Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Pelosi defends MS-13 from Trump (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=93790)

Jim in CT 06-05-2018 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1144041)
I'd be astounded if it happened once.

I'm sure you would be.

Spence, why did your party get its azz so resoundingly kicked, at all levels, during the Obama years?

Lemme guess...racism? Hate? Or was it because people like me got tired of being slandered, tired of being painted so dishonestly?

spence 06-05-2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1144046)
I'm sure you would be.

Spence, why did your party get its azz so resoundingly kicked, at all levels, during the Obama years?

Lemme guess...racism? Hate? Or was it because people like me got tired of being slandered, tired of being painted so dishonestly?

You mean those years where the Democratic Party held the presidency for two terms, the Senate more than half the time and a higher number of Governors more than half the time?

Yes, resoundingly kicked in deed.

Jim in CT 06-05-2018 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1144049)
You mean those years where the Democratic Party held the presidency for two terms, the Senate more than half the time and a higher number of Governors more than half the time?

Yes, resoundingly kicked in deed.

The democrats lost almost 1,000 seats (at the national, state, and local level) during his 8 years. I see you left out state legislatures and the house of representatives, can't imagine why. I guess those don't matter...

Sea Dangles 06-05-2018 03:23 PM

It's quite amusing watching Jim slap around the circle jerk crew. A tired but decided beating but they lead with the chin.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

spence 06-05-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1144051)
The democrats lost almost 1,000 seats (at the national, state, and local level) during his 8 years. I see you left out state legislatures and the house of representatives, can't imagine why. I guess those don't matter...

House was flat. As for local stuff I see you're not posting any data.

Jim in CT 06-05-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1144069)
House was flat. As for local stuff I see you're not posting any data.

Dems controlled the house after the 2008 election, and had a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. I have no idea what you are talking about, you're just making up jibberish now.

"I see you're not posting any data'

Even as biased as you are, I assumed you already knew this. But OK...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...loundered.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...der-obama.html

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...egislatures-o/

https://www.npr.org/2016/03/04/46905...ency-heres-why

Here's a quote from the above NPR article, is that too right wing for you?

"Every president sees his party lose hundreds of positions — it's the price a party holding the White House pays — but no president has come close to Obama. During Obama's eight years in office, the Democrats have lost more House, Senate, state legislative and governors seats than under any other president.

When Obama took office, there were 60 Democratic senators; now there are 46. The number of House seats held by Democrats has shrunk from 257 to 188.

There are now nine fewer Democratic governors than in 2009. Democrats currently hold fewer elected offices nationwide than at any time since the 1920s."

Spence, you said the house seats were flat under Obama, NPR says the democrats dropped from 257 to 188. I don't know how good or bad you are at math, but in your world, does 257 = 188??

Have fun with that. And the NPR stats DON'T take into account the 2018 thumping.

Not your best showing Spence, not your best showing...

Sea Dangles 06-05-2018 08:23 PM

TKO🥊

The Dad Fisherman 06-06-2018 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Dangles (Post 1144083)
TKO🥊

visions of Tyson putting his mouth guard in backwards after getting walloped by Buster Douglas

scottw 06-06-2018 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1144035)
How many time do you think Clinton was called the C word at Trump's rallys?

"CRIMINAL"?.....probably quite often ;)

scottw 06-06-2018 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1144095)
visions of Tyson putting his mouth guard in backwards after getting walloped by Buster Douglas

c'mon...Spence....don't let them push you around like this...put on your pink hat and get back out there and make a fight of it!!!!

spence 06-06-2018 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1144097)
c'mon...Spence....don't let them push you around like this...put on your pink hat and get back out there and make a fight of it!!!!

I’d rather just let Jim punch himself out. His links don’t even back up his assertion. Demographics and gerrymandering don’t reflect ideology.

scottw 06-06-2018 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1144100)
I’d rather just let Jim punch himself out. His links don’t even back up his assertion. Demographics and gerrymandering don’t reflect ideology.

just tell him he's not smart enough to understand the complexities of the argument...that always works :uhuh:

Jim in CT 06-06-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1144100)

First you said democrats didn't lose house seats. Now it was only because of gerrymandering. Well, which is it? Did seats stay flat, or did the democrats lose seats?

"Demographics and gerrymandering don’t reflect ideology."

The articles also talked about the fact that the democrats lost US Senate seats, and governorships. Was that because of gerrymandering? How does gerrymandering impact a statewide race, exactly? And the only reason the GOP could gerrymander, was because of the Tea Party tidal wave of the 2010 midterms. There was no ideological effect that led to the genesis of the Tea Party? No? Tell that to Rick Santorum...

NPR said that no president has come close to losing as many seats as Obama. There was something unique there. Then, we elected the biggest jerk in history, to beat the most inevitable candidate in history. How did that happen? White privilege?

"I’d rather just let Jim punch himself out"

Don't hold your breath, you have a long wait. This is just too much fun.

scottw 06-06-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1144104)

Well, which is it?

whack-a-mole

Jim in CT 06-06-2018 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottw (Post 1144101)
just tell him he's not smart enough to understand the complexities of the argument...that always works :uhuh:

Don't forget context, I took it all out of context.

spence 06-06-2018 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1144104)
First you said democrats didn't lose house seats. Now it was only because of gerrymandering. Well, which is it? Did seats stay flat, or did the democrats lose seats?

I never said they didn't lose any seats, just if you look at it across the two terms it was pretty flat. The bigger point is there's little correlation between dem losses and your vastly superior ideology. The dems did manage to hold onto a lot of significant government control under Obama and the local numbers can be accounted by a variety of means per the articles your referenced. Most of this stuff just flips back and forth every so often anyway.

Jim in CT 06-06-2018 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spence (Post 1144113)
I never said they didn't lose any seats, just if you look at it across the two terms it was pretty flat. The bigger point is there's little correlation between dem losses and your vastly superior ideology. The dems did manage to hold onto a lot of significant government control under Obama and the local numbers can be accounted by a variety of means per the articles your referenced. Most of this stuff just flips back and forth every so often anyway.

"I never said they didn't lose any seats, just if you look at it across the two terms it was pretty flat"

The Democrats lost 69 seats, according to NPR. That's not "pretty flat" by any sane definition.

"The bigger point is there's little correlation between dem losses and your vastly superior ideology."

Sure, sure, all those people voted for republicans specifically because they prefer liberalism to conservatism.

"Most of this stuff just flips back and forth every so often anyway"

NPR said no one comes close to Obama, in terms of losses.
You are correct, it goes back and forth. In 2008, the GOP got creamed, creamed all over the place, creamed as bad as you can get creamed.

spence 06-06-2018 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim in CT (Post 1144116)
"I never said they didn't lose any seats, just if you look at it across the two terms it was pretty flat"

The Democrats lost 69 seats, according to NPR. That's not "pretty flat" by any sane definition.

I said across his tenure, they lost the house and then it stayed pretty flat.

Quote:

"The bigger point is there's little correlation between dem losses and your vastly superior ideology."

Sure, sure, all those people voted for republicans specifically because they prefer liberalism to conservatism.
The votes that actually decide the election aren't cast for highly partisan reasons. Timing, organization and demographic issues pull a lot of people left and right.