Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Sunday Morning Tools! (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=84027)

numbskull 11-27-2013 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt Striper (Post 1022639)
Pikie/Cowboy hybrid in the lower left of photo, 8" and probably 4.5 oz. when done.

Good time of the year to dream large. Neat looking plug. I think Pikies are on the agenda for me as well this year.

ProfessorM 12-01-2013 09:12 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Cellar is now officially cleaned and stuff is put away, although after I loaded in 2 boats worth of tackle, rods, reels, life jackets, 15 hp motor, anchors, etc....... plus canal bike and all that tackle and rods, I don't have a hell of a lot of room left. Cozy is an understatement. I got way too much stuff. Good thing wife doesn't go down there as I got a no girls allowed sign on cellar door. It works, so far.
Today I start getting stock together for stuff I will make this winter. I use the bandsaw at work so I need to bring stock there to cut to length and rough out if need be.
In my cleaning I discovered that I have so many plugs already turned, but not finished, already that I really don't need to make anymore but I also discovered that I don't fish some of them anymore so I probably will never finish them and I now have other plugs that I made in years gone by and have used this year that I found to have merit, as George would say, and look forward to making a few more and fishing next season. So let the insanity begin.

Does it really look like I need more plugs??:smash:

JohnnySaxatilis 12-01-2013 09:15 AM

good lord paul... makes me feel somewhat ok about myself :rotf2:

BigFish 12-01-2013 09:16 AM

Wow Paul?? I think I would remove all the plugs and spill a can of gasoline down there! LOL!!:jump1:

ProfessorM 12-01-2013 09:24 AM

That is an old picture. The benches are clean as a whistle and it is all organized now. The low hanging plugs keep the tall guys out of my shop.:uhuh: 5' 10" is the height limit. Hobbit shop.

Hookedagain 12-01-2013 09:24 AM

You're right Paul.....way too many plugs. You're in luck though, today only I am taking donations! I'll take the row with all those sexy needles. Thanks.

Great collection and its a good thing you're not 6" tall.

Sea Dangles 12-01-2013 11:00 AM

I have met Paul and he IS over 6" tall.

stripermaineiac 12-01-2013 11:49 AM

LOL We are a sick bunch. Looks like my place LOL. Hard part is when tal people slip and end up with plugage as ear rings an such LOL. mike Toole is not someone to try to walk around a short guys plug room LOL

Hookedagain 12-01-2013 02:24 PM

I saw that when I posted it and figured I'd see who the first guy to catch it would be. Sea Dangles is the winner.

Mr. Sandman 12-01-2013 03:46 PM

My workshop is a mess as well and I really need to spend a couple days just getting rid of crap and re-organizing what's left. But after looking at the Professor's photos...I am feeling a little better now...thanks.:) You have made effective use of available volume, not just area.

Swimmer 12-02-2013 10:41 AM

I walked down cellar into the Professors cave and did not notice the hangings plugs at first. Then I glanced up and what an amzing thing to see, all those plugs, wow.

nightfighter 12-03-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman (Post 1023278)
My workshop is a mess as well and I really need to spend a couple days just getting rid of crap and re-organizing what's left. But after looking at the Professor's photos...I am feeling a little better now...thanks.:) You have made effective use of available volume, not just area.

Yep. Me too.... It is also my workshop for my livelihood, which makes it worse. Too many horizontal surfaces that are covered with tools and stuff...

Muskyslayer96 12-04-2013 06:03 AM

Oh My Paul....What a beautiful site to see :uhuh:

Love all the plugs hanging...and I could comfortably fit under them!!

Hope all is well....Happy building

MS

ProfessorM 12-05-2013 08:26 PM

All well here, likewise your way I hope. Enjoying those kiddies I would imagine. You getting plenty of winter up your way? Please keep it out there will you.

fishing bum wannabe 12-05-2013 09:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Because am still suffering from withdrawal, and because I had a request from a Ditch Troll I turned some bottle poppers tonight to be weighted to 3 oz for the canal. The flourescent orange is a 2.3 oz from last winter that I painted up hoping to blunder into fish on squid in the canal. The new ones will be either blue backed mackeral (for the Ditch Troll) or white for me.

I won't post any pictures of my shop. Although well equipped it's a wreck. I got to visit Paul last winter and was stunned with how clean and organized his shop was.

Raven 12-06-2013 05:26 AM

Okay PAUL
break out the CAMERA !
and do a clean shop photo op
to inspire others to be _______. :)
i know i could benefit

pbadad 12-15-2013 09:18 AM

Just finish glueing in 50 glass eyes. Nice eyes ( the plug) Larry.

iamskippy 12-15-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbadad (Post 1024873)
Just finish glueing in 50 glass eyes. Nice eyes ( the plug) Larry.

Nice, i think 2014 building season for me is going to be all blind.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

tysdad115 12-15-2013 11:22 AM

Paul, I showed Tyler the picture he asked when we're heading over your house!

ProfessorM 12-15-2013 01:12 PM

He is welcome any time. Now you will have to stay outside your over the height limit. Sorry.
I started turning some plugs yesterday as I had some time to myself yesterday afternoon and may do some more today. Felt good to make some sawdust.

nightfighter 01-26-2014 06:54 PM

Finally got underway. Planed, ripped, and cut AYC stock I got at Plugfest last year. Got 14 spook bodies turned and will get more done this week, as well as getting some drilled and sealed.

Mojo7 01-29-2014 08:50 AM

Finally been back out in the shop. Thanks to George from Lefthook for putting me on to these sphere burs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLzwK...ature=youtu.be

BigFish 01-29-2014 10:26 AM

He no doubt warned you to be careful of your digits if it grabs?

Mojo7 01-29-2014 01:56 PM

He did but I also learned the hard way!:smash:

iamskippy 01-29-2014 05:30 PM

I got.one from rudy, i just need to figure out how to.clean out the wood......

I also saw someone do that on a lathe was pretty interesting.

eskimo 01-29-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iamskippy (Post 1030184)
I got.one from rudy, i just need to figure out how to.clean out the wood......

I also saw someone do that on a lathe was pretty interesting.

tooth brush

BigFish 01-29-2014 07:39 PM

Better than a tooth brush is a small wire brush about the size of a tooth brush you get in the heating supply aisle at Homies or Lowes! Its perfect and cleans them right out!

iamskippy 01-29-2014 07:40 PM

Seems to be hard packed, almost thought about taking flame to it.

Swimmer 02-01-2014 08:55 AM

I use a wire brush. Takes a bit of foing sometimes, but it works.