View Full Version : Anyone Fish the Full Moon

rwilhelm
09-11-2003, 06:53 AM
Wondering how you did if you fished last night. I am curious because I have heard some say they love fishing a full moon and others say they don' t like it.

JohnR
09-11-2003, 09:31 AM
I like it with cloud cover :) ... Nah I fished it before sunset and I fished it for Bluefish from the shore...

mrmacey
09-11-2003, 09:58 AM
Had alot of fun watching Gotstripers catching fish on his rubber Grubs he really is a pro with those rubber lures "SLIP" lobb the eels out there and then let the fish help you set the hook LOL! "DUCK SLIPS GETTING A HIT" FLYING EEL MISSILES! but we all had a safe night and caught some fish I really dont like that big full moon I think that spot produces better on a nite with no moon the darker the better but was a beautiful night out there clammer went over to that spot you told us about "BLUES" I think you do that on purpose try and get guys into your bluefish spots thinking we might catch them all so next time you go they wont be there lol! headed back north and I finally broke the ice with a nice striper we thought we found them then nothing! almost bought the farm coming home a van parked right in the middle of 24 no hazards or blinkers on thanks slip for yelling cause I was going into him if you didnt say something knuckle heads!!:smash:

Clammer
09-11-2003, 10:07 AM
sounds like another mr macy adventure trip:D :D

Mr. Sandman
09-11-2003, 10:25 AM
Saw my first sign of fall 2 days ago....big schoold of med bass feeding hard during the day inside the big bridge. Everyone caught a few keepers. It was wild for a some time. Bass comming completely out of the water in mid air. Bait everywhere. All this a couple feet from shore in 5' of water at 4:30-6:30.

Later they moved inside the pond to chase the baby 3-4" herring in there.

jugstah
09-11-2003, 10:33 AM
I fished the buzzards bay side of the entrance up by the lighthouse before nightfall, and i caught a pair of nice big blues, one of which left my arms quivering in fatigue... and a few sea-bass and some sharks...

it was a good day of fishing... and it was beautiful watching the moon come up while heading in...

-Dan:D

Bill L
09-11-2003, 10:58 AM
Yup, and it was WORTH it :D

jugstah
09-11-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by toonoc
Yup, and it was WORTH it :D

Every penny of it, and then some more... :)