View Full Version : Question about Keep Alive bait tanks.

Patrick
04-04-2001, 02:22 AM
How many gallons is that tank?
What is the hook up? Is that specifically for a lighter plug or to wire it in with a car's electric system?

I'm looking to keep some eels on the outside of my house and I'm wondering if I could use a 120 volt plug.

How many eels do you think I could keep in there? My mom said I can't keep it indoors. She hates eels!

Also, what should I feed them? We have a lot of killies in the estuary. Think those would be good food?

God I would love to be able to use that tank to keep snapper blues or small shad or peanuts alive but I have no way to carry that thing to the beach.

Oh yeah. If anyone has another idea for something I could keep eels in for a lengthy bit of time, please tell me. I would use eels more often but that requires a trip to the tackle store and that's in the opposite direction. I figure I could just run down there, pick up a couple dozen and throw them in the tank.

Oh yeah, how fast do these buggers grow? If I don't use them in a week, will they grow up to be 3 feet?

mikecc
04-04-2001, 07:25 AM
The Keep alive Systems come in 10 ,20 & 30 Gallons and pump sizes in 460GPH Floater. 460 Suction mount and 1100GPH suction mount.
They come with battery clips and are 12V.
When I need to use it at home and no battery is available I use a battery charger and clip the terminals together.

For eels you would not need any more than the 460. If using it for herring I would go with the 1100 with the super filter. change 1/3 of the water per day and use foam off.and if using town water make sure that you use holding chemical.
The color of the Keep Alive tanks will turn the eels a white color .I would go with a 55 Gallon black drum and cut to desired size.

The pumps come with a small air control valve for use in other tanks.