View Full Version : Anyone on the right watching the hearings?

Got Stripers
06-21-2022, 02:41 PM
Hard to believe Trump and his hard core Trumpets are still to this day claiming massive voter fraud. The more I watch the more I think Trump could be charged, along with a couple of his green bay sweep idiots. Trump is the most bumbling criminal and his advisers are almost as stupid, it's one thing to attempt a crime, but to admit on tape exactly what you are attempting is so stupid. Ok Jim, take it away and yes I already fear this global economic problem will likely cost us in November. I hope enough independents or old school republicans are tuning in or at least making an attempt to look at the evidence being presented.

wdmso
06-21-2022, 03:31 PM
I have , it’s still amazing to see the GOPs denial . It ever happened
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PaulS
06-21-2022, 03:50 PM
There will come a day when Donald Trump is gone, but your dishonor will remain

Got Stripers
06-21-2022, 04:00 PM
The problem is the nuts are running for local offices and even admit what the end game is, I fear it was in fact just a training exercise. Might work if they get the right people elected from the bottom up.

spence
06-21-2022, 04:34 PM
I thought this whole thing was really bad but watching a lot of the hearings it was a massive criminal conspiracy unlike we've ever seen.

wdmso
06-21-2022, 04:39 PM
'You’re asking me to do something that’s never been done in history — the history of the United States.

Arizona House Speaker Russell “Rusty” Bowers (R)

He’ll be dismissed as a Rino by the cult

spence
06-21-2022, 04:47 PM
'You’re asking me to do something that’s never been done in history — the history of the United States.

Arizona House Speaker Russell “Rusty” Bowers (R)

He’ll be dismissed as a Rino by the cult
A RINO? He's a serious right winger and the MAGA crowd had a campaign claiming he was a pedophile.

PaulS
06-21-2022, 05:41 PM
If we didn't already know how sleazy Trump & Giuliani are it would be shocking to hear how they treated the poll workers.

wdmso
06-21-2022, 07:46 PM
A RINO? He's a serious right winger and the MAGA crowd had a campaign claiming he was a pedophile.

It’s the new GOP play book

wdmso
06-21-2022, 07:54 PM
Go to newsmax it’s the MAGA cult go to safe space , not a single mention of any testimony from those Republicans who spoke today. The closest was this nonsense

Retired constitutional law professor Alan Dershowitz told Newsmax on Tuesday that to be credible, witnesses must always be cross-examined, and that none of the Jan. 6 committee hearing witnesses has been.

''As a professor of criminal law for many years, and as one of the most experienced litigators, never believe anyone who is not cross-examined,'' Dershowitz

wdmso
06-22-2022, 08:05 AM
The coward who refused to testify under oath and who might be the head of the judicial committee

Rep. Jordan to Newsmax: Jan. 6 Committee Can't Have Seriousness of Investigation Go Both Ways

On newsmax of course.

wdmso
06-23-2022, 03:29 PM
Jim we need you a RR to explain away what’s happening in the Jan 6th hearing and the clear conspiracy unfolding . And how it’s a lie and Jan 6th was just a bunch of thugs who acted alone

But I get why you’re all in on but but Biden and see inflation a bigger threat against Americans then Trump and Republicans trying to steal the election and install Trump who clearly was being lead by the nose as a puppet by members of the Republican Party

Because we all know he’s not smart enough to plan this on his own!

Got Stripers
06-23-2022, 03:43 PM
Wow is all I can say about the crazy steps this group of anarchists were attempting and normally Jim feels compelled to defend the right at every turn, but he hasn’t voiced his impression of these hearings on this thread. RR I’m sure isn’t watching and will continue to believe the election was stolen, just like he believes Biden is controlling the global oil market.

wdmso
06-23-2022, 05:47 PM
You would think Trump supporters after a years of watching Matt Lock Hawaii 5/0 Hill street blues and the Rockford Files.. they would be able to connect the dots honestly..

But they also must have watched a lot of Fantasy Island , and lived in a house with lead paint ?

I can’t explain the complete denial of the facts around this event ..

And would love to hear a reasonable counter argument to why they think Trump didn’t lie and how this isn’t a concern for America

Other than right wing talking points and the usual their Rinos

PaulS
06-23-2022, 06:02 PM
Don't forget that Republicans want to put Jim Jordan on the committee. The same guy who we now know asked Trump for a pardon.

Jim in CT
06-23-2022, 06:45 PM
Don't forget that Republicans want to put Jim Jordan on the committee. The same guy who we now know asked Trump for a pardon.

he’s a jerk.

scottw
06-24-2022, 03:52 AM
just like he believes Biden is controlling the global oil market.

doesn't appear as though Biden is controlling anything....

scottw
06-24-2022, 03:55 AM
I can’t explain the complete denial of the facts around this event ..

I know right, it's so bad that the dems have had to cut and paste and selectively edit and omit to create a one-sided narrative in order to make a case...you'd think that would not be necessary given the "facts"...it great to know that at least three people are watching:laugha:

Got Stripers
06-24-2022, 04:30 AM
I know right, it's so bad that the dems have had to cut and paste and selectively edit and omit to create a one-sided narrative in order to make a case...you'd think that would not be necessary given the "facts"...it great to know that at least three people are watching:laugha:

Oh yup one sided, oh wait, there were a ton of republicans testifying. Your side voted against even having an investigation and now it’s crystal clear why they didn’t want all this out in the open.

wdmso
06-24-2022, 07:35 AM

Your snorting to much MAGA dust

Please explain the OTHER sides explaining of what happened what would those facts look like Scott seeing you are claiming you Know ?

so these people under oath? Most who were Republicans have told you what they saw who they saw have direct knowledge, unquestionably integrity And Trump picked

And who is stopping these others from under oath going in front of the committee and setting the record straight and answer the questions

But we know they claim the 5th some over 100 time or asked for pardons

But it’s the Dems trying to cast a 1 sided narrative

Again what is the response to this narrative . you claim those you clearly support have the answers to dispute what’s been presented

So in your world all the people who have spoken to the committee suddenly started lying and on in this grand conspiracy to destroy Trump..and their testimony has been edited to leave out what

We all are waiting your detailed response.

PaulS
06-28-2022, 02:51 PM
To see Flynn - a retired three-star general who swore an oath to defend the country and the Constitution plead the Fifth when asked if he believed in the peaceful transfer of power in America is stunning.

wdmso
06-28-2022, 03:11 PM
To see Flynn - a retired three-star general who swore an oath to defend the country and the Constitution plead the Fifth when asked if he believed in the peaceful transfer of power in America is stunning.

Just look who isn’t posting here with substance .or information to dispute what’s being presented with out it being a conspiracy

But mention abortion Maxine waters pedo showers trans gender and and suddenly they have all the answers and opinions..

Got Stripers
06-28-2022, 03:12 PM
We all knew Trump was a spoiled child, boy this afternoon really shows what a nut he was, true presidential behavior haha.

PaulS
06-28-2022, 03:44 PM
I guess it's more important to comment on somebody not unclipping their shoes from their bike Clips which is very common for bicyclist and falling over then it is the comment on a president losing control of himself and trying to grab the wheel of a limo or throwing plates and food against the wall.

Jim in CT
06-28-2022, 04:53 PM
I guess it's more important to comment on somebody not unclipping their shoes from their bike Clips which is very common for bicyclist and falling over then it is the comment on a president losing control of himself and trying to grab the wheel of a limo or throwing plates and food against the wall.

When Biden is spoon-fed Gerbers baby food, he can't throw food or plates against a wall.

Trump is a jerk and short-fused, vindictive narcissist. We know this. How many times a day do you need to hear it?

I'll also say I don't especially care. I care about moral character when it comes to my wife, my kids, their friends, etc. The guy who installed the air bags in my minivan? I don't give a rat's azz if he's the biggest jerk who ever lived, I just don't. I care that he does his job well. I view the POTUS same way when it comes to throwing a temper tantrum. January 6 is a very different story.

PaulS
06-28-2022, 05:04 PM
But yet you constantly commented on Bill Clinton correct? So what was it you were lying then when you said you wanted the president to show morals or are you lying now? Can't have it both ways. That's the problem with having an immoral person as your parties nominee.

PaulS
06-28-2022, 05:23 PM
And go take your kids tomorrow night to see Max Scherzer pitch against the yard goats in Hartford. Weather should be great and it should be a lot of fun

Jim in CT
06-28-2022, 05:30 PM
But yet you constantly commented on Bill Clinton correct? So what was it you were lying then when you said you wanted the president to show morals or are you lying now? Can't have it both ways. That's the problem with having an immoral person as your parties nominee.
i voted for bill clinton and still say he was a good president. i only bring up his character to liberals who clutch their pearls at Trumps transgressions, when for 8 years ( and since then really) the left ignored his transgressions.
It would be nice if we had one set of standards and applied them
equally. lots of hypocrisy on both sides.

Show me the hypocrisy there. I don’t care about my presidents personal
ethics. I care that he makes our lives better. Same with the CEO of my company.

Jim in CT
06-28-2022, 05:31 PM
And go take your kids tomorrow night to see Max Scherzer pitch against the yard goats in Hartford. Weather should be great and it should be a lot of fun

now, that’s what we should
discuss. thanks!!

wdmso
06-28-2022, 07:45 PM
Trump is a jerk and short-fused, vindictive narcissist. We know this. How many times a day do you need to hear it?

But Jan 6th isn’t about those character flaws .. even I could live with those short comings

But You left out seditious scumbag criminal , Liar all while as POTUS American 1st my ass He deserves a blind fold but I will take a prison sentence or even let’s deport him we have illegals risking their life’s who love America for what it stands for! More than he does

Jim in CT
06-28-2022, 08:31 PM

But Jan 6th isn’t about those character flaws .. even I could live with those short comings

But You left out seditious scumbag criminal , Liar all while as POTUS American 1st my ass He deserves a blind fold but I will take a prison sentence or even let’s deport him we have illegals risking their life’s who love America for what it stands for! More than he does

i said “January 6 is a very different story.”. takes his flaws to a new level. do you have to argue with me, even when i’m agreeing with you? are you actually a 5 year-old?

Jim in CT
06-28-2022, 08:36 PM

foxnews reporting ( for what it’s worth) that secret service agents are ready to testify that he never lunged for the steering wheel.

Got Stripers
06-29-2022, 04:31 AM
If foxNOTnews reported it you can take it to the bank.

Jim in CT
06-29-2022, 04:39 AM
If foxNOTnews reported it you can take it to the bank.

good one.

Got Stripers
06-29-2022, 04:42 AM
i said “January 6 is a very different story.”. takes his flaws to a new level. do you have to argue with me, even when i’m agreeing with you? are you actually a 5 year-old?

Your view of the 6th is so narrow. Trump is the head of the snake, but cutting off the head doesn’t kill the problem, it’s an ongoing attempt today to regain power by any means. When top officials, even decorated generals and maybe down the road with local AG’s willing to participate can negate American votes to get what they want it’s an American problem.

Jim in CT
06-29-2022, 04:59 AM
Your view of the 6th is so narrow. Trump is the head of the snake, but cutting off the head doesn’t kill the problem, it’s an ongoing attempt today to regain power by any means. When top officials, even decorated generals and maybe down the road with local AG’s willing to participate can negate American votes to get what they want it’s an American problem.

that’s sinister, all right.

PaulS
06-29-2022, 07:12 AM
foxnews reporting ( for what it’s worth) that secret service agents are ready to testify that he never lunged for the steering wheel.

saw that. interesting.

wdmso
06-29-2022, 07:32 AM

I agreed with you on your statement he had flaws

But you continue to drag your feet on what Trump and those around him actually did and what their wanted outcome was .. it was their wish their plan their conspiracy to over turn a National election

It’s no where near taking his flaws to the next level .

It was an attack on the United sates of America by the sitting POTUS against all Americans even his faithful who are just upset it didn’t work …

Ps any 5 year old would know that

You like many of his supporters just can’t find the words or accept the reality you’ve been played by a Conman .. and if some how he still able to run and get the nomination

You and many others will vote for him again .. sounding like heroin addicts , ya I hate this about heroin or that but I’ll do it again it feels great . Then not understand why people look at you differently

wdmso
06-29-2022, 07:38 AM
saw that. interesting.

Wow that’s interesting now Fox and the MAGA universe believe the the secret services Aka deep state will testify

But will never in a thousand years will the ask even suggest Trump or any of those refusing to testify should !

I hope the testimony includes one response I plead the 5th

So I can watch MAGA heads explode all at once

Ps I would also think the committee had more than one account of this incident , before releasing it . But you never know

scottw
06-29-2022, 07:56 AM
Wow that’s interesting now Fox and the MAGA universe believe the the secret services Aka deep state will testify

NATIONAL

CBS News: Limo driver, SS agent willing to testify before Jan. 6 committee to refute aide's claims

NBC's chief White House correspondent: "A source close to the Secret Service tells me both Bobby Engel, the lead agent, and the presidential limousine/SUV driver are prepared to testify under oath that neither man was assaulted and that Mr. Trump never lunged for the steering wheel."

A Secret Service official familiar with the matter told CNN that Tony Ornato denies telling Cassidy Hutchinson that the former president grabbed the steering wheel or an agent on his detail.

Jim in CT
06-29-2022, 08:18 AM
saw that. interesting.

even if that detail was wrong, there’s a lot there that should, at a minimum, prevent him from ever running again. that’s just one small piece of the puzzle.

Also, we can’t make the game tonight, but i do appreciate the suggestion. One time i took them all to a yard goat game to see Vladimir Guerrero Jr, . and when the new britain rock cats were still a minor league team, my oldest ( who was maybe 8-9 at the time) used to talk to Trevor Story before the games. We went every week to a home game, Story would
come over and say hello to my son by name.

Minor league baseball is an absolute treasure.

Jim in CT
06-29-2022, 08:19 AM
NATIONAL

CBS News: Limo driver, SS agent willing to testify before Jan. 6 committee to refute aide's claims

NBC's chief White House correspondent: "A source close to the Secret Service tells me both Bobby Engel, the lead agent, and the presidential limousine/SUV driver are prepared to testify under oath that neither man was assaulted and that Mr. Trump never lunged for the steering wheel."

A Secret Service official familiar with the matter told CNN that Tony Ornato denies telling Cassidy Hutchinson that the former president grabbed the steering wheel or an agent on his detail.

CNN is just a bunch of MAGA Trumplicans, don’t you know that?

Pete F.
06-29-2022, 08:55 AM
The steering wheel anecdote is immaterial, Donald Trump intended to personally invade the Capitol with an armed mob on January 6 to thwart Congress.

RIROCKHOUND
06-29-2022, 09:28 AM
The steering wheel anecdote is immaterial, Donald Trump intended to personally invade the Capitol with an armed mob on January 6 to thwart Congress.

On this I agree with Pete...
I dont care about that, the throwing food.

Listen, she might be flat out lying (I think unlikely). Or her hearsay was incorrect (possible)

But until the agents testify, or this is otherwise corroborated, she was under oath and the other is an unnamed source saying the secret service guys will testify.

Much of the rest of her testimony should be easily cleared up if Meadows testifies... He must be too busy voting illegally from his rented trailer...

Pete F.
06-29-2022, 10:00 AM
WH counsel Pat Cippollone had significant concerns regarding Trump’s Jan 6 activities. It’s time for Mr. Cippollone to testify on the record. Any concerns he has about the institutional interests of his prior office are outweighed by the need for his testimony.
Given Cippollone’s vocal concern that Trump was engaging in/about to engage in conduct that would get them “charged with every crime imaginable,” it seems that, any executive privilege would be subject to the crime-fraud exception — by his own admission.

wdmso
06-29-2022, 10:03 AM
Just like a true cult the Trump supporters come out of the wood work to use this 1 example to discredit all the testimony to date …. It’s the only reason they even posted in this thread..

That’s how a cult works . as the source of their believe gets disproved their is no admission they were wrong or mislead they just move to the next lifeboat they can find …. Which is this one event never happened so now everything is a lie .. and this proves it … And if it’s not a cult which I doubt it’s Stockholm syndrome ! is a condition in which hostages develop a psychological bond with their captors during captivity.

Jim in CT
06-29-2022, 10:10 AM
Just like a true cult the Trump supporters come out of the wood work to use this 1 example to discredit all the testimony to date …. It’s the only reason they even posted in this thread..

That’s how a cult works . as the source of their believe gets disproved their is no admission they were wrong or mislead they just move to the next lifeboat they can find …. Which is this one event never happened so now everything is a lie .. and this proves it … And if it’s not a cult which I doubt it’s Stockholm syndrome ! is a condition in which hostages develop a psychological bond with their captors during captivity.

You said babies feel no pain in the womb, and that Republicans are celebrating the deaths of Mexican immigrants.

Whos the deranged cult member, Wayne?

Pete F.
06-29-2022, 12:43 PM
Fox News's Martha MacCallum defends Trump because smashing lunches against the wall is not "wholly out of character" for him and "there's a lot of people out there who obviously shared his feelings of frustration"

wdmso
06-30-2022, 02:53 AM
You said babies feel no pain in the womb, and that Republicans are celebrating the deaths of Mexican immigrants.

Whos the deranged cult member, Wayne?

you claimed babies feel pain and fight back during an abortion . Then posted a letter to the editor as proof .. all I did was dispute your claims

And if you don’t think Some Republicans are privately suggesting those people got what they deserved. You really don’t pay attention to conservatives. Fellow unarmed Americans killed by police and conservatives response . Play stupid games win stupid prizes ..

But still no rational explanation of Trumps attempts to the 1 who actually tried to steal an election via Fraud

If you do see it as a cult what to you call all These Americans denial of what Trump and those around him clearly attempted to do?

Got to go. Fishing now

Jim in CT
06-30-2022, 05:30 AM
you claimed babies feel pain and fight back during an abortion . Then posted a letter to the editor as proof .. all I did was dispute your claims

And if you don’t think Some Republicans are privately suggesting those people got what they deserved. You really don’t pay attention to conservatives. Fellow unarmed Americans killed by police and conservatives response . Play stupid games win stupid prizes ..

But still no rational explanation of Trumps attempts to the 1 who actually tried to steal an election via Fraud

If you do see it as a cult what to you call all These Americans denial of what Trump and those around him clearly attempted to do?

Got to go. Fishing now

i didn’t claim that. OB/GYNs are claiming it.

why do they use anesthesia in the womb, when operating on unborn babies? tell me why?

why did doctors spank babies immediately after birth? how did doctors presume that spanking would trigger crying? why won’t you answer that question?

“play stupid games win stupid prizes” is nowhere near the same as celebrating death. it’s explaining death.

Jim in CT
06-30-2022, 05:32 AM

pure wayne gibberish right there.

Raider Ronnie
06-30-2022, 09:54 AM
White House: The border is closed

American People: We have eyes... it's not

wdmso
06-30-2022, 10:05 AM
i didn’t claim that. OB/GYNs are claiming it.

why do they use anesthesia in the womb, when operating on unborn babies? tell me why?

why did doctors spank babies immediately after birth? how did doctors presume that spanking would trigger crying? why won’t you answer that question?

“play stupid games win stupid prizes” is nowhere near the same as celebrating death. it’s explaining death.

wow you really need a hobby.. a baby can breath Air jim. and it isn't a fetus a fetus cant breath air before 24 weeks.. on its own

play stupid games win stupid prizes” is nowhere near the same as celebrating death. it’s explaining death. is that what that is explaining death not blaming those who died ? ok

To bad you aren't as knowledgeable about treason sedition or and how stealing an election in unamerican.. As you are on abortion .. why is that?

Jim in CT
06-30-2022, 10:33 AM

wow you really need a hobby.. a baby can breath Air jim. and it isn't a fetus a fetus cant breath air before 24 weeks.. on its own

play stupid games win stupid prizes” is nowhere near the same as celebrating death. it’s explaining death. is that what that is explaining death not blaming those who died ? ok

To bad you aren't as knowledgeable about treason sedition or and how stealing an election in unamerican.. As you are on abortion .. why is that?

what is it about being spanked, that made doctors know it would
make babies cry? It hurts. And they can feel pain. So either that’s proof the unborn can also feel
pain, or the ability to feel
pain starts the nanosecond after being born, which not even you are crazy enough to say.

thats proof they can feel pain. then only question is starting when?

Got Stripers
07-12-2022, 05:59 AM
I’m sure you guys all have your DVR set to record todays hearing, I know Bannon is hoping he could have been invited, because he is really seeing the inside of a small jail cell in his dreams with his trial starting next week. Should be interesting to hear (well for anyone really interested in getting to the truth) about the coordination heading into the attack and who knew what and when.

wdmso
07-12-2022, 02:18 PM
Elon Musk responded to Donald Trump's recent criticism by saying it was time for the former president to "hang up his hat & sail into the sunset."

Musk was Trumps savior when he was going to buy Twitter now in classic Trump and his cults behavior they attacked Musk …. Another person from Hero to zero for not bending the knee in front of Trump.

To include anyone who testified in front of the Jan 6th committee…

Yet the faithful still think Trump won the election and had no part in this seditious conspiracy, and that some how all this information and actions by all these different players are just some random coincidence fabricated by the Democratic’s And would still vote for this seditious scumbag But even more disturbing is the Entire GOP are keeping their heads firmly planted in the sand putting their political futures, before what’s best for the United states of America . Living up to their name as the party of NO. Who would rather stay silent then face or even worse tell their voters the TRUTH

Pete F.
07-12-2022, 02:24 PM
Gosh, it sure looks like the former guy intended to and did foment violence on January 6, 2021.

Pete F.
07-12-2022, 02:35 PM
WH logs indicate these members attended a Dec. 21 WH meeting, per Murphy:

Babin, Biggs, Gaetz, Gohmert, Gosar, Harris, Hice, Jordan and Perry + Rep-elect Greene.

scottw
07-12-2022, 02:49 PM
wayne is ranting a lot...somebody check his blood pressure:hihi:

scottw
07-12-2022, 02:50 PM
WH logs indicate these members attended a Dec. 21 WH meeting, per Murphy:

Babin, Biggs, Gaetz, Gohmert, Gosar, Harris, Hice, Jordan and Perry + Rep-elect Greene.

was this the Christmas party?

Pete F.
07-12-2022, 05:25 PM
was this the Christmas party?

I guess if you’re really foolish you could think that

According to white house visitor logs: Biggs, Gaetz, Gohmert, Gosar, Harris, Hice, Jordan, Perry, and Greene were at the 12/21 meeting. These MoC were discussing the "Eastman theory".

CIPOLLONE CONFIRMED ALL OF THIS in his testimony that the Eastman theory had no validity.

Pete F.
07-12-2022, 05:42 PM
I don’t always have a scotch and smoke a cigar, but when I do, it’s because the former President of the United States has clearly tried to direct a coup, committed all kinds of felonies, betrayed the constitution, and been derelict in his duty.

scottw
07-12-2022, 05:47 PM
I don’t always have a scotch and smoke a cigar, but when I do, it’s because the former President of the United States has clearly tried to direct a coup, committed all kinds of felonies, betrayed the constitution, and been derelict in his duty.

that's funny...I just overheard Lester Holt and the folks at NBC lamenting that legal experts doubt there is enough evidence to convict trump or for the AG to appoint a special counsel....but I'm rooting for you pete!!!...

Pete F.
07-12-2022, 06:04 PM
Trump tried to call a witness. The witness passed it on to their lawyer & the committee forwarded the information to DOJ. Former presidents are no more entitled to break the law by witness tampering than any other citizen.

& only the guilty try to tamper with witnesses.

scottw
07-12-2022, 07:11 PM
Trump tried to call a witness. The witness passed it on to their lawyer & the committee forwarded the information to DOJ. Former presidents are no more entitled to break the law by witness tampering than any other citizen.

& only the guilty try to tamper with witnesses.

maybe he butt dialed them by accident

Nebe
07-12-2022, 08:00 PM

Totally plausible. His ass is tremendous.

Pete F.
07-12-2022, 09:03 PM
You simply can't presume that Trump was trying to call a witness to intimidate them or suborn perjury. He could have been planning to sexually harass them, share racial slurs, or solicit assistance in obstructing justice in a completely unrelated matter.

scottw
07-13-2022, 04:19 AM
so trump guilty of possibly dialing someone but never talking to them about something that was never discussed and biden not guilty of actually calling someone and actually leaving a message about something he actually promised he never actually discussed....got it:kewl:

Pete F.
07-13-2022, 05:10 AM
Your reminder that witness tampering is a criminal offense even if the attempt to tamper is unsuccessful.

scottw
07-13-2022, 06:01 AM
Your reminder that witness tampering is a criminal offense even if the attempt to tamper is unsuccessful.

good luck :rotflmao:

Pete F.
07-13-2022, 12:10 PM
Republicans are currently going on Fox to try to intimidate Merrick Garland, threatening to investigate and impeach him if they take power.

They know indictments are coming—and there’s nothing they can do about it. They are only digging their holes deeper.

Jim in CT
07-13-2022, 02:00 PM
Republicans are currently going on Fox to try to intimidate Merrick Garland, threatening to investigate and impeach him if they take power.

They know indictments are coming—and there’s nothing they can do about it. They are only digging their holes deeper.

yes, the gop is in a deep, dark hole pete. the democrats are gonna win big in november.

Pete F.
07-13-2022, 02:23 PM
yes, the gop is in a deep, dark hole pete. the democrats are gonna win big in november.

Republicans have no plan to tackle inflation. But they do have a plan to increase your costs by ending Social Security, eliminating Medicare and raising your taxes.

Pete F.
07-13-2022, 02:30 PM

Wonder where Scott gets this info?

Newsmax host: Trump's call to January 6 witness may have just been a “butt dial”

scottw
07-13-2022, 02:42 PM
Wonder where Scott gets this info?

Newsmax host: Trump's call to January 6 witness may have just been a “butt dial”

I've never watched it couldn't name a host there but you added to your long list of wrong :jester:...good job

Pete F.
07-13-2022, 02:42 PM
I've never watched it couldn't name a host there but you added to your long list of wrong :jester:...good job

Sure, Jan

Pete F.
07-14-2022, 01:14 PM
How is it that Marjorie Taylor Greene, a not yet sworn-in Congressperson, came to have a meeting at the White House w/ the President of the United States?

Why did Trump place so much importance on a person who was not yet an office holder and never before held any public office?

scottw
07-16-2022, 07:30 PM
this is going to disappoint you pete....

January 6 Committee’s Bid to Prove Trump Criminally Liable for Violence Falls Short
By ANDREW C. MCCARTHY
If anything, the panel has bolstered Trump’s defense rather than undermining it.

Got Stripers
07-17-2022, 05:42 AM
You must be quoting a blind, deaf and dumb man; only someone fitting that description can’t see the criminal leading the attempt to interfere with a government proceeding and the transfer of power. Or you are a cult member, which are you?

scottw
07-17-2022, 05:49 AM
You must be quoting a blind, deaf and dumb man; only someone fitting that description can’t see the criminal leading the attempt to interfere with a government proceeding and the transfer of power.

I guess we'll see won't we? :uhuh:

wdmso
07-17-2022, 09:56 AM
You must be quoting a blind, deaf and dumb man; only someone fitting that description can’t see the criminal leading the attempt to interfere with a government proceeding and the transfer of power. Or you are a cult member, which are you?

Scott like many of the faithful condone Trump and his minions attempts to overturn a National election!

They are disappointed it didn’t seceded . Man before country , truth and facts need not apply .

But they call Democratic’s and liberals communist supporters or marxists even authoritarian

Yet the only places I have seen political parties stealing election , wishing to arrest and charge political opponents and attempted coup forcing religious views on their people like trump and the GOP just all happen to be

Every Communists,socialist, authoritarian fascist regimes on the planet thru history …

But like I said facts and actually actions will never sway the The Trump supporter cult of personality

Even now the MAGA a cult want the GOP to investigate people out of a payback mentality not that an actual crime was committed but any conspiracy will do.. (HUNTER) to please the base if he runs as he claims , when he loses again ! Will they beat the fraud drum again ? Whom and what will they blame this time ? W

scottw
07-17-2022, 11:08 AM
Scott like many of the faithful condone Trump and his minions attempts to overturn a National election!

They are disappointed it didn’t seceded . Man before country , truth and facts need not apply .

But they call Democratic’s and liberals communist supporters or marxists even authoritarian

Yet the only places I have seen political parties stealing election , wishing to arrest and charge political opponents and attempted coup forcing religious views on their people like trump and the GOP just all happen to be

Every Communists,socialist, authoritarian fascist regimes on the planet thru history …

But like I said facts and actually actions will never sway the The Trump supporter cult of personality

Even now the MAGA a cult want the GOP to investigate people out of a payback mentality not that an actual crime was committed but any conspiracy will do.. (HUNTER) to please the base if he runs as he claims , when he loses again ! Will they beat the fraud drum again ? Whom and what will they blame this time ? W

this is comical....C+ for effort

Pete F.
07-17-2022, 12:07 PM

WH Chief of Staff Mike Lindell, Attorney General Sydney Powell, Sec. of Defence Mike Flynn, Sec. of State Rudy Giuliani.

If that nightmare scenario doesn’t motivate you to get out and vote, nothing will.

wdmso
07-18-2022, 07:41 AM

Is there a denial in your comment ?

wdmso
07-20-2022, 08:42 AM
Former President Donald Trump's administration spent years trying to add a census citizenship question as part of a secret strategy for altering the population numbers used to divide up seats in Congress and the Electoral College, internal documents released Wednesday

Nothing to see just normal political practices lol

Jim in CT
07-20-2022, 08:57 AM
Former President Donald Trump's administration spent years trying to add a census citizenship question as part of a secret strategy for altering the population numbers used to divide up seats in Congress and the Electoral College, internal documents released Wednesday

Nothing to see just normal political practices lol

democrats don’t gerrymander, or engage in other things to help them
win. nope.

Dems got caught illegally gerrymandering in NY, the courts through out the proposed map. But it’s ok when democrats do it.

PaulS
07-20-2022, 09:19 AM
democrats don’t gerrymander, or engage in other things to help them
win. nope.

Dems got caught illegally gerrymandering in NY, the courts through out the proposed map. But it’s ok when democrats do it.

Of course they gerrymander but not close to the amount the Rs do. And in blue states the gerrymandering is much more likely to get thrown out than it is in red or purple (NC/Wisc) states where the voters are split bt parties but the leg. is controlled by R's..

Pete F.
07-20-2022, 09:58 AM
Jim the rest of the rats are jumping off the ship.

Joe Rogan called Donald Trump a “Man baby” and said Trump was on Adderall during his presidency.

I like this MAGA y MAGA infighting.

scottw
07-20-2022, 11:48 AM
Joe Rogan called Donald Trump a “Man baby” and said Trump was on Adderall during his presidency.

I like this MAGA y MAGA infighting.

wasn't Rogan a lefty before becoming a covid denier?

Jim in CT
07-20-2022, 12:39 PM
Of course they gerrymander but not close to the amount the Rs do. And in blue states the gerrymandering is much more likely to get thrown out than it is in red or purple (NC/Wisc) states where the voters are split bt parties but the leg. is controlled by R's..

so how much gerrymandering is ok?

Pete F.
07-20-2022, 01:03 PM
The AZ Republican Party’s executive committee, late last night, censuring Rusty Bowers, the AZ House Speaker, who testified to J6 committee about the pressure effort to overturn 2020 election.

Chair Kelli Ward: “[Bowers] is no longer a Republican in good standing…”

To be clear: The Arizona Republican Party is censuring the Speaker of the Arizona House for telling the truth, under oath (has a single thing he said even been challenged?). The Arizona GOP appears to believe that to be "a Republican in good standing" you should lie under oath.

Because ethics and honesty don’t matter.

PaulS
07-20-2022, 01:54 PM
so how much gerrymandering is ok?

I don't recall you ever saying that gerrymandering was bad so how much gerrymandering is ok?

PaulS
07-20-2022, 01:55 PM
The AZ Republican Party’s executive committee, late last night, censuring Rusty Bowers, the AZ House Speaker, who testified to J6 committee about the pressure effort to overturn 2020 election.

Chair Kelli Ward: “[Bowers] is no longer a Republican in good standing…”

To be clear: The Arizona Republican Party is censuring the Speaker of the Arizona House for telling the truth, under oath (has a single thing he said even been challenged?). The Arizona GOP appears to believe that to be "a Republican in good standing" you should lie under oath.

Because ethics and honesty don’t matter.

I guess he is a RINO

Pete F.
07-20-2022, 02:11 PM
A guy named Rafael having to go by Ted, a woman named Nimrata having to go by Nikki, and a guy named Piyush having to go by Bobby tells you quite a lot about the Republican party and it’s voters

Got Stripers
07-21-2022, 05:02 PM
Everyone got their dvr’s set, RR is still waiting for the civil war, Scott and Dad are primed and ready to get all snarkying after Pete and Wayne gets into the recap and Jim is digging into his whataboutism library to spin the narrative. All good fun I’m ready with popcorn.

wdmso
07-21-2022, 06:19 PM
I wish people would stop saying Trump did nothing for 187 minutes and start saying 3hrs 7 minutes

Ps Bob enjoy your pop corn lol

wdmso
07-21-2022, 07:29 PM
It seems Rino’s are no longer endangered species. They are all now in the GOP or have testified against Trump LOL

Pete F.
07-22-2022, 05:56 AM
CHENEY: “The damn has begun to break. Our committee will spend august looking through evidence on multiple fronts.”

Jim in CT
07-22-2022, 06:08 AM
CHENEY: “The damn has begun to break. Our committee will spend august looking through evidence on multiple fronts.”

she better hurry, she’s likely about to get fired by her constituents in November.

scottw
07-22-2022, 06:10 AM
CHENEY: “ Our committee will spend august looking through evidence on multiple fronts.”

at least they are keeping very busy with important stuff...

Pete F.
07-22-2022, 07:07 AM
she better hurry, she’s likely about to get fired by her constituents in November.

After listening to the poor victims chorus that it’s a dog and pony show that is partisan blah blah blah
I think the Republican Party needs to go the way of the Whigs.

Country over party.

Hats off to Liz Cheney.

wdmso
07-22-2022, 07:10 AM

Don’t say much about her constituents does it!

wdmso
07-22-2022, 07:15 AM
Guess what’s absent from Jim and Scott’s comments . Anything to do with Actual testimony concerning the 3 hr black hole of inactivity by the commander and chief . But Biden mentioned cancer you have thought he started WW3

Pete F.
07-22-2022, 07:29 AM
at least they are keeping very busy with important stuff...

It is

“Character matters. Truth matters. If we don’t adhere to these ideals, our great experiment, our shining beacon on a hill, will not endure.”

scottw
07-22-2022, 07:51 AM

horrible people...all of them

Pete F.
07-22-2022, 07:54 AM
A White House security official testified that Pence’s secret service detail thought they were going to die and started saying goodbye to loved ones.

Jim in CT
07-22-2022, 08:26 AM

so unless everyone does exactly what you want them to do, “that doesn’t say much” about them?

that’s not arrogant, no sir.

i’m sure her constituents are all broken up that you don’t like them.

Jim in CT
07-22-2022, 08:28 AM
Guess what’s absent from Jim and Scott’s comments . Anything to do with Actual testimony concerning the 3 hr black hole of inactivity by the commander and chief . But Biden mentioned cancer you have thought he started WW3

what’s absent, is oxygen to your brain.

i’ve said a million times that trumps actions should render him
ineligible from ever running for
anything again.

it’s amazing that you try to paint me
as some rabid trump apologist. i guess that’s easier than responding to what i’m actually saying.

scottw
07-22-2022, 08:34 AM

they are conditioned to constantly lob charges of racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, sedition, traitor etc...etc.......it begins and ends every thought with them....it's pretty effed up

scottw
07-22-2022, 08:36 AM
“Character matters. Truth matters. If we don’t adhere to these ideals, our great experiment, our shining beacon on a hill, will not endure.”

size=1]Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]

is this what Nancy said when questioned about her and hubby's remarkable, uncanny ability to trade stocks ?

PaulS
07-22-2022, 08:41 AM
One of the things I watched with interest was Trump taking 1 hour to come up with a 3 min. video. Reading off the teleprompter, refusing to say some words, couldn't pronounce some words, stuttering, slapping the podium, etc. etc.

Thank goodness that wasn't Biden or microsoft would have to add some servers to handle all the increased interweb traffic today.

scottw
07-22-2022, 08:59 AM
One of the things I watched with interest was Trump taking 1 hour to come up with a 3 min. video. Reading off the teleprompter, refusing to say some words, couldn't pronounce some words, stuttering, slapping the podium, etc. etc.

Thank goodness that wasn't Biden or microsoft would have to add some servers to handle all the increased interweb traffic today.

biden has it written for him in big letters with explicit directions and presumably practices a little beforehand and still effs it up :rotf2:

PaulS
07-22-2022, 09:02 AM
biden has it written for him in big letters with explicit directions and presumably practices a little beforehand and still effs it up :rotf2:

I actually had (que the snarky comments) written on the bottom but the icon to make the text smaller wasn't there so I deleted it. I should have figured you wouldn't need any prompting.

PaulS
07-22-2022, 09:03 AM
I did get a laugh at Josh Hawley running through the halls.

Pete F.
07-22-2022, 09:05 AM

Being wasted on benzos and adderall, basically a speedball, prob makes it hard to read….and be a decent person apparently

Pete F.
07-22-2022, 09:07 AM
I did get a laugh at Josh Hawley running through the halls.

Josh Hawley runs like a gelding but that’s not really a surprise.

Got Stripers
07-22-2022, 09:16 AM
what’s absent, is oxygen to your brain.

i’ve said a million times that trumps actions should render him
ineligible from ever running for
anything again.

as some rabid trump apologist. i guess that’s easier than responding to what i’m actually saying.

It’s not just about Trump Jim, or is that all your going to hang your I’ve said it a million times hat on? Nothing to say about those in his party that helped him spread the big lie and incite the mob, are they allowed to run again under Jim’s rules? What about those running today that are still spouting the big lie nonsense, should they not be running, lots of Trump mini me’s out there. Nothing to say about the leaders of your party condemning the 6th as an insurrection, Trumps failure to act as wrong, a year later signing different tunes. You think (that’s debatable) those of the left and on this board are just after and concerned about Trump, well if you can’t see the forest for the trees Jim, you could be missing the bigger picture. The leaders on the right aren’t as abrasive and morally corrupt as Trump, but they are after the same thing, to regain and keep the power. If it takes bending and now breaking the rules and keeping access to the voting process limited and likely to produce the results they want, it will continue.

Love to see term limits, not only for the Congress and Senate, but for the Supreme Court as well, IMHO life long appointments and terms is a major problem for the political arena now.

Jim in CT
07-22-2022, 09:32 AM
It’s not just about Trump Jim, or is that all your going to hang your I’ve said it a million times hat on? Nothing to say about those in his party that helped him spread the big lie and incite the mob, are they allowed to run again under Jim’s rules? What about those running today that are still spouting the big lie nonsense, should they not be running, lots of Trump mini me’s out there. Nothing to say about the leaders of your party condemning the 6th as an insurrection, Trumps failure to act as wrong, a year later signing different tunes. You think (that’s debatable) those of the left and on this board are just after and concerned about Trump, well if you can’t see the forest for the trees Jim, you could be missing the bigger picture. The leaders on the right aren’t as abrasive and morally corrupt as Trump, but they are after the same thing, to regain and keep the power. If it takes bending and now breaking the rules and keeping access to the voting process limited and likely to produce the results they want, it will continue.

Love to see term limits, not only for the Congress and Senate, but for the Supreme Court as well, IMHO life long appointments and terms is a major problem for the political arena now.

If I say I hate Trump and I hope he goes to prison, and you guys keep calling me a rabid Trump supporter, again that's on you, not on me.

"Nothing to say about those in his party that helped him spread the big lie"

In 2016 a small number of congressional democrats spread the same exact lie, and tried unsuccessfully to steal that election. You actually said that was OK, because they didn't write anything down. That was your reasoning as to why it was OK. Your words, not mine. If it's OK when democrats do it, why is it wrong when others do it? You'll dismiss that as whatboutism, because you know you can't defend the obvious hypocrisy. I'm not saying the 2 events are identical, but in both cases, the losing party made allegations about cheating to try and change the outcome of the election. You defend it when democrats do it. Stacy Abrams did the same exact thing, and she has full democrats support to run for governor of GA.

"You think (that’s debatable) those of the left and on this board are just after and concerned about Trump"

When did I say that? Who are you getting this from? What you're after, is saying the democrat is always right, and the republican is always wrong, no exceptions, not ever, never ever. Because you can't think.

"The leaders on the right aren’t as abrasive and morally corrupt as Trump, but they are after the same thing, to regain and keep the power."

And leaders of the left are after what, exactly? It's all about power, it's all both sides care about. You're saying the leaders on the left aren't motivated by a desire to win? Tell that to Brett Kavanaugh and Clarence Thomas, who have been treated so respectfully by the leaders of the left.

Gimme a break.

"Love to see term limits, not only for the Congress and Senate, but for the Supreme Court as well"

I agree for legislative branch, I disagree for judges.

scottw
07-22-2022, 09:33 AM
I actually had (que the snarky comments) written on the bottom but the icon to make the text smaller wasn't there so I deleted it. I should have figured you wouldn't need any prompting.

you call it snarky...it's actually satire...you just aren't man enough to handle it

sat·ire

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

scottw
07-22-2022, 09:42 AM

"The year was 1995, and the case was U.S. Term Limits v. Thornton. With assistance from USTL, the citizens of 23 states had just passed laws putting term limits on their members of Congress. That meant just under half of all congressmen were term-limited, and Congress would soon be forced to propose a term limits amendment applying to everyone.

The Court decided, in a 5-4 split decision, that citizens are not allowed to term limit their own members of Congress using state laws.

They threw out 23 states’ term limits laws in one day.

Justice John Paul Stevens delivered the opinion of the court. Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote a concurring opinion.

Justice Scalia disagreed, ruling for term limits as part of the dissenting minority. Justice Clarence Thomas wrote a dissenting opinion."

Pete F.
07-22-2022, 09:55 AM
you call it snarky...it's actually satire...you just aren't man enough to handle it

sat·ire

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

An unsubtle self-satire in the form of a post.

Got Stripers
07-22-2022, 11:01 AM
If I say I hate Trump and I hope he goes to prison, and you guys keep calling me a rabid Trump supporter, again that's on you, not on me.

"Nothing to say about those in his party that helped him spread the big lie"

In 2016 a small number of congressional democrats spread the same exact lie, and tried unsuccessfully to steal that election. You actually said that was OK, because they didn't write anything down. That was your reasoning as to why it was OK. Your words, not mine. If it's OK when democrats do it, why is it wrong when others do it? You'll dismiss that as whatboutism, because you know you can't defend the obvious hypocrisy. I'm not saying the 2 events are identical, but in both cases, the losing party made allegations about cheating to try and change the outcome of the election. You defend it when democrats do it. Stacy Abrams did the same exact thing, and she has full democrats support to run for governor of GA.

"You think (that’s debatable) those of the left and on this board are just after and concerned about Trump"

When did I say that? Who are you getting this from? What you're after, is saying the democrat is always right, and the republican is always wrong, no exceptions, not ever, never ever. Because you can't think.

"The leaders on the right aren’t as abrasive and morally corrupt as Trump, but they are after the same thing, to regain and keep the power."

And leaders of the left are after what, exactly? It's all about power, it's all both sides care about. You're saying the leaders on the left aren't motivated by a desire to win? Tell that to Brett Kavanaugh and Clarence Thomas, who have been treated so respectfully by the leaders of the left.

Gimme a break.

"Love to see term limits, not only for the Congress and Senate, but for the Supreme Court as well"

I agree for legislative branch, I disagree for judges.

Jim not answering my question and instead digging into his favorite whataboutism, anyone surprised?

Got Stripers
07-22-2022, 11:05 AM
An unsubtle self-satire in the form of a post.

I can see people at parties excusing themselves to walk away as Scott throws out his snarky one liners, thinking they are funny and timely. Once away and with other’s friends, I can image the conversation, can you believe that clown, I couldn’t listen another minute to his crap.

Jim in CT
07-22-2022, 11:09 AM
Jim not answering my question and instead digging into his favorite whataboutism, anyone surprised?

i said i hope trump
goes to prison. what question didn’t i answer?

and of course when i point out your naked hypocrisy, you dismiss it as what about ism.

“everything is ok when democrats do it.”.

Pete F.
07-22-2022, 11:28 AM
i said i hope trump
goes to prison. what question didn’t i answer?

and of course when i point out your naked hypocrisy, you dismiss it as what about ism.

“everything is ok when democrats do it.”.

Remember when our president cared about the rule of law, surrounded himself with staff of high integrity, and exited his office after 8 years with 0 criminal indictments, 0 criminal convictions and 0 prison sentences?

Jim in CT
07-22-2022, 11:52 AM
Remember when our president cared about the rule of law, surrounded himself with staff of high integrity, and exited his office after 8 years with 0 criminal indictments, 0 criminal convictions and 0 prison sentences?

i also remember Bush 43 being a decent guy. didn’t stop your side from stacking him
jon stop, calling him
a racist, a nazi, a moron, etc.

Trump just made it easier for the smearing to take place

Stop pretending liberals can be complimentary about decent republicans. they can’t. not unless said republican hates trump i guess.

Bush, MvCain, and Romney were decent guys, but we’re painted as evil.

Pete F.
07-22-2022, 11:54 AM
i also remember Bush 43 being a decent guy. didn’t stop your side from stacking him
jon stop, calling him
a racist, a nazi, a moron, etc.

Trump just made it easier for the smearing to take place

Stop pretending liberals can be complimentary about decent republicans. they can’t. not unless said republican hates trump i guess.

Bush, MvCain, and Romney were decent guys, but we’re painted as evil.
Gibberish
Poor victim

Jim in CT
07-22-2022, 12:52 PM
Gibberish
Poor victim

i’m curious, you’re denying that Bushnwas called a nazi, a racist, and an imbecile? You’re denying Romney was attacked for carrying women’s resumes in a notebook? denying that Mc Cain was portrayed as a senile old racist?

Pete F.
07-22-2022, 01:07 PM
I have no doubt that someone did, but your recitation of right wing tropes is Tuckerish at best.
What should the penalty for getting an abortion be?

Jim in CT
07-22-2022, 01:15 PM
I have no doubt that someone did, but your recitation of right wing tropes is Tuckerish at best.
What should the penalty for getting an abortion be?

states can decide what the punishment should be.

if someone slaughtered you because your existence was inconvenient for them, what punishment would you think was appropriate?

I’d like to see you answer that.

Pete F.
07-22-2022, 01:41 PM
states can decide what the punishment should be.

if someone slaughtered you because your existence was inconvenient for them, what punishment would you think was appropriate?

I’d like to see you answer that.

Can’t answer (insert insult, typically misogynist)?

Jim in CT
07-22-2022, 01:55 PM
Can’t answer (insert insult, typically misogynist)?

you’re the one who can’t answer. then penalty should be whatever you think the penalty should be for slaughtering another innocent person for convenience. You tell me what that is.

Got Stripers
07-22-2022, 03:10 PM
At least one of the nut jobs has been convicted, I hope Bannon gets the max sentence to send a message.

wdmso
07-22-2022, 04:52 PM
At least one of the nut jobs has been convicted, I hope Bannon gets the max sentence to send a message.

Conservatives and the MAGA cult now have turned on the judiciary and even trial by jury

One GOP member called his conviction a dog and pony show

Another comment from the usual fascists NEWSMAX contributors

After Trump is back in 2024, he should show absolutely no mercy for the dems and totally annihilate them, legally, or course.

That’s what the MAGA horde has always wanted for the USA a hidden in false patriotism yelling American First

scottw
07-22-2022, 05:13 PM
I can see people at parties excusing themselves to walk away as Scott throws out his snarky one liners, thinking they are funny and timely. Once away and with other’s friends, I can image the conversation, can you believe that clown, I couldn’t listen another minute to his crap.

I'm sure you are a real prince..:rotf3:

Pete F.
07-22-2022, 11:21 PM
you’re the one who can’t answer. then penalty should be whatever you think the penalty should be for slaughtering another innocent person for convenience. You tell me what that is.

Perhaps your god should deal with it, rather than imposing your religious beliefs on our government.

Voter registration is up more than 1,000% in Kansas since Roe v Wade was overturned & up 627% in Missouri. The anti-choice Republicans are now losing popularity in the red states. And we still have more J6 hearings on the way. Yup. Democrats are poised to win the midterms.

scottw
07-23-2022, 01:51 AM
Yup. Democrats are poised to win the midterms.

Cook Report yesterday.....sounds like your only hope is trump...that's pretty ironic :jester:

"Democrats fervently hope that the reversal of Roe v. Wade, gun legislation, and the findings of the Jan. 6 committee (or some combination thereof) might galvanize their voters enough to retain at least one chamber. But data suggests that even a combination of all three is unlikely to be the antidote for their problems.

The public is exhibiting an incredibly high level of pessimism about the direction of the country thanks in part to a variety of economic indicators that are all flashing red. Inflation is running at its highest rate in more than 40 years, the National Association of Realtors reported in May that the ability of buyers to afford a home hit its lowest levels since 2006, and over half of Americans and a majority of economists are bracing for a recession in the next year or 18 months.

With those factors, along with the inability of President Biden and congressional Democrats to even remotely deliver on all they promised, there is plenty to be pessimistic about for Democrats. Midterm elections are basically report cards halfway through a president’s term, an opportunity for voters to choose between “stay the course” or “time for a change.” History shows their proclivity is to opt for a midcourse correction, if not a total reversal of what happened two years earlier. Setbacks from bad elections have enormous consequences. The composition of the U.S. Supreme Court is a prime example of that, but there are other potentially grave consequences—more on that later."

Yet there might be one silver lining for Democrats on the distant horizon. Should former President Trump decide, against the advice of nearly every Republican strategist alive, to announce his candidacy before the midterm elections in November, he might energize Democratic voters enough to minimize their losses at the margins. I am not sure it would save one or both majorities, but it certainly has the potential to have a greater impact than abortion, guns, and Jan. 6 combined.

Democrats can little afford another disastrous midterm and yet, one looks quite likely to be on the horizon. You can’t blame them for looking for any way to escape this; the question is whether Donald Trump will provide them with one."

Jim in CT
07-23-2022, 07:09 AM
Perhaps your god should deal with it, rather than imposing your religious beliefs on our government.

Voter registration is up more than 1,000% in Kansas since Roe v Wade was overturned & up 627% in Missouri. The anti-choice Republicans are now losing popularity in the red states. And we still have more J6 hearings on the way. Yup. Democrats are poised to win the midterms.

yup. Kansas is going to flip blue as the democrats rout the gop in november.

Pete F.
07-23-2022, 08:57 AM
The new Republican platform for 2022:

“Divine horrible rape”

Pete F.
07-23-2022, 09:00 AM
Geraldo Rivera: “Liz Cheney is a once-in-a-generation stand up hero. Unlike everyone else involved, she has put her career in peril, and stayed in the fight. History will honor her.”

PaulS
07-23-2022, 09:39 AM
She is a RINO

Nebe
07-23-2022, 10:13 AM
Geraldo Rivera: “Liz Cheney is a once-in-a-generation stand up hero. Unlike everyone else involved, she has put her career in peril, and stayed in the fight. History will honor her.”

Presidential run material.

wdmso
07-23-2022, 02:13 PM
He made phone calls, but not to the Pentagon or the Department of Homeland Security or anyone who could help put down the riot. Instead, he called Republican senators and lobbied then to object to final certification of the electoral college vote.

Not surprised

Pete F.
07-23-2022, 03:05 PM
Both WSJ and NY Post had editorials yesterday saying Trump’s bad character—as displayed by his dereliction of duty on Jan 6–is disqualifying. It’s almost enough to make you burst out laughing. I mean, who coulda predicted such behavior from Trump? There were just no clues…

Pete F.
07-27-2022, 08:37 PM
Reporter: “Have you taken any precautions in case Trump tries to flee?”

Garland: “Yes, we installed a small ramp by his airplane.”

scottw
07-28-2022, 05:53 AM
He made phone calls, but not to the Pentagon or the Department of Homeland Security or anyone who could help put down the riot.

“To be clear, the District of Columbia is not requesting other federal law enforcement personnel and discourages any additional deployment without immediate notification to and consultation with MPD, if such plans are underway," Bowser wrote in her letter, adding that MPD was “well trained and prepared to lead the way” on ensuring safety during the rally in the nation’s capital on Jan. 6.

Pete F.
07-28-2022, 06:13 AM
“Our research suggests that Trump appeals more to men who are secretly insecure about their manhood.”

scottw
07-28-2022, 06:27 AM
“Our research suggests that Trump appeals more to men who are secretly insecure about their manhood.”

you are struggling as much as biden....:hihi:

Pete F.
07-28-2022, 06:30 AM
“Nobody’s ever seen a president go to prison before, the ratings will be be huge.”

scottw
07-28-2022, 06:32 AM
“Nobody’s ever seen a president go to prison before, the ratings will be be huge.”

CNN could use a big boost...

Pete F.
07-28-2022, 06:40 AM
“From the first, Trump looked to be knee deep in the efforts to prevent the peaceful transfer of power; now, 19 months later, he looks to be up to his eyebrows, and the tide continues to rise.”

scottw
07-28-2022, 06:47 AM
“From the first, Trump looked to be knee deep in the efforts to prevent the peaceful transfer of power; now, 19 months later, he looks to be up to his eyebrows, and the tide continues to rise.”

I'm rooting for you pete...I'd hate to see all of your work go for nothing....

Pete F.
07-28-2022, 07:03 AM
It’s not a one man battle

It's true that no previous ex-president has ever been prosecuted.

It's also true that no previous ex-president had attempted a self-coup to remain in power after losing his election.

scottw
07-28-2022, 08:24 AM
It’s not a one man battle

I'm sure there are many petes on many websites shrieking on a daily basis...:rotf2:

Pete F.
07-30-2022, 12:38 PM
A pattern emerges: Jan. 6 texts missing for Trump Homeland Security’s Chad Wolf and Ken Cuccinelli.