View Full Version : Fishing before the storm...

RIROCKHOUND
09-16-2003, 12:56 PM
SO who's fishing before the storm gets too close and the swells get massive?
The forecast is 6-12ft by thursday and friday, so I'm gonna give the so. shore (Ctown?) one more shot in a few hours then again tommorow morning then... Probably wait it out and fish sunday after it calms down a bit... have fun, tight lines and be safe...
'hound

Slipknot
09-16-2003, 01:00 PM
I am.

Krispy
09-16-2003, 01:06 PM
Me too, for the next 2 days in SoCo. Looking for large pre-storm :eek:

RIROCKHOUND
09-16-2003, 01:19 PM
Krispy, keep your eyes open for a short stocky guy, mid 20's, dressed in yellow, either a gold vs or a squidder....
say hello if you see him.....

'hound

redcrbbr
09-16-2003, 01:19 PM
went out last night, not too bad as long as i kept an eye on the 3-4' swells breaking. ended up with a few fish, including two nice fluke.nothing large. did have a 20" bass shake and sink a hook into the drumstick part of my left thumb before i could get him off. don't know what hurt more the G_D fish shaking around while attached or having to yank the freakin hook out..
kinda freaked Katie out a bit seeing her ol'man doing the man in the wilderness thing:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tagger
09-16-2003, 02:32 PM
Tomorrow is gonna be killer..I'm leaving work early...might not fish for a while after tomorrow ..

UserRemoved1
09-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Slip TOMORROW....u wanna go?

Slipknot
09-16-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
Slip TOMORROW....u wanna go?

going tonight

Van
09-16-2003, 05:50 PM
Went out today and I'll tell ya they were feeding like crazy.

Loads of blues to 12 lbs, and some nice fat stripers, (all released).

What a day, best fishing I had so far this year non stop action.

Wish I could go again before it hits, but that ain't gonna happen.

Need Sleep.......:sleeps:

UserRemoved1
09-16-2003, 06:19 PM
Slip meet me at Bourne tomorrow am....probably around 5:45-6 am
i find fishies :)

likwid
09-16-2003, 08:16 PM
Its already starting to fire down around 1st/2nd beach and ruggles down at Newport

its only gonna get bigger

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE CAREFUL EVERYONE!

BasicPatrick
09-16-2003, 10:38 PM
While driving into town (Hull, MA) this evening the Bay side was lit up hard. I counted hno less than 25 separate pods of birds and breaking fish. Out on the Beach it appeared like there were boats following what I would assume were scyhools of fish moving slowly toward Pt. allerton.

thursday very early Am is my shot at the pre storm blitz...I think

likwid
09-16-2003, 11:21 PM
make that firing to be THE WAVES ARE REALLY STINKIN BIG ALREADY!!

Be careful.

I'll be on the beach with a board tomorrow...
Any of you RI/Newport people, check out the point break Ruggles (behind The Breakers) tomorrow...

A bunch of the hardcore new england surfers and a few guys from the west coast might be throwing down tomorrow/thursday/friday...

beachwalker
09-17-2003, 07:25 AM
Out last night fishing the flood, on the North shore of Nantucket. It took two hours before we got into some action.

8 or 9 beauties all 10-20 lbs. Kept one.

Got home at 4:00 am and now I am off to work. Here we go Fall run !

:( :D

UserRemoved1
09-17-2003, 12:59 PM
twinkie fest all morning on Salty 1.25 poppers out at Mashnee flats, had a blast! Went down thru WH and to Robinsons but swell was really starting to kick up on the south side of the islands...and NO fish anywhere down there!

RickBomba
09-18-2003, 09:44 AM
Out in Homo town for the last 48 hrs.
Me the very tired.
No big surf as long as you go around the point.
Went out last night for the final night of he VIXEN, UUGGHH I should stick to fishin'
Later,
Sleepy Rick
PS spent the whole time on a boat, we were into 5-8# blues like I've never seen before, talk about a blitz!!!