View Full Version : it happend

StriperFreak
09-07-2003, 12:15 PM
hit the prop while coming off the trailer. Anything my dad should look for other than a new prop?... and to make a bad day even worse the pat are not doing well @ all!!!!!:af:

Van
09-08-2003, 07:48 AM
Depends on how hard it hit.
Try to determine of the shaft got bent. Thats much worse than the prop. Was the prop stainless or Al. If Al hopefully you are OK.
You can try to spin the shaft when the prop is off, but you really need to attach a surface micrometer and see if it was a wobble.

This is all based on experience (bad experience!)..:(

mrmacey
09-08-2003, 08:23 AM
a pencil in the end of the shaft and spin it if the pencil wobbles you might wanna have it looked at but We all ding the new boats sooner or later I know how it feels!!!:smash: :smash:

StriperFreak
09-08-2003, 12:00 PM
hey i'm at school i cant reply here i will reply when i get home.

Fly Rod
09-09-2003, 12:25 PM
Whacked my new aluminum prop while talking to a friend and not paying attention doing about one knot and got on the wrong side of bouy. :smash: :smash: :af: :af: chewed alittle off of one blade.

$80.00 later :smash: :smash: the prop is like new

Newboater
09-29-2003, 10:06 AM
Al prop? About $85.00 here in NH. As a new boater I am beginning to learn that it pays to go boating/fishing more than once in a location to learn that location. 4 trips and 2 props later, I am trying to heed my own words.

Refurbished al are great. Glad I didn't use stainless.

Aaarrghhh!

Van
09-29-2003, 10:08 AM
Another good idea is to investigate those rocky areas at low tide (from a distance) even take a pic to help when you go back at higher water.

Clammer
09-29-2003, 02:17 PM
AHHHHHHHHH its all part of the job :smash: ::smash: