View Full Version : Shad

Clammer
11-16-2019, 07:53 AM
The guy next to me last night was upset because he couldn,t catch a shad small enough for live lining .
they were the largest I,ve seen in a long time .one was just over 22".:wall:

JohnR
11-16-2019, 08:12 AM
Dragon Shad?

piemma
11-16-2019, 08:44 AM
Years ago we use to fish the Great Island bridge and live line Shad in the channel. So there was this guy from CT who had a giant live well in his pickup. I saw him get a 61# Bass right on the corner of Champlin's.

Got Stripers
11-16-2019, 12:10 PM
I’ve caught some nice bass live lining hickory shad in the Westport River.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Clammer
11-16-2019, 03:46 PM
iVE WATCHED GUYS EVERY FALL AROUND WERE I,M FISHING .catch them & then run to a hole down river ><>

Duke41
11-18-2019, 09:08 AM
Clammer,

I got to believe the you very well may be the best and most knowledgeable fisherman in RI. Still chuckle when I think of your bait trick for trout. You are one sly fox.

RickBomba
11-18-2019, 12:08 PM
He towed a boat with a 63 Corvette. That alone should win the award for best (or most dedicated) fisherman in RI.

Clammer
11-18-2019, 12:32 PM
thanks guys . seriously , aside from all my crazy stuff ,,,I,ve paid attention & my dues & have tried to be descent at it while still respecting the water & the fisheries .
I believe if it wasn,t for the love of the water .I wouldn,t be here ///////////// so much comes down to respect of people , places & things >>>>>>>>> and for that I am forever thankful .
& yes its true that I may have learned a few [aces] along the way .

I remember JR & I were slinging eels one night & the usual spot was dead ….so I made a couple of different runs …….. We got to the last one .I told John . when I pull up close , you only have one short .bang, a nice 25# .. that was it for the night , a little later ,he said to me . dead serious …. we,ve never been here before .[JOHN} you had never been there before ……..kep the aces in your pocket ><><>

met a lot of great fisherman / humans on this site …………...always been thankful :kewl:

piemma
11-18-2019, 02:25 PM
thanks guys . seriously , aside from all my crazy stuff ,,,I,ve paid attention & my dues & have tried to be descent at it while still respecting the water & the fisheries .
I believe if it wasn,t for the love of the water .I wouldn,t be here ///////////// so much comes down to respect of people , places & things >>>>>>>>> and for that I am forever thankful .
& yes its true that I may have learned a few [aces] along the way .

I remember JR & I were slinging eels one night & the usual spot was dead ….so I made a couple of different runs …….. We got to the last one .I told John . when I pull up close , you only have one short .bang, a nice 25# .. that was it for the night , a little later ,he said to me . dead serious …. we,ve never been here before .[JOHN} you had never been there before ……..kep the aces in your pocket ><><>
met a lot of great fisherman / humans on this site …………...always been thankful :kewl:

Tide starts to drop at 8:00 PM, 2 hours later on the backside of a certain deserted island and BANG, BOOM, SMASH. And Clammer shows me how it's done from the boat before I had a boat!

Clammer
11-18-2019, 02:29 PM
&&&&& that was to get your mind off the [C} hope it worked for a bit ><<>,

piemma
11-19-2019, 04:23 AM
&&&&& that was to get your mind off the [C} hope it worked for a bit ><<>,

Oh, I remember Mike. Dark days in my mind for sure. It helped like you will never know.

Clammer
11-19-2019, 11:07 AM
that,s what true friends are for :angel:

piemma
11-19-2019, 11:34 AM
Indeed!

Jimbo
11-20-2019, 04:56 PM
Indeed! Indeed! and Indeed again. I'll relate that story to some I know. Clammer you're a good man. When I went through the {C} all I had was people telling me what I "should do" not one asked what I wanted to do. Of course wife and daughters were over protective, but outside that everyone wanted to tell me what was best for me. Wish I had a Clammer in NJ in my life back then to take my mind off things. What a great story! Jim

Clammer
11-20-2019, 06:06 PM
JIm , thankyou ……..I,m probably not a[good] man just a verage ones that has been there .
I watched my wife fight it for 7 years ..she may have lost but sge did it her way .…………… I,ve also had prostrate cancer twice & skin cancer surgery 3 times .but I was real fortunite with the initial bout with P/C ,it came at a time when this site was very active …………………..& I was lucky enough [while waiting to have my surgery to go to Cutty with a awesome crew from here...no time to dwell ……… & better yet .when I was recovering ……& still in diapers .I got to go again ……… sadly I didn,t bring enough backups to makeup for all the peeing I did with another much of crazy guys …………………. that,s what I miss .
sorry that ya didn,t have a great support system .S.B was mine because my wife was our main priorty & at the time she,ll was still fighting .
I,m truly glad I never saved much of amything for the goldern years ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Because they sure ain,t now :happy::happy: