View Full Version : Weekend Plans??

JohnR
09-26-2003, 12:27 PM
Damn - almost forgot! Seeing that I got in the house this morning at 6am I was still pretty groggy getting up at noon - didn't realize this was friday

WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS FRIDAY OF THE FALL RUN? For the weekend?

The Fishing are pretty stinking active!

I hope to get out Sunday or so when everyone with jobs has to go in 'cause I'm out of the loop the next couple nights anyway :rollem:

MakoMike
09-26-2003, 12:33 PM
John,
Probably going sea bass fishing tomorrow, wether for Sunday doesn't look too spify. If you want to join me PM me before 5 tonight. It won't be an o'dark thirty trip, since the ice house doesn't open until 7AM.

Krispy
09-26-2003, 12:34 PM
Back up tonight :happy: No sleep for me :(

JHABS
09-26-2003, 12:35 PM
yes WILL FISH also, Hey JOHNR want a job sanding plugs..;)

Rappin Mikey
09-26-2003, 12:47 PM
My buddy had to go and get married this weekend. I'll probably get stinkin drunk, go to bed early, and make it out to a party boat early Sunday. Good luck

Mr. Sandman
09-26-2003, 01:23 PM
Its a fishin weekend for me...

I plan to hit the beach late tonight (have to go out to dinner with the wife first, will miss sunset blitz...gotta do whatcha gotta do...)

Kids derby 6am-9 on sat : 3 hours of kaotic fun from a pier.

Sat day/night....depepending on the wind...boat or beach don't know yet will take the kids either way (they need a bass) Would like to go off nomans but I have this feeling it will not be that nice off there for the kids so may chase albies/bones in the sound close to the beach) Worst case surf fishing alone...not a bad fall back!! ( my favorite thing to do)

Sunday...I was planning on another early trip to CH but they are calling for SE swells with 20-25 SE with rain, that could get snotty. I may go for a very early run out there and bag it as soon as the weather starts crapping out. I am worried it might be bad by thie time I get down to the dock.

Had a wonderful experience this AM at S&P...it was not gang busters but there were a few around..one rolled on my eel 10' from the boat on the surface, then inhaled it a few feet right in front of me...what a sight! Fishin is pickin up every day.

Carl
09-26-2003, 01:34 PM
No fishing next couple of nights. - I'm replacing timing belt, hoses, belts, water pump etc. on my vehicle. The car doesn't care it is a weekend of the fall run. 120K the belt needs to be replaced.:mad::(

I did get out last night and got nothing but small bluefish. :smash:

RIJIMMY
09-26-2003, 02:03 PM
I'm hitting the surf in So. County Sunday 1am or so. Fish the outgoing and maybe hang around til dawn.
I have not landed a fish in 3 weeks, skunked two weeks ago and I was away last week, no fishin'.
I need a fish baaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

RockLobsta
09-26-2003, 02:15 PM
fishin....

:kewl:

DRUMCORPFAN
09-26-2003, 03:42 PM
south county :D

hooked
09-26-2003, 04:12 PM
Cape Ann or Salem Harbor

beachwalker
09-26-2003, 05:40 PM
I'll do the loop around the sand dune tonight. Fish the incoming at those spots, take a break and hit the outgoing through the am.

Been working pretty hard lately so this should be a fun one. Better remember to bring the Off Botanical. The friggin' bugs have been awful when the wind is down. That #^&#^&#^&#^&e works fantastic !

Best of luck all and thank you Habs (through Joe) for your needles. They are murdering them around the rocks !Thank you Tattoo for the sweet darters (Joe again). They are so sweet in the surf. Especially when it is blowing !

Finally thank you Joe. Great website, excellent product and service. I live out of the way in a place that feels like the Twilight Zone sometimes. People selling gear from the 60's out here....

Fishing has been steady if one has the patience. If you go to one spot and it doesn't work, MOVE ON.

:happy: :happy: :happy:

Love this time of the year ! :D

UserRemoved1
09-26-2003, 05:53 PM
I plan on drowning some toona bombs tomorrow :D

Squid kids Dad
09-26-2003, 06:58 PM
Spooling reels...Tieing leaders..Getting everything in order....Going over the Vineyard for 10 days starting oct 2nd..7:05 boat...Can ya tell I cant wait...anybody else going over that time?? tell me who to look for...:happy: :happy:

Mike P
09-26-2003, 07:55 PM
Anyone thinking of heading Long Island way, and especially Montauk, might want to re-think their plans. The State and Suffolk County just closed a bunch of beaches due to finding 'skeeters that were carrying a particularly virulent strain of encephalitis---one that has a 35%+ mortality rate

Montauk is closed from dusk to dawn, including Shagwong and Gin Beach. Some other parks, too. Call ahead if you're heading this way.

CSK
09-26-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Mike P
Anyone thinking of heading Long Island way, and especially Montauk, might want to re-think their plans. The State and Suffolk County just closed a bunch of beaches due to finding 'skeeters that were carrying a particularly virulent strain of encephalitis---one that has a 35%+ mortality rate

Montauk is closed from dusk to dawn, including Shagwong and Gin Beach. Some other parks, too. Call ahead if you're heading this way.

No kidding!! :eek: That's friggin scary

Mike P
09-26-2003, 08:53 PM
Here's the scary part---the tests that disclosed the infestation were conducted almost a month ago---Aug 26 :af:

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lience0927,0,5067113.story?coll=ny-top-headlines

Notaro
09-26-2003, 11:34 PM
Friday- I just showed Bassman18 (Dave) around Beantown and it's b&t stores in Downtown, Porter Square, Chinatown, and Quincy (sportsman's den). He bought terminal tackles and baits for toorrow CI! I also showed him around where to fish in this state and how to find his way back to BU or whatever he goes. I'm extra grumpy because I dont have my mike hard lemonade. My parents are treating me like a dumb-@$$ed pubeless frick!:af:

Saturday- CI in AM to noon. Then hit to KF class. Email me next to my signature if one of you want to meet me. Then HWK

Sunday-Cod/haddock fishing trip with BM, Gloucester2, and Fishweewee on Ave Maria Charters. Then a birthday party to attend in chinatown.

striperjerk1
09-26-2003, 11:39 PM
leaving in a couple hrs.:)

Notaro
09-26-2003, 11:55 PM
I made a bet with Bassman18 that I am stupid enough to use a 1uantam freshwater rod to cast a 1/2 oz swedish pimple and if it doesnt catch any fish or it breaks, a loser has to arrange a charter trip for the winner and extra guests... How does it sound to you guys?:D :D :D

RickBomba
09-27-2003, 10:40 PM
Talked to Mikey at 5 pm today...
He was super stinking drunk.
Me, on the other hand, gonna fire up the Formula on the Ct river tomorow, be back in time to watch the 2nd 1/2 of the3 Pats game with the 'rents, then meet with my lawyer 5 pm Monday to hopefully get this thing on the road.:D
Later,
Rick

BasicPatrick
09-28-2003, 12:31 AM
It is Saturdazy night at 1 am

The Truck is loaded...15 Rods, ciountless plugs, livewell, eel well, waders and all.

My annual sojourn to the MV Derby starts at 7 am tomorrow (Sunday morning) when I leave hull for 14 glorious days in Mecca.

anyone Down over the next two weeks please say hello.

I am driving a red GMC jimmy (full size) and am pretty much always wearing a MSBa Hat.

I am coming home next weekend as I am one of 9 finalists in the Save the Harbor Save The Bay tournament. I won August boat Bass and have to be at the Awards friday night to get my shot at the boat

Anyway good bye for 2 weeks and keep fishing...