to trust any forecast

Clammer
08-05-2019, 06:25 PM
BI .that,s the place that should be closed .

ZERO enforcement yet 100,s of serious violations //////////////////////////////// who said the mass quota is being caught at BI & EEZ .
or when the RI Commercial season ended / for the most part those guys switch to something else ………………...yet the rec ,s & charters just keep going .. & taking photos of 40,50, & 60,s they caught …….……… Big fuc Kin deal .
1/2 of them would be sea Bass fishing if they couldn,t be cow killers @ the Block ……………………………...I can hear it now...…… the stories they will tell there G/ks on their fishing expertise caught all these huge bass .
too bad Ray that you went in the daylight …………. then you too could be a wanna be hero …………… :shocked::shocked::shocked:

Guppy
08-05-2019, 07:08 PM

Geees, you devil

It ain’t over yet Mike,,, I still might make it to heroism.... :shocked:

Got Stripers
08-05-2019, 07:53 PM
Game Fish done, end it, before we talk to our grand kids about the fish that used to fill our waters.

Clammer
08-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Ray ,you don,t have to go that far . they may not be all trophies but there are plenty ><><:call:

Sea Dangles
08-05-2019, 08:56 PM
Geees, you devil

It ain’t over yet Mike,,, I still might make it to heroism.... :shocked:

Next time you come Gup. Just don’t post a picture or some might get their panties wet.

piemma
08-06-2019, 04:38 AM
I've been getting PMs from friends. The Canal is out of control and, apparently, the EP folks in Mass. don't have the necessary personnel to stop the carnage.

Since the Striper is a migratory species, where the hell are the Feds on this Armageddon scenario.?:af:

Sea Dangles
08-06-2019, 07:01 AM
Paul,they have a fb page where they display fish confiscated from poachers. They seem to have a presence there and have been making arrests too but it must not be enough to stem the poaching. What a shame. I haven’t been there in over 10 years. Like Clammer said,enjoy the sea bass.

afterhours
08-06-2019, 07:14 AM
As far as comm licenses go boat permit holders should only catch from boats and shore permit holders should only catch from shore.

Take the $ off their heads.

Federal gamefish status can save the stripes.

piemma
08-06-2019, 08:26 AM
Paul,they have a fb page where they display fish confiscated from poachers. They seem to have a presence there and have been making arrests too but it must not be enough to stem the poaching. What a shame. I haven’t been there in over 10 years. Like Clammer said,enjoy the sea bass.

Agreed Chris. I don't have a problem with the EPs. Just not enough of them. I was told (I didn't see a pic) that there was a dumpster near Scusset that had 4 or 5, 20# fish in it. WTF.

Clammer
08-06-2019, 09:15 AM
can,t print what I was gonna say …...just thinkin of it ><>

MAKAI
08-06-2019, 09:17 AM
Kinda like you’d need 5,000 more great whites to deal with the seals.
You’d need a hundred EPOs to deal with the poaching mob.
Analogous to store looting during riots

JFigliuolo
08-06-2019, 10:52 AM
As far as comm licenses go boat permit holders should only catch from boats and shore permit holders should only catch from shore.

Take the $ off their heads.

Federal gamefish status can save the stripes.

Only if Rec's are not allowed to kill any either.