View Full Version : Neil Young

Slingah
09-10-2003, 11:47 PM
Did anybody see Neil? I saw him tonite with Crazy Horse the sound was good but he did his new Greendale thing and I didn't know any of it. It was okay. To start things off I almost get in a beef with some jerk yelling at me to sit down on the first song. I turned around and politely gave him the bird. That of course made things worse. Then everybody started sitting so I turned around again and said some kind words.
Now I am restless, pissed and all I can think about is tearing this guys throat out.
He plays the set and I calm down.
Then they play like 4 songs I know and it is over. Some people were booing.
I thought the Greendale stuff was good but between big mouth and not knowing it I was a bit disappointed.
Opening act Emylou Harris was fantastic I did not know she was playing so it was a nice surprise. Her band kicked butt.
Any comments?
I can't give it a yea or ney just a eh.
And if you are too old or lazy to stand once in a while at a concert .......stay home or shut up.

MakoMike
09-11-2003, 06:41 AM
Sling,
I haven't gone, but I hear from everyone that went that his current tour sucks.

Gloucester2
09-11-2003, 08:09 AM
Who's Neil Young :p

HighTide
09-11-2003, 08:59 AM
Saw Neil at Great Woods earlier this year. I didn't hear anythimg about his Greendale stuff until two days before the show, I was like WTF is this? Needless to say I thought it was pretty good, maybe the bad reviews influenced me.

Talk about Bigmouth, theres one at every show. Clappy the Clown sat about three rows behind me. You know the guy, hands as big as catchers mitts, neverending slow monotonous clapping, annoyed the f**k out of me:mad:

What were the last four songs?

Rappin Mikey
09-11-2003, 09:33 AM
Bruce Barry is a friend of mine he used to love that economi.

Johnny C
09-11-2003, 10:18 AM
I did not know about the glendale thing until I walked into the show.
I thought it was cool, not what I was expecting, but cool. Only neil could pull that off.....
The end of the show rocked... I think if the entire show was that hardcore I would not have made it to work today.
FYI...24 oz beers at the show made it better.

Slingah
09-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Guess I was still a tad bit angry when I wrote that last nite.
High Tide he played 6, I only knew MY MY Hey Hey, Powder finger, cinnimon girl and Keep on rocking in a free world.
The band were great the sound was good, I was just too preoccupied to enjoy it. The end did kick. Everybody wants to hear their favorites.

CAL
09-11-2003, 06:31 PM
What's this Greendale?

Slingah
09-11-2003, 06:39 PM
It's a story acted out on the stage with actors doing the stuff Neil is singing about.

shallow hal
09-11-2003, 10:34 PM
i heard back on the radio the other day that Neal was in the same band with Rick James --"the superfreak" back in the 60's. UN FRICKEN BELEIVABLE

CAL
09-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Slingah
It's a story acted out on the stage with actors doing the stuff Neil is singing about.

That's just plain stupid.

Neil should be on the stage by himself with a guitar, a piano and a harmonica, that's it. Oh to be on Sugar Mountain