View Full Version : Weekend Plans?

JohnR
09-20-2019, 07:08 AM
Work and Football, work on the Jeep

So what's up for the weekend?

RickBomba
09-20-2019, 07:26 AM
Mushroom hunting with the boy tomorrow.

Fishing with my friend Rocko and his fiance Sunday.

wdmso
09-20-2019, 07:32 AM
Getting ready for europe this weekend My priorities are Albies then packing for europe
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence
09-20-2019, 07:33 AM
Dethatch, aerate, gypsum, lime, overseed, topdress, football.

Got Stripers
09-20-2019, 07:36 AM
Yard work Saturday, tog trip early Sunday with friend and watch taped Pats game after clean, filet and power nap is done.

Rob Rockcrawler
09-20-2019, 07:45 AM
Taking the step daughter fishing with me tomorrow in RI somewhere. As much as I'd like to be chasing albies on the rocks im looking for a not so challenging place for an 11 year old to fish. Any suggestions for a sorta safe spot in the bay where she could scup it up while i plug for something? PM would be awesome! Stacking wood on sunday before the game and cleaning the stove and chimney. 38 at night has the family wanting a fire, not till OCt 1!

Jim in CT
09-20-2019, 10:02 AM
Dethatch, aerate, gypsum, lime, overseed, topdress, football.
when you overseed, are you using a slit seeder, or just using a broadcast spreader?

Jim in CT
09-20-2019, 10:03 AM
looking for stripers and sea bass at block tomorrow with my college friends, one of my favorite days of the year.

spence
09-20-2019, 10:21 AM
when you overseed, are you using a slit seeder, or just using a broadcast spreader?
I'm assuming the aeration and top dressing will be sufficient. Turf is in pretty good shape just needs some TLC. Fortunately I have an irrigation system as it's a decent amount of grass. Just upgraded to a new controller, everything from the phone. It's slick.

Jim in CT
09-20-2019, 10:44 AM
I'm assuming the aeration and top dressing will be sufficient. Turf is in pretty good shape just needs some TLC. Fortunately I have an irrigation system as it's a decent amount of grass. Just upgraded to a new controller, everything from the phone. It's slick.

sounds slick. i have sprinklers too, and i need to overseed, wondering if i can just spread seed ( after aerating) or is it worth getting a slit seeder. good
time of year to do it. good luck, bet it comes out great.

Sea Dangles
09-20-2019, 10:48 AM
Great economy means the latest and greatest for the fortunate.

spence
09-20-2019, 10:49 AM
sounds slick. i have sprinklers too, and i need to overseed, wondering if i can just spread seed ( after aerating) or is it worth getting a slit seeder. good
time of year to do it. good luck, bet it comes out great.
I think it depends on the quality of your existing turf. If you have bare areas slice seeding might be better.

Jim in CT
09-20-2019, 10:51 AM
I think it depends on the quality of your existing turf. If you have bare areas slice seeding might be better.

no it’s good and thick, just needs a boost. i wasn’t sure if using a broadcast spreader would get the seed low enough to make contact with soil, because the existing grass is thick.

spence
09-20-2019, 10:55 AM
no it’s good and thick, just needs a boost. i wasn’t sure if using a broadcast spreader would get the seed low enough to make contact with soil, because the existing grass is thick.
If you haven't aerated in a while that would probably be good.

Jim in CT
09-20-2019, 10:58 AM
If you haven't aerated in a while that would probably be good.

thanks, enjoy the weekend, decent weather to work outside.

Higgie
09-20-2019, 11:21 AM
You need seed to soil contact for proper germination. Seabass and Albies for myself and a few buddies from wmass then work Sunday am and football all while prepping for the cutty open next weekend

MakoMike
09-20-2019, 01:28 PM
Got to be in NJ first thing Sunday morning so I guess I'll just stay in CT for the next two days.

The Dad Fisherman
09-20-2019, 02:59 PM
Roaming the streets of Baltimore this weekend, going to the Orioles game tonight with wife and daughter. Tomorrow poke around the Inner Harbor, maybe find a local brewery or two. Head home Sunday, hopefully in time to catch the 2nd half of the pats game

spence
09-20-2019, 03:21 PM
Roaming the streets of Baltimore this weekend, going to the Orioles game tonight with wife and daughter. Tomorrow poke around the Inner Harbor, maybe find a local brewery or two. Head home Sunday, hopefully in time to catch the 2nd half of the pats game
Stay safe, have heard it’s a #^&#^&#^&#^&hole and infested.

nightfighter
09-20-2019, 03:43 PM
You need seed to soil contact for proper germination. Seabass and Albies for myself and a few buddies from wmass then work Sunday am and football all while prepping for the cutty open next weekend

Tell me more about the cutty open.....

I am still struggling to walk well. Going to give PT a break for two weeks and see if swelling goes down. Doc's idea. Just stationary bike. Hip/pelvis is out of whack from compensating. Chiropractor gets back Monday. Just on the slow boat....

Celebrating the release of that POS Brown. Team decision makers were on an 11 day bender...

MakoMike
09-21-2019, 12:21 PM

Be careful the inner harbor area is not s safe as it once was. Take cabs or uber to/from Camden yards.

spence
09-22-2019, 10:47 AM
My god, the thatch.

JohnR
09-22-2019, 12:19 PM
Stay safe, have heard it’s a #^&#^&#^&#^&hole and infested.

It is - lived there for years. Good parts offset the bad but that bad is worse than the bads of Boston and PVD combined.