View Full Version : Whoops!!! I crapped my pants !!

Tagger
09-16-2003, 07:32 PM
I forget everything now...I went fishing the other night,,came home rinsed my custom rod off...When I get up the next day what do I see leaning against the house..Yup ..My Rod and reel for the takers..U don't even leave the lawnmore out front in my neighborhood ... I be 50 this year.. what happened ?

NilsC
09-16-2003, 09:30 PM
:af: :devil: :doh: :sleeps: :err: :bshake:

Backbeach Jake
09-17-2003, 06:00 AM
Been 50 for a couple of years. Brain starts switching off areas you really don't need. Like tolerance for idiots, good manners, the ability to tell a phart from a :o and so on and so on. It's gonna be interesting! Remember when we laughed at old pharts? Guess what's coming or going around:af:

MountainBreeze
09-17-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Tagger
When I get up the next day what do I see leaning against the house..Yup ..My Rod and reel for the takers..
Uhhh... Where do you live again??? :smash:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's one fer' ya':

This past weekend, when I got back from the salt, I started to rinse everything off and decided my plug bag needed a good "once over." So, I emptied it out and hung all the plugs and such in a bucket, with all my other wood, before I took the hose to it. :beat:

The next night, after everything was dry, I decided I'd stock the plug bag with offerings for the Fish Gods in case I make it to the suds, pre-storm. So, I get my plug bag and turn to the bucket. WAIT! What bucket?!?!?! :err: Where the he11 is the bucket??? I KNOW it was RIGHT HERE under the bench!!! I JUST put it there last night!

High and low I looked for that dang thing. No sign of it, or my lures. I thought it was very odd because it was inside the garage w/ door openers that are always closed - don't want the pets getting out through the open doors. :confused:

Well... I figure I'm out a bucket and a PANT LOAD of plugs. So, I put the ol' tail between the legs and head inside, trying to figure out how I'm going to get a nice assortment of Tatto's finest this late in the game, WITHOUT telling the wife. :hs:

So.. I log onto the ol' puter' and start checkin' da' mail before I head over to the S-B sponsors. Shortly thereafter, who pulls in??? My wife! Uh Oh! Better log off and go down and help her bring in the groceries. I'm going to eat most of em' after all and, if I have to end up splanin' the charges on da' card, it would be best to have some cookies in the jar! :whackin:

"Hi Honey! Pop the trunk and I'll come down and bring the bags in." "Ok. Thanks," she says.

I get downstairs and outside in a flash. I walk up to the back of the car, lift the lid and HOT DAMN!!! There is my beautiful bucket, all washed off and shiny, Home Depot orange... with a bunch of bird seed in it! What the?!?!?! :wall:

"Ummm... Honey... Where did you get this bucket???" "From the garage." "Ok... Why does it have bird seed in it?" "Oh... My mother bought a 50# bag and gave us some for our feeders." "Oh, that's nice. Uh... You didn't happen notice any lures in the bucket when it was in the garage, did you?" "Yes." "Ok... Ummm... WHERE ARE THEY NOW?!?!?!" :af:

I'm sure you all know she didn't like that tone but she did walk over to a cardboard box, over by the TRASHCANS, and picked it up. "They are in here." :blush:

So... I "took" the box from her hands and opened it up, cautiously, as I was fairly certain she didn't take the time to make sure they were laying neatly, side-by-side, hooks not tangled up in a god awful mess... :uhoh:

I looked at my long lost friends, then up at her, with what I am sure was a tear in my eye... :bc:

Then, she said... "Uh... I'll get the groceries." :love:

bassmaster
09-17-2003, 01:02 PM
ok this is :D and only:D when You find plugs or ones that be lost and show'd up so a :D can Be used:mad:
good read

NilsC
09-17-2003, 04:10 PM
Rob,

did you forget to tell your wife... I'm the trash man... I'll collect that anytime:(

Our motto: Trash to Cash

Tagger
09-17-2003, 07:28 PM
Speaking of wifes...You see how they dress these old guys...matching pastel aqua shirt and pants..I can see it coming.."Your not wearing that are you?"...My response.."What do I look like a Ken Doll".." I can dress myself!!!!!"...I finally got sick of changing clothes..I sit on the end of the bed in my underwear waiting for her to dress me.... saves arguing time ..

