View Full Version : bermuda

Mr. Kav
09-02-2003, 08:34 AM
just got back from bermuda for a wedding and got some fishing in. 1 blue marlin ( 400lb class ) and pulled the hook on another, 16 wahoos ( up to 70lb) , 15 yf tuna ( up to 65lbs). that isn't the most unusual thing that happened down there. i have been on the water for a long time down there and last friday on my way out to the fishing grounds which is about 32 miles off. about half way out we saw a couple of Killer whales. i have never heard of them being down there and really haven't heard as of yet why they happen to be there. it was an amazing thing to see though.

anyone ever see them before?

Duke41
09-02-2003, 08:41 AM
Mr Kav,

Who did you charter with. I have been twice and both times the charters have completely sucked, crappy captains and zero fish.

Van
09-02-2003, 09:16 AM
KAV,

YOU DA MAN !!!!!!

Always with a good story,:D :D

See ya soon.
V.

Mr. Kav
09-02-2003, 09:46 AM
duke, i don't charter when i am there i have allot of friends there with boats. do you rememeber the names of the boats you chartered.

van i could not believe the killer whales all i could think of was that movie ORCA that i saw years ago jumping up on the the iceberg and eating that guy. it was truly amazing.

i never live lined any bait at the bottom down there because the trolling was real good both days i went out. we had the boat drifting out there for about 30 minutes while we were having a drink and having a laugh so i put out a small spinning rod that i got out of the cabin and i put on a small anchovy to try and get a small mackeral to live bait from a downrigger and all of a sudden Zzzzzzzzzzzing a 25 lb wahoo swam by and took it, it was awesome. just a hook with 15lb straight mono and we landed it . talk about lucky. i had that one for dinner that night. yummy