View Full Version : Danny question

bspice13
09-05-2003, 10:29 PM
I am trying to turn some danny plugs but I have a question about how to through drill. What is the best way to angle the hole through the nose? Thanks

Slipknot
09-06-2003, 07:25 AM
On a danny plug I like to drill the hole offset to the center in the front and in the middle in the back. To accomplish that I mark the spot on the front , then place the read center in my live center of my lathe and put the drill bit from the chuck which is in the turning end of the lathe into my offset mark. Now turn on the lathe and drill, then turn plug around and do the opposite. They should meet and line up , if they don't reach I just finish up with a handheld drill with a long enough bit of the same diameter.

If you don't drill them on a lathe then it's very hard to get consistant results unless you do it on a drill press the same way.

blackeye
09-06-2003, 12:06 PM
I usually will drill thru the back to about a half inch from the front-using my press-I mark the depth I wanna go on the drill bit. Once I get the lip on I mark where the loop hole will be and remove it and then will use a hand drill or a short bit on the press and angle it in to meet the center hole.

blackeye
09-06-2003, 12:08 PM
hey slip-my buddy told me there is a B&T in middleboro that sells eels in bulk-or by the pound. is it still there?

Slipknot
09-06-2003, 12:29 PM
Toms' Bait on rt. 28 , still there.
best shiners around also.

That method works too :btu: