Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Grumpy Old Pharts Board (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   209 (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=33255)

ProfessorM 01-02-2009 08:52 PM

No damage reveled after the MRI. Just bad tendinitis. He wants me to take anti inflammatory drug for a month or 2 and then see if i am still in pain. It has been going on for about 5 years. I kind of just got used to it. I am not a big fan of getting cut so I will exhaust all possibilities. Now to make the Hersey highway call.

Tagger 01-02-2009 09:02 PM

Good Luck Paul and don't forget to weigh in .. I'm still board leader here..Be interresting to see how a liteweight does .. You'll be farting dust when its time to go in .. Congrats Ross .. Thats great news .. really though ,, 5.5 pounds .. what a disapointment .. sounds like a normal crap to me ..

striperman36 01-02-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 651160)
No damage reveled after the MRI. Just bad tendinitis. He wants me to take anti inflammatory drug for a month or 2 and then see if i am still in pain. It has been going on for about 5 years. I kind of just got used to it. I am not a big fan of getting cut so I will exhaust all possibilities. Now to make the Hersey highway call.

Until they perfect a why to use mri's instead, drinking the cleanout juice is the only way to go.
It's amazing to see 35 guys ready to go in, BUMC does that many each session. Well worth it to insure you have no issues.

ProfessorM 01-03-2009 03:40 PM

Dumb if you don't do it. Lost my wifes father a few years back from colon cancer. Rotten way to watch someone go.

nightfighter 12-14-2009 08:57 PM

Geez, Paul....Only took you a year........

nightfighter 08-25-2021 09:35 AM

Thought of this old thread as I have to begin the process this afternoon, with colonoscopy at 0800 tomorrow. New cleanout juice. Mix with Gatorade. Only a half gallon as opposed to full gallon. My stomach is already growling and I am hungry but the thing isn't until tomorrow!

Lot of old names in this thread we don't see posting anymore.....

PaulS 08-25-2021 11:55 AM

I did it about 1 month ago. 20 pills and about 6 glasses of water total.

Good luck Ross.

Got Stripers 08-25-2021 01:32 PM

Sh*t happens I’m good for ten years now and by then I might not give a damn.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Guppy 08-25-2021 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1213147)
Sh*t happens I’m good for ten years now and by then I might not give a damn.

Yes u will,,,, been there

Got Stripers 08-25-2021 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guppy (Post 1213153)
Yes u will,,,, been there

Father and his brother suffered horribly with Alzheimer’s, might not care about much if it’s genetic. My family has instructions to cover that possible outcome and if severe, moving to a state allowing family help me go on my terms is in the cards.

nightfighter 08-25-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Got Stripers (Post 1213156)
Father and his brother suffered horribly with Alzheimer’s, might not care about much if it’s genetic. My family has instructions to cover that possible outcome and if severe, moving to a state allowing family help me go on my terms is in the cards.

My mother had a ten inch section of her colon removed when she was 54 years old, so we three "kids" are on a five year plan for this procedure/scan. Makes sense....

Mom also suffered dementia, as did her mother... So instructions here are to mix any and all pain killers I have hidden away from surgeries, repeat the compass course for me to take out to the bank, and be sure they are holding the plug in their hand when I leave the dock....

nightfighter 08-26-2021 08:53 AM

Five pounds....

nightfighter 08-31-2021 05:33 PM

Just a heads up for you guys going in for this.... ASK what they are going to use for your moderate sedation! They gave me fentanyl!!!! Only 125 micrograms, but it was never discussed. Wiped me out. Got driven home and slept from 10:30 to 4pm..... Not happy to have found that out after looking at my patient portal, not is the anesthesiologist listed. I have had the two major knee procedures, each lasting between 90 and 150 minutes. Never had a hangover like that. I was asking for coffee in the recovery room after the last one. That fentanyl had to be the culprit. Bad chit!

Guppy 09-01-2021 06:14 AM

I was due for this prior to covid,,, I’d better call,,,,