Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   How To and Favorite Plug Forum Guides (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   It's About the Plug (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=57821)

Clogston29 10-20-2008 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
my best plug fish this year, from a warmer time

ProfessorM 10-20-2008 09:29 AM

Thats a beauty Josh

Mr. Krinkle 10-24-2008 06:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I took my new yellow danny from my "Danny Time" post and fished it for the first time lastnight. Had non stop action for 3 hours. Nothing huge, except bluefish, but did have a couple decent fish. I have no pics of fish (I don't like to bring the camera out on the jetty) but do have this pic of my danny after 3 hours of use.

numbskull 10-24-2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krinkle (Post 631852)
I took my new yellow danny from my "Danny Time" post and fished it for the first time lastnight. Had non stop action for 3 hours. Nothing huge, except bluefish, but did have a couple decent fish. I have no pics of fish (I don't like to bring the camera out on the jetty) but do have this pic of my danny after 3 hours of use.

Congrats. That first hit on your own plug is one great feeling, whatever the size of the fish.

RIROCKHOUND 10-25-2008 10:17 AM

Hi:
My name is Bryan and last night, I c/r a nice healthy 38" fish on a plug.
Whew.
that was tough to say!

Of course, the guy next to me throwing an eel released a larger fish:fishslap:

The weapon was a Gags lime green needle.

For my sins I will say:
four 'hail eely's'
Three 'Our Anguilla's'
And make the sign of the eel four times

Sorry backbeach.
You must be disappointed in me :D:D:D

ProfessorM 10-25-2008 06:56 PM

Nice to have you at the plugaholics meeting. There's plenty of coffee in the back. Stick around and you can get your 24 hour chip. Dr. Bill would be proud of you.

Mr. Krinkle 10-26-2008 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bunker pencil that got a little beat up by some big bluefish the other day.

RIROCKHOUND 10-26-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 632075)
Nice to have you at the plugaholics meeting. There's plenty of coffee in the back. Stick around and you can get your 24 hour chip. Dr. Bill would be proud of you.

I'll be back on the eel-pipe before the end of the week, faster than a crack-ho w/a fresh 100.00 bill! :musc:

I'm not opposed to throwing a big purple Hawg pencil made by some machinist, especially during the day!
best casting plug in my bag!

ProfessorM 10-26-2008 03:06 PM

You still have that thing. It hasn't fallen apart by now.

RIROCKHOUND 10-26-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 632272)
You still have that thing. It hasn't fallen apart by now.

Yeah.
still going strong. Finish is beat...
Well made.

ProfessorM 10-27-2008 03:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
One from today. Not large but fun. I did pretty well on this sandeel looking needle. I intend to make some more this winter. Maple weighted on the bottom in several spots. Real nice swimming action. Fish were not abundant today but what a beauty weather wise. Fished in a t shirt it was so warm and calm.

Bronko 10-27-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 632512)
One from today. Not large but fun. I did pretty well on this sandeel looking needle. I intend to make some more this winter. Maple weighted on the bottom in several spots. Real nice swimming action. Fish were not abundant today but what a beauty weather wise. Fished in a t shirt it was so warm and calm.

Nice work Paul!:wave:

merch 11-22-2008 04:48 PM

steelhead

2 Attachment(s)
Just found this thread.

A friend of mine, John, more well known to you guys as "steelhead" has been nice nough to keep me ankle deep in some quality wood this season.

I wanted to put up a couple of pics to showcase his work.

The spook and pencil are 8 and 9 inches respectively and are some of the best performing ones I have ever laid my hands on.

The spook is the perkiest for it's size that I've ever used and can even jump out of the water if coerced enough. It did some work on some rather large Rhody spring bass chasing bunker. The pencil is very unique as well. I can just about stop reeling and just bounce the tip and it will dance in place.

Both are covered in battle scars.

The danny's are a couple more of the most recent additions to my collection and are a little less abused. I had some the same size and shape in yellow for the spring and they are remarkable slow rolling movers and poppers to say the least. The wide belly on Johns danny's is part of what makes them so unique and functional.

Keep up the good work john and can't wait to see what you turn out this winter!

Somebody needed to toot his horn. His stuff is getting really good. :)

thanks to you S-B guys for helping him out along the way too!

steelhead 11-23-2008 04:03 PM

Thanks for the "Toot" Merch. Your thoughtfulness and powers of observation helped me along the way on the Danny. I got a bunch more downstairs right now. :) There's going to be a bit of lip fiddling on a couple.

Tagger 11-25-2008 04:53 AM

BI fishing trip .. took my blue/white needle ..

Pete F. 12-01-2008 04:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple of my favorite plugs from this year.
Hey, they started out pretty
A black and gold Senior Musso surface swimmer about 7-1/2"
and a white musso surface swimmer about 6"

Pete F. 12-01-2008 04:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple of Pencil poppers

Pete F. 12-01-2008 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This one caught a striper almost every cast one night from a breachway. A few bluefish too. Enough fish so I was sore the next day from climbing down.

scottw 12-03-2008 01:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
early- stubby needle was great
mid-season- top water and eelskin needle
September and on -9" lobster needle was the only thing I wanted to throw

lost all of them eventually though

merch 12-03-2008 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 643373)
early- stubby needle was great
mid-season- top water and eelskin needle
September and on -9" lobster needle was the only thing I wanted to throw

lost all of them eventually though

Scott,
You lost the lobster needle? Too bad, I know you had fun with it.

Good to see a picture of it next to a good fish.

I guess you'll just have to make a few more.

You should shoot steelhead a line and ask him what kind of needles he makes. I'm thinking you'd like to hear what he has to say.

I also know he just got a new airbrush setup and judging by the care you put into finishing your stuff I'm also guessing he'd like to hear what you have to say.

;)