View Full Version : York

niko
08-08-2019, 04:26 PM
spending next week up there. hows the schoolie fishing up there? looks like I've got York harbor just to the south and some sort of tidal river to the north. got a pile of kids who want to fish. I may bring a few out on bunny Clarke one day. looks pretty rocky everywhere, and i prefer sand under my feet but I guess its time to dust off the korkers

JohnR
08-08-2019, 04:40 PM
Should be good fishing up there but it is not Boston level fishing.

White Bucktail & Queen Cocahoe is supreme

There are probably Macs & Pogies around ; )

Rocks are very slippery and places get cut off quick on an incoming tide (even faster than South Shore Mass). I used to fish 25 miles north of York some do not have much detail to add in your spot, other than the tide comes in hard over some of the rocky places

JFigliuolo
08-08-2019, 06:17 PM
Almost got swept off rocks in Maine. Tides no joke up there. Closest I've come to death (that I know of)
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Rockfish9
08-09-2019, 06:37 AM
a lot of big fish in Maine this year... 20 and 30 lb class, I did well in Saco a few weeks back, a fellow worker has been fishing in Wells and doing extremely well on 20lb and larger class fish..

niko
08-09-2019, 08:36 AM
a lot of big fish in Maine this year... 20 and 30 lb class, I did well in Saco a few weeks back, a fellow worker has been fishing in Wells and doing extremely well on 20lb and larger class fish..

That’s great joe. I’m gonna have some down time up there so looking forward to doing some exploring. a couple of guys have reached out with good intel. It will be interesting fishing from the rocks.

fish4striper
08-09-2019, 12:02 PM

Used to go to Wells as a kid, my parents still live in Moody beach.

Parsons beach in Kennebunk is a great beach spot with tidal river ,doable for kids

Wells Harbor inlet has some sand to fish from or the jetty where mackeral are possible. Tough landing fish thou.

oh dont forget to hit Congdons donuts, as with fishing best to go early

niko
08-09-2019, 03:14 PM
Thanks Jeff. Good heads up on the donuts

RickBomba
08-12-2019, 11:14 AM
I was up in that area all day yesterday. Saw like three boats the whole day. I'm sure there's fish around, just nobody out looking for them that I could see. I was a little to the North, though.

5/0
08-12-2019, 11:53 AM
been fishing up there for 25 years,first place I would recommend would be the rocks off of Libby's campground dropping tide or the span bridge at Barrel pond right by York harbor or the rocks off of the Cutty sark hotel the end of Long sands head east 400 yards up from the corner (very sketchy) Korkers are a must.

Good luck and enjoy.

niko
08-12-2019, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the help boys - did the Bataan death march in the dark last night, I do not envy you guys who do this #^&#^&#^&#^& all the time

thefishingfreak
08-13-2019, 02:32 PM
Should be plenty of harbor pollack in the rocks

Guppy
08-13-2019, 03:39 PM
I just see u dodged a bullet with the weather this afternoon...