View Full Version : Lomg shot - Anyone ever fish in Thailand?

Fish On
12-11-2019, 01:11 AM
I'll be spending a few days on the coast in Chonburi Thailand and was thinking about looking for a half day charter/head boat to take my 7 year old on. Anyone ever fish the Gulf of Thailand? Would be interested in what might be good to target for both fun and table fare.

https://fishingbooker.com/destinations/location/th/jomtien-beach-pattaya-changwat-chonburi-thailand

JohnR
12-11-2019, 09:10 AM
Never have been. Will move to main page for a little more eyes

wdmso
12-11-2019, 05:53 PM
Sounds like fun
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Pete F.
12-11-2019, 07:11 PM
I haven’t been to Thailand, one of my kids has but she doesn’t fish.
I looked up Chonburi Thailand fishing on you tube and while I didn’t see much on fishing the fish markets look really neat and I know my kids would have loved to walk thru one.

Fish On
12-11-2019, 11:23 PM
This is my 4th trip and though I've done snorkeling and spent significant time at the coast and on the water, I have yet to fish. Everyone in the family loves to eat fish and fish is a big part of the diet/culture in Thailand. The challenge is that fishing for sport is frowned upon in the buddhist culture (my brother-in-law and I and our kids are the only non-buddhists) and my son will only practice catch and release. Not sure how many more times I can go without at least wetting a line with my son. Probably wil just research it and look around and maybe wait for another trip where he and I can slip away for a half day.

We may not do any catching of fish but we'll sure be eating a lot of fish. Will try to at least make a trip to a fish market and take some pics.

Rappin Mikey
12-12-2019, 07:27 AM
You know what they say: One night in Bangkok and the world's your oyster!

Got Stripers
12-12-2019, 07:45 AM
If it was Clammer on that trip, he would have his head phones on high volume and playing would be Rush’s song titled A Passage to Bangkok.🚬🚬🚬🚬

piemma
12-13-2019, 07:05 AM
I've been there but I wasn't fishing.:nailem:

MakoMike
12-13-2019, 03:38 PM
Waded through the Mekong river in another lifetime, but I don't think that story would help you.

Zeal
12-17-2019, 11:29 AM
Never been but from others who have gone seem to notice a lot of catfish (what place doesn't have catfish though?).

Salt wise, seems like jacks are popular but if you are going offshore you'll probably run into tuna, sailfish, mahi etc.