View Full Version : Maine hunting camps

MikeTLive
09-10-2003, 04:12 PM
My folks have 100 wooded acres in Charleston Maine
it is surrounded by many many more acres that is posted.
Deer run all over the place.

We let the locals hunt the land and have let friends stay there occasionally.

I am thinking of setting up a couple hunting camps on the property. Simple wooden cabins with fold down cots attached to the walls and a simple stove for heat.

no phone, electric , or water.

Probly dig a standard outhouse too.

Would anyone be interested in such accomodations?

Goose
09-10-2003, 06:36 PM
Maybe. will you be at M&D's on the 20th?

fishweewee
09-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Could this be an official S-B "Deer Leg?"

:laughs:

MikeTLive
09-11-2003, 06:01 AM
I'll be in Norwich, VT on the 20th with BoyScouts of America.
Do any of you folks rent camps? how much do you pay and for what?

Nhten
09-27-2003, 11:39 AM
I used to hunt and rent a camp up near Ellsworth ME and another over near Bangor.Cost me @ 100$ a week,,,I know the woods in those areas and had permission to hunt most of the places I wanted to hunt.Id be interested in hunting there again if the deal was good.Lots of big deer in those woods.The camps were nothing special,,just 4 walls ,,a couple bunkbeds ,a propane stove,a table w/4 chairs,and a wood stove for heat.The out house was an old porta pottey,not the most luxurious accomadations,but with the right group of guys,,,it was a great time.Keep us posted ,,,Id like to get back to Me in the next few years.

MikeTLive
09-27-2003, 03:00 PM
I am looking at plans for little cabins (large sheds)
based off of plywood dimensions. 8x12 or 12x16.
Big enough to hang cots and stick in a table and chair.
Like rustic outdoor hotel rooms but with an outhouse.
Carry-in/carry-out.

Built-in stove?

Fly Rod
09-27-2003, 04:28 PM
We don't rent camps. We generally stay at friends camps with all amenities for free.Our hunting area is around Sugar Loaf When we were younger we had only an out house and colemen laterns. It seems that as you get older you appreciate having indoor facilites. There is nothing like coming into a warm camp and being able to shower and watch T. V. And if that don't work you can always find a cheap motel

mikecc
09-27-2003, 06:46 PM
Don't know how I missed this one.
We use to got to Lincoln and hunt the Indian nation. but they started demanding to many things to hunt there land . have not been back in about 7 years.
I might be interested.Let me know what you come up with for prices and what size the cabin is and how many people would be on the property at one time.