View Full Version : circle clip for 6500cs mag

tobias
05-31-2000, 08:33 PM
Need help finding replacement part for my 6500cs mag. I was breaking down the reel to clean and was removing the retaining clip in the end cap of the reel when it flew off. Looked in the direction it went flying but was unable to find it. The item # is 4490. I was wondering if you guys know of any tackle stores in Massachusetts, Rhode Island or even Connecticut that might carry this item. I think I'm going to pickup a couple just in case this happens again. I feel like such an idiot!

Does any one know if other 6500 size reels use the same retaining clip or are they reel specific. Any help would be greatly appreciated, looking to fish with my brother this weekend. Thanks.

tobias

JohnR
06-01-2000, 06:18 AM
Tobias, all my 6500 and 5500 (withing the last few years) reels have that clip. They are interchangable, I'm floating one between two reels now... Mike at capecodtackle.com might have them. One other possible is Buckos in Fall River. You may also find them at a hardware store or home depot... They look like common brass clips.

Is it still locking up??

John

tobias
06-01-2000, 09:48 AM
John, I brought the reel down to Mike at M&D and he saw right away what was wrong. The main shaft wasn't connected to the right side plate. Once he put that back in, it worked fine but when I used it this weekend the spool would lock up every once in a while. I would push the button down to cast but the spool was locked. I would have to spin it backwards and then it would be in free spool. I don't know why it does this.

I guess I'll have to go down to home depot to see if they might have a clip to fit the reel. I'll also check my local tackle store. Thanks.

tobias