Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Ford's demands are out (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=94220)

PaulS 09-22-2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1151665)
It’s one thing for people to think you are an idiot but another thing entirely to prove it by posting stuff like that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

It's one thing for people to think you know nothing but it's an another thing entirely to prove it by posting nothing repeatedly.

Sea Dangles 09-22-2018 03:08 PM

Touché

Sea Dangles 09-22-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1151676)
Sadly none of it bothers you .... that in itself is telling

I told you I don’t like Trump.
Jim has told you the same many times....

The fact you insist on saying he is our guy or that his actions don’t bother us.....that is why I called you an idiot.

But keep beating the drum,it makes a real difference.

scottw 09-23-2018 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1151680)

#metoo

scottw 09-23-2018 04:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
oops....

Long-Time Friend of Christine Blasey Ford Contradicts Her on Party

"A friend of the woman who has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault has denied that she was at the party where the alleged assault occurred.

The Senate Judiciary Committee reached out to Leland Ingham Keyser, a friend of Christine Blasey Ford.

Ms. Keyser, whom CNN confirms is “a lifelong friend of Ford’s,” is the third named witness to deny any knowledge of the allegations.
Keyser’s lawyer, Howard Walsh, responded to the committee late Saturday in a written statement.

“Simply put, Ms. Keyser does not know Mr. Kavanaugh and she has no recollection of ever being at a party or gathering where he was present, with, or without, Dr. Ford,” the attorney wrote.

All of Ford's named witnesses of the party, both male and female, have now denied any recollection of attending such a party. Mark Judge and Patrick J. Smyth have also issued statements rejecting Ford’s recollection."

spence 09-23-2018 09:03 AM

She was her friend not her baby sitter

The Dad Fisherman 09-23-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1151687)
#metoo

#Ditto

scottw 09-23-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1151696)
She was her friend not her baby sitter

nobody suggested she was her baby sitter

detbuch 09-23-2018 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1151697)
#Ditto

I didn't like him before he ran for President. I didn't like him when he made mincemeat out of the other 15 Republicans who he ran against . . . but it did make me laugh at the way he did it, which drew me toward neutral like/dislike. And since he has been constantly attacked by all sides and "media," I have begun a sort of sympathy like. But not really a like. Though I like when some of his policies seem to be working. And I am not a fan of fake media. But I had that dislike way before Trump.

PaulS 09-23-2018 12:58 PM

Have the FBI investigate and they will all be under oath. Otherwise it's just he said she said.

spence 09-23-2018 10:19 PM

Come on, he’s done.

Raider Ronnie 09-24-2018 05:46 AM

Woman is supposedly raped or sexually assaulted and waits 30 years before she says a word 🤔

RIROCKHOUND 09-24-2018 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1151721)
Woman is supposedly raped or sexually assaulted and waits 30 years before she says a word 🤔

How many men waited 30 years after a priest diddled them to say a word?🤔

Got Stripers 09-24-2018 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie (Post 1151721)

Ignorant! You either don’t care or are completely out of touch with the fear a young victom feels about coming forward.

Nebe 09-24-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1151724)
Ignorant! You either don’t care or are completely out of touch with the fear a young victom feels about coming forward.

He doesn’t care.

The Dad Fisherman 09-24-2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1151719)
Come on, he’s done.

You’d have fit in well in 1600’s Salem.

spence 09-24-2018 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1151726)
You’d have fit in well in 1600’s Salem.

You have two accusers now and Michael Avenatti claiming to have people stating much worse.

One of Kavanaugh’s good friends tries to pin it on another classmate potentially creating a defamation case.

This is a mess. Time for a mulligan.

scottw 09-24-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1151727)
You have two accusers now and Michael Avenatti claiming to have people stating much worse.

One of Kavanaugh’s good friends tries to pin it on another classmate potentially creating a defamation case.

you are embarrassing yourself

wdmso 09-24-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1151680)

The fact you insist on saying he is our guy or that his actions don’t bother us.....that is why I called you an idiot.

But keep beating the drum,it makes a real difference.

Jim beats the drums 247 seems you dont have an issue with what he's playing

On one issue after another – from Russia and free trade to corruption and the rule of law – Republicans have adjusted their principles to conform with Trumpism, which often means with Trump’s latest glandular impulse.

you cant be a fence walker with Trump.. you're on the team or your not ..

its like being friends with a wife beater .. because he's a good fisherman...
you cant have it both ways .. thats my point

Raider Ronnie 09-24-2018 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1151724)

Victims feelings ???
Both accusers (the 2nd one admitted it) they were so drunk they have no idea how they got there,who was there, when it happened etc.....,
The only certainty is both will have no problem remember to cash the check from Soros !

Raider Ronnie 09-24-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 1151725)
He doesn’t care.

Don’t care ???
Do some research.
I’m one of the biggest haters of child molesters and have had no problem calling them out.
Go back in the archives and look.

Jim in CT 09-24-2018 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1151727)

You still, after 2 years, have no idea who's in the Oval Office. I mean if real evidence is presented, that's one thing. But Trump isn't going to want to withdraw his nominee, based on allegations that have zero supporting evidence, and a fair amount of contradictory evidence.

If an unsubstantiated allegation is enough to disqualify someone, then no one will ever get confirmed. The minority party, especially if it's the democrats, will always get someone to come forward.

It's also interesting to me, that apparently the state of MD has no statute of limitations on such a crime. If that's true (that's what I'm hearing), why isn't Ford asking the MD police to investigate, why is she limiting her storytelling to the political arena?

Then as far as Senate Democrats go, none of them is saying Keith Ellison must resign, so that shows you how sincere they are.

As for Fitgerald, the second accuser...the New York Times refused to run the story, because they didn't believe it. Case closed.

Pete F. 09-24-2018 12:09 PM

Looking at the latest poll, by Fox, i would suggest that in the interest of the Republican Party Kavanaugh should withdraw.
Half of the voters would not confirm him currently and many say the hearings and votes will affect how they view their candidates.
If you only look at suburban women things get worse.
The political rebound from having him withdraw, saying we don't think he is guilty but yada yada yada it is the most important appointment and we need to have the right candidate etc. and nominating someone else will have positive effects on the voters most needed in the midterms.
Keep going down this rabbithole and nothing good will happen.

scottw 09-24-2018 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1151753)

i would suggest that in the interest of the Republican Party Kavanaugh should withdraw.

that would only encourage evil democrats to continue their evil ways

Jim in CT 09-24-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1151702)
Have the FBI investigate and they will all be under oath. Otherwise it's just he said she said.

What will an FBI investigation really accomplish, in practical terms? The FBI investigated Clarence Thomas, found zero evidence he did anything wrong. Did the democrats and the media all get together and give him an apology? Nope. Anita Hill is all over the media, being asked what it was like to be a victim. They pretty much dismissed the FBI investigation because the outcome didn't serve their agenda.

What times we live in, I gotta tell you.

Jim in CT 09-24-2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1151747)
Jim beats the drums 247 seems you dont have an issue with what he's playing

On one issue after another – from Russia and free trade to corruption and the rule of law – Republicans have adjusted their principles to conform with Trumpism, which often means with Trump’s latest glandular impulse.

you cant be a fence walker with Trump.. you're on the team or your not ..

its like being friends with a wife beater .. because he's a good fisherman...
you cant have it both ways .. thats my point

What drum do I beat 24/7, that Trump is awesome? Right...

Jim in CT 09-24-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1151757)
that would only encourage evil democrats to continue their evil ways

Exactly.

If there's real evidence, some serious evidence, then he should go away. I don't think they should do it based just on unsubstantiated allegations.

The same pollsters at Foxnews said Hilary was going to win big.

PaulS 09-24-2018 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1151758)
What will an FBI investigation really accomplish, in practical terms? The FBI investigated Clarence Thomas, found zero evidence he did anything wrong. Did the democrats and the media all get together and give him an apology? Nope. Anita Hill is all over the media, being asked what it was like to be a victim. They pretty much dismissed the FBI investigation because the outcome didn't serve their agenda.

What times we live in, I gotta tell you.

Most of what A H and C T said dealt with he said she said. In this instance(s) there are other witnessess. One said he was there and it didn't occur but doesn't want to testify - well put him under oath. With the new person - some say they remember hearing about it that night or the following morning. Put them under oath and see if they are credible.

The Repubs are saying a vote needs to occur - why the self imposed deadline? There is no reason for a deadline for such an important position.

scottw 09-24-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1151761)
Most of what A H and C T said dealt with he said she said. In this instance(s) there are other witnessess. One said he was there and it didn't occur but doesn't want to testify - well put him under oath. With the new person - some say they remember hearing about it that night or the following morning. Put them under oath and see if they are credible.

The Repubs are saying a vote needs to occur - why the self imposed deadline? There is no reason for a deadline for such an important position.

you are smarter than this

Jim in CT 09-24-2018 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1151700)
I didn't like him before he ran for President. I didn't like him when he made mincemeat out of the other 15 Republicans who he ran against . . . but it did make me laugh at the way he did it, which drew me toward neutral like/dislike. And since he has been constantly attacked by all sides and "media," I have begun a sort of sympathy like. But not really a like. Though I like when some of his policies seem to be working. And I am not a fan of fake media. But I had that dislike way before Trump.

And i like my bigger paycheck and insane IRA balance.

And I like how he's sticking by Kavanaugh, I do admire that. Trump could care less.