Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Political Jabbering (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=35949)

stripersnipr 11-16-2006 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 433991)
Actually this has been researched quite heavily in the most terror prone place on the planet...Palestine.

About 20% of Palestenian suicide bombers are thought to be Islamists. The vast majority are quite normal people who see no other course in life because of rage, humiliation and despair.

-spence

Guess what."Quite normal people" dont blow themselves up.

spence 11-16-2006 03:00 PM

Is it so difficult to believe?

Go do your own reading, I don't remember where I read it...I'm sure you can find a lot of stuff online.

-spence

spence 11-16-2006 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripersnipr (Post 433993)

Yea, well quite normal people don't engage in ethnic cleansing or genocide either...

Yet it still happens over and over again.

-spence

JohnR 11-16-2006 03:12 PM

Damn - I just typed out one helluva rant but I'll save ot for later :hee: :musc: :yak: :fishslap: :tm:

stripersnipr 11-16-2006 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 433995)
Yea, well quite normal people don't engage in ethnic cleansing or genocide either...

-spence

Come on, your slipping. You've find a way to rationalize suicide bombing I'm sure you can spin a logical and reasonable rational for genocide and ethnic cleansing.

spence 11-16-2006 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripersnipr (Post 434001)
You've find a way to rationalize suicide bombing I'm sure you can spin a logical and reasonable rational for genocide and ethnic cleansing.

I've rationalized nothing...

Jesus, If I read a story on Germany in WWII does that make me a Nazi?

-spence

RIJIMMY 11-16-2006 03:53 PM

I would love to hear John's rant

Raven 11-16-2006 04:09 PM

me too

but of course JohnR has a degree in Rantology

Skitterpop 11-16-2006 05:03 PM

Understanding a situation or behaviour does not imply that ones agrees with the outcome.

JohnR 11-16-2006 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 434020)
I would love to hear John's rant

Someday - just a little tourqued today :bl:

slapshot 11-17-2006 08:14 AM

"Rage, humiliation and dispair". I've seen that in these threads several times. I believe the Rage part, but how have these poor muslims been humiliated? What about dispair?

I must confess I am not really interested in understanding why. I'd rather see genocide used on them. But how the f have these guys been humiliated? I believe they humiliate themselves (burkha, rape as punishment, treat women like dogs.) But how has America humiliated muslims? Have they been humiliated by political cartoons and skits on SNL?

RIJIMMY 11-17-2006 09:08 AM

Slapshot, thats an easy one! Look how poor countries like Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are! We steal their oil! The poor shieks can barely afford the 200 inch tvs in the Bentleys! Look how poor Muslims are persecuted in this country! they cant worship in peace, everywhere they go, people throw rocks at them. And the LAST straw and most humiliating, our media does not show the valiant mulsim warriors beheading Americans on TV!! How shameful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spence 11-17-2006 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapshot (Post 434151)
I must confess I am not really interested in understanding why. I'd rather see genocide used on them.

That's obvious. I always did think genocide was a core American value.

-spence

spence 11-17-2006 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIJIMMY (Post 434165)
Slapshot, thats an easy one! Look how poor countries like Saudi Arabia and Kuwait are! We steal their oil! The poor shieks can barely afford the 200 inch tvs in the Bentleys! Look how poor Muslims are persecuted in this country! they cant worship in peace, everywhere they go, people throw rocks at them. And the LAST straw and most humiliating, our media does not show the valiant mulsim warriors beheading Americans on TV!! How shameful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're missing the point entirely.

It's a mainstream Muslim belief that Western influence has allowed Middle Eastern leaders to oppress their people to keep cheap oil flowing.

And guess what? A large part of it is true.

It doesn't mean it's our fault, they certainly have the responsibility to provide for their own people...but still, it is what it is. Bin Laden and others tap into this reality to fuel their fight.

There's volumes of reading available online or at your local library. I highly recommend taking some time to better understand the situation.

-spence

slapshot 11-17-2006 10:53 AM

Cheap oil? Wait a minute, I thought George Bush, the GOP and BIG OIL were artificially boosting the price of oil? This is so confusing!

spence 11-17-2006 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slapshot (Post 434198)
Cheap oil? Wait a minute, I thought George Bush, the GOP and BIG OIL were artificially boosting the price of oil? This is so confusing!

I think there's a little bit of world history before Bush became president.

-spence

Canalman 11-17-2006 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stripersnipr (Post 433993)

Well, I'd have to agree with that :whackin:

As much as it pains me :bl:

Canalman 11-17-2006 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 433995)

-spence

Agree with that too

Canalman 11-17-2006 11:56 AM

I knew this would get going eventually... I almost titled the post "light fuse and get away".... Maybe I should have. :bl:

Skitterpop 11-17-2006 12:27 PM

KaaaaaaaaaaaBoooooooooooommmmmmm

1 Attachment(s)
:faga:

Swimmer 11-18-2006 02:25 PM

Jr's rant

If someone else posted what JR was going to rant about does that make that person a rantamime? Du ohh :wave: :hidin: :nailem: