View Full Version : Warwick Neck / Rocky Point Fishing Pier

JohnR
02-21-2020, 08:43 AM
The Warwick Neck / Rocky Point Fishing Pier is nearing completion.

This is what happens when the planners have only seen piers on Postcards.

I hope I am wrong but my take is this, unless there is something drastic still to be unveiled: There will be no fishing, no boating, no pets. We will need 10 feet of Global Warning inspired Sea Level rise to make that work for fishing. Of course at 5 feet of Global Warning inspired Sea Level rise Warwick Neck becomes an island, and all the debris from coastal housing will gum up the pier from fishing anyway. Until then, people will fall off those lowered railings trying to reach over to see how badly the fish has wrapped on the pylons. High Bridge / Pier Fishing is an art and can be done but your local family of four with little kids will be vastly screwed with anything beyond choggies.

Again, unless there are things we are unaware of, like lower floating sections (which raises different problems), this pier will be a hard fish for regular poeople.

ivanputski
02-21-2020, 10:01 AM
This is like when the "local concrete guy" told my town he can build the skatepark for cheaper than the guys who actually skate and build skateparks for a living...

When you have never taken part in the activity you are building something for, you end up with an unusable feature (like a 20 foot tall fishing dock)... and that isnt 50% saved, its 100% wasted

niko
02-21-2020, 11:26 AM
start selling bridge nets out of a van in the parking lot
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Clammer
02-21-2020, 12:27 PM
white buckets ><>:deadhorse:

Nebe
02-21-2020, 04:18 PM
Lol. Thank the american with disabilities act. My guess is that to qualify for government funding, the pier has to to be wheelchair accessible.

JohnR
02-21-2020, 04:39 PM
Lol. Thank the american with disabilities act. My guess is that to qualify for government funding, the pier has to to be wheelchair accessible.

Which is fine, and can easily (and should be) be engineered in

Clammer
02-21-2020, 06:49 PM
I don,t that gonna be a issue …….. they are suppose to make a water level dock for boats also ……….I can see it now .tie up to the floating dock & go have a day at the park ><><

basswipe
02-22-2020, 07:37 AM
I did a lot of pier fishing in coastal TX when I was stationed there and those were PIERS!The one at Rocky Point is going to be nothing more than a glorified scenic spot for picture taking.

I can remember fishing the Melville piers as a kid with my dad...that was a truly a great place to fish.We caught just about everything that swam in the bay from those piers.

MAKAI
02-22-2020, 12:45 PM
Nice spot to shoot up.
Then go steal something out of a car.

basswipe
02-22-2020, 01:37 PM
Nice spot to shoot up.
Then go steal something out of a car.
That too.