View Full Version : Hey Got Stripers

schoolie monster
04-02-2001, 02:18 PM
What's up? Where did you go down south... I just read that the fish and weather weren't happenin', but I'm still interested in the where and what of your trip.

Last week, my wife and I (minus child) took a long weekend in Florida and hit the Indian River around Sebastian. We tageted redfish on the flats and in the mangroves and did pretty well. My photos came out kinda crappy and scanned worse, but the guide got some shots with his digital and is gonna email to me. I'll post 'em.

Anyways, I'd like to hear about your trip. Later.

Got Stripers
04-05-2001, 07:04 AM
Sorry, I didn't even see this post. I've been so damn busy playing catchup and keeping my brother-in-law in supplies for a fence project he's doing for me; I haven't had much chance to read the boards. The trip south was a bust, neither the guide or I could buy a hit. Too bad, because if the weather had warmed a week earlier, the guide said we could have averaged 50 fat smallies for the day.

It was on the Susquehanna, just north or the cooling towers at 3 mile Island, almost as pretty a spot as the Thames River...lol. I took a couple guide trips in Florida last year and they were great, but too far south (Marathon Key) to get into any Reds. Liked the pics you put up, those are a real pretty fish and a nice fighter from what I hear.

[img="http://www.rgsiroisco.com/fisherman.gif"]
Tight lines.