MAC
09-17-2003, 09:12 PM
Tagger, remember last saturday when I told ya someone opened my cooler that was in the back of the truck, you were lucky dude. That rod would have been down at the hock shop if they had seen it.:fishslap:

Billybob
09-18-2003, 10:12 AM
Hey Jake - How can ya be 50 for a couple years? Is that allowed? What a relief, cuz I thought I was just gonna keep gettin older:)

"Here lies Jake, dead at the age of 50, decorated WWII combat veteran"

:D

bassmaster
09-18-2003, 10:42 AM
quit ya crabbin ya bunch of old Jerital queens

Tagger
09-18-2003, 12:28 PM
Go play ya nitendo and leave us alone kid..shouldn't you be watching south park ..

Backbeach Jake
09-18-2003, 05:28 PM
Billybob, when ya run out of fingers and toes , ya stop counting!:laughs: My wife has started counting backward, when I'm 75 I'll have a 25 year old hottie:eek:

Tagger
09-18-2003, 11:38 PM
That reminds me when is midlife crisis ??? I think I missed it ...I didn't get my corvete and young girlfriend...dammm I suppose I'm not getting a 50 either..:mad:

capesams
09-19-2003, 05:36 AM
got a phone at 2:00 am on my 50 an had ta make a long car drive outta state, never saw or got a 50th party.....that was 2 yrs ago..maybe thats the cause of my grumpage :mad:

Backbeach Jake
09-19-2003, 05:37 AM
That new Lami = girlfriend. That's what I tell the missus. What does the Vette equal, VanStaal maybe?

bassmaster
09-19-2003, 07:21 AM
yeah

RIROCKHOUND
09-19-2003, 08:57 AM
BBJ,
Just dont let us catch you doing bad things to that VS, we all love them, but not in that way....

'hound

Tagger
09-19-2003, 01:46 PM
Hey!! do farts stink more as you get older ? I think its Vitamins causing the problem..You think they could sent vitamins with say, Wintergreen to make farts more enjoyable ..

chris L
09-19-2003, 03:10 PM
just watch out for the splinters that stain .

Got Stripers
09-19-2003, 03:41 PM
Brain farts don't just happen when you reach 50, but I find they are more frequent:(. Some years back, maybe around 1992 or so, I pulled into a Scituate self service car wash as I normally do. I pulled my tackle box and clothes bag out of the boat as I usually do before power washing boat. Stupid me, after I was done I only put the clothes bag back, leaving some $400 worth of gear (spent well over that to replace it all) at the place. I went back as soon as I got home and surprise, surprise no box and nobody saw anything.

Backbeach Jake
09-19-2003, 04:09 PM
Brain farts!!! That explains the mess in my hat!:mad:

NilsC
09-25-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Backbeach Jake
Brain farts!!! That explains the mess in my hat!:mad:

I hate those:mad:

MAC
09-25-2003, 05:13 PM
Hey Tagga, I did the same thing you did, But I did it the other nite:eek: same end results though, rods were standing against the house next morning....OOOPS

Tagger
09-25-2003, 05:44 PM
What the hell is happening to us ? I used to catch with my gear ...Now I just take out fall down, one or two times (on the rocks )Then go home ...I got hair on my ears !!! where did that come from ? and when...

capesams
09-25-2003, 06:45 PM
you can borrow my hedge trimmers if ya like....they work good, just sharpened them.:

Tagger
09-26-2003, 03:26 PM
electric I hope ....I got a lot of work here Sams

capesams
09-26-2003, 03:48 PM
yeh! they b elect. just gotta b carefull not ta drop an ear on the bath floor.

l.i.fish.in.vt
09-26-2003, 04:22 PM
so i guess i should't worry bout forgetting things like shovel tow strap ect when going on the beach. i did remember how to get home from Cape, but did have some trouble getting there.

Tagger
09-26-2003, 04:29 PM
You may have to change your route and travel the coastline....easy...going South water on left ...North water on right ...just takes a little bit longer ...

capesams
09-26-2003, 05:02 PM
easy goin south it's all down hill, ya get here fastta,,going home home it's all up hill, ya could slide sideways an winde up in new york:smash: