Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Building the double J.. (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=56021)

Slipknot 03-19-2009 10:38 PM

:D

blondterror 03-19-2009 10:47 PM

Thank you for sharing ALL this valuable information that you have presented here with great details and pictures. I learned a lot and really appreciate your hard work on this tutorial-

chris

eskimo 03-19-2009 11:33 PM

wow, way awesome. I love seeing the process just as much as the finished product.

thanks rockfish for posting this, I had to bookmark this thread for future reference.

Big D 03-20-2009 04:48 AM

Just read your tutorial, another great one!!! Thanks for taking the time and sharing all that great info. I have learned many new things, looking forward to applying them in my next build. Makes me want to call in sick!!!! Thanks-again Joe !

Tagger 03-20-2009 07:51 AM

Thanks Joe .. I learned a few things .. I had a couple of "Dohh !! Why didn't I think of that" moments . now .. I have to re-read a few times..

Rockfish9 03-20-2009 08:26 AM

Thanks guys, it took alot longer to put this together than it did to make a dozen plugs..obviously, I didnt think of every "trick" or idea on my own, some are original, others borrowed, some out right stolen!.. the thing is this, in this scociety of "me" first, alot of people just take, I've found on this site, the plug forum in particlar, you gents give unselfishly of your thoughts and findings... I felt, that in a small way ,it was time to give something back, so if just one of you comes away with an idea, it was all worth it.. so to all, I say thank you for contributing what you know , I for one know it has made me a better plug builder.

kickin'bass ass 03-20-2009 08:27 AM

WOW!!!!that was awesome!!i learned so much from that,especially the jigs,i am soon going to start building a jointed swimmer and was wondering about the jointed part off it ,but not now.a very well presented tutorial,pictures were especially helpful.thank you

Raven 03-20-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockfish9 (Post 675303)
I have other pictures

this plug has caught me alot of fish, some real brutes at that,

Roc

When you find the time JOE

show us them BRUTES :btu:

scottw 03-20-2009 09:27 AM

the finished product is spectacular and the information is invaluable, great stuff!!!

GooGoo Man 03-20-2009 08:38 PM

All I can say is, Thank You Joe.

You the man! :jump:

numbskull 03-20-2009 08:57 PM

Fun, informative read....and a ton of work on your part. Thanks.

NIB 03-21-2009 06:41 AM

Wow..Joe,
You make me want to go and make a plug..
I certainly can appreciate all the work you put into that.
Awesome job.
:kewl:

Backbeach Jake 03-21-2009 06:43 AM

Can't thank you enough for that! Now I know how to really make a plug.:eek5:

GooGoo Man 03-21-2009 08:36 AM

Joe, I have a question,

Is there a reason you do not turn the head & the tail at the same time? Useing one longer piece of glued up stock.

Ake G 03-21-2009 10:34 AM

What a great read!!! Thanks for taking the time to document and post this here.

Rockfish9 03-21-2009 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GooGoo Man (Post 675698)
Joe, I have a question,

Is there a reason you do not turn the head & the tail at the same time? Useing one longer piece of glued up stock.

Economics.... I pre cut almost every blank to 8 1/2"... after sawing a 4X4X12' hunk of cedar ( of coarse it's not realy 4X4) but when making smaller plugs, instead of makeing extra saw dust, I resaw the lumber, it turns fastrer less wate, the thin peices can then v=be glued to make needle fish, smaller plugd etc... same with the maple, when i make darters, rather than make shaving form all that lumber I re saw it...

LaPala 03-23-2009 09:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Excellent tutorial there Joe. Appreciate all the time you took to prepare it.

I hope you do not mine me compiling it into a pdf format (attached) with some editorial spell check & butchering of your photos :devil2: Seeking permission to distribute it for those who asks too, okay by you?.

ProfessorM 03-23-2009 12:06 PM

nice job

Rockfish9 03-23-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaPala (Post 676057)
Excellent tutorial there Joe. Appreciate all the time you took to prepare it.

I hope you do not mine me compiling it into a pdf format (attached) with some editorial spell check & butchering of your photos :devil2: Seeking permission to distribute it for those who asks too, okay by you?.

if I did not want it on the net, I would not have put it up... be my guest... spell check is good... it takes me too long to correct my mis spellings and typographical errors...

LaPala 03-24-2009 12:49 AM

Thanks Joe, need to ask as sometimes some forum post are frowned upon when distributed outside of it.

Didn't take too long with the spell check, the machine did most of the work. Layout and resizing the pictures to fit took sometime though. Thanks again :cheers:

nightfighter 01-09-2013 05:12 PM

was doing a search on laminating and read this thread again.... great stuff

vineyardblues 01-10-2013 08:47 AM

your too good to us Joe