Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   white cops vs black criminals (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=90842)

The Dad Fisherman 07-10-2016 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1104106)

Racism can easily just be stereotyping not sinister no overt intent .. Just inexperience in the job or life in general.. thats how I see the issue

But it seems easier for one side to yell Racism and the other side to say No there isn't than to have a frank conversation

There in lies the problem......stereotyping is NOT racism.....the term racist/racism gets thrown around way to frequently these days.

Racism is the feeling that someone is inferior to you strictly because of their race.

If you want to have an honest dialog about racism, how about we actually talk about racism. And not label every little politically incorrect thing that someone says or does as racism.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PaulS 07-11-2016 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1104114)
There in lies the problem......stereotyping is NOT racism.....the term racist/racism gets thrown around way to frequently these days.

I don't think a lot of the incidents have been as a result of racism but stereotyping.

buckman 07-11-2016 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1104121)
I don't think a lot of the incidents have been as a result of racism but stereotyping.

Like " white privilege" ?

Fly Rod 07-11-2016 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1104108)
And if he was a heroin addicted American High and fell from the tree or got narcaned 3 times in a day the tax payer would have still paid the bill cuz hes or shes on Mass health .. there is still more way more Legal lossers scamming but lets focus on the illegals we will attack them who far less likely to get benfits .. but fail to address the others and their rampant abuses

When U R wrong such as your statement, "illegals do not get benefits," U like to switch to other subjects such as addicts....not talking about addicts....please stay on subject matter or just do not say more when U R wrong.....:)

PaulS 07-11-2016 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1104123)
Like " white privilege" ?

I feel as a whitey I have a lot of privilege.

buckman 07-11-2016 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1104125)

That explains your incredible guilt I feel I earned what I have despite the government working against me .

PaulS 07-11-2016 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1104127)
That explains your incredible guilt I feel I earned what I have despite the government working against me .

Good one. I was able to drive to work today, change lanes and not put on my blinker. I didn't even get pulled over.

Watch out for those black helicopters.

buckman 07-11-2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1104129)
Good one. I was able to drive to work today, change lanes and not put on my blinker. I didn't even get pulled over.

Watch out for those black helicopters.

No conspiracy crazy person here Paul . I just know how many regulations and taxes I have to overcome to get to where I want to be .
Stop stereotyping people

wdmso 07-11-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fly Rod (Post 1104124)
When U R wrong such as your statement, "illegals do not get benefits," U like to switch to other subjects such as addicts....not talking about addicts....please stay on subject matter or just do not say more when U R wrong.....:)

no we are taking about the imaginary amount of free benefits illegals get.. but we'll ignore the c=vast numbers of Americans who use the Majority of theses free benefits

getting care for breaking ones back legal or not legal is not a benefit its human decency .. and most if not all hospitals have money set aside for the un insured for both Americans who can't pay and illegals who cant pay or the Family on Vacation who are from other Nations ..

wdmso 07-11-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman (Post 1104114)

Racism is the feeling that someone is inferior to you strictly because of their race.

If you want to have an honest dialog about racism, how about we actually talk about racism. And not label every little politically incorrect thing that someone says or does as racism.

Who's doing that pull a gun on a cop no matter your Race and you get killed I have no issues

But police killing people because they think they have a gun no matter the Race .. I have an issue with that

So whats a stereotype if it used and only assigned to 1 Race AKA BLACKS you dont think this is a Form of Racism ?

ecduzitgood 07-11-2016 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1104139)
no we are taking about the imaginary amount of free benefits illegals get.. but we'll ignore the c=vast numbers of Americans who use the Majority of theses free benefits

getting care for breaking ones back legal or not legal is not a benefit its human decency .. and most if not all hospitals have money set aside for the un insured for both Americans who can't pay and illegals who cant pay or the Family on Vacation who are from other Nations ..

And what about the American citizens who get pushed back in order to accommodate the illegals. What about the Americans who die because the healthcare syatem is flooded with illegal immigrants. Then what about the students who don't get the education they could be getting if illegals weren't slowing down the system or taking a seat that should be theirs.

FishermanTim 07-11-2016 10:40 AM

Unfortunately the media adheres to the "squeaky wheel gets the oil" train of thought, so regardless of whether they are right of wrong, if any one group shouts, screams and disrupts the general populace they will be heard and presented as the powers-that-be for the moment.

Since the uninformed masses don't care to hear logical intelligent conversation, and proof and factual information just give them a headache, they tend to rely on the old "you're a racist" battle cry!

Just the 21st century equivalent of lemming rushing off a cliff!

ecduzitgood 07-11-2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1104141)
Who's doing that pull a gun on a cop no matter your Race and you get killed I have no issues

But police killing people because they think they have a gun no matter the Race .. I have an issue with that

So whats a stereotype if it used and only assigned to 1 Race AKA BLACKS you dont think this is a Form of Racism ?

What incident are you referring to where someone got killed by police because they thought they had a gun?
I think job applications are racist. Why should my race have anything to do with my qualifications for the job.

PaulS 07-11-2016 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckman (Post 1104136)
Stop stereotyping people

but yet you're the one who made the assinine statement about white guilt:jump:

ecduzitgood 07-11-2016 10:52 AM

I see your white privilege and raise you affirmative action. ;)

Slipknot 07-11-2016 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1104139)

Why are we talking about imaginary benefits? why are you saying we ignore the vast numbers of US citizens who utilize these free benefits that we earned or their parents earned or who actually are entitled to said benefits?
Coming here illegally does not entitle you to squat ( I am referring to college tuition etc.) Now if you are here and need medical treatment, that is a different kind of benefit not even comparable to human decency.

The system is over burdened can't you see that? Vets don't get the care they need and go without, those who fought for our country, yet newcomers are getting entitlements, that does not compute in my book. I thought you would understand that one since I thought you are a veteran.

wdmso 07-11-2016 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecduzitgood (Post 1104142)
And what about the American citizens who get pushed back in order to accommodate the illegals. What about the Americans who die because the healthcare syatem is flooded with illegal immigrants. Then what about the students who don't get the education they could be getting if illegals weren't slowing down the system or taking a seat that should be theirs.

Hence my earlier comment an imagined reality . none of those things you listed have or are happening ... you'll believe the above but dont think some racism has any connection with Cops shooting unarmed Blacks or poor training or that they see to many people as a threat .. Conservative propaganda at its best

wdmso 07-11-2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishermanTim (Post 1104143)
Unfortunately the media adheres to the "squeaky wheel gets the oil" train of thought, so regardless of whether they are right of wrong, if any one group shouts, screams and disrupts the general populace they will be heard and presented as the powers-that-be for the moment.

Since the uninformed masses don't care to hear logical intelligent conversation, and proof and factual information just give them a headache, they tend to rely on the old "you're a racist" battle cry!

Just the 21st century equivalent of lemming rushing off a cliff!

agreed.. and the others sides is running beside them saying there is no
racism off the same cliff

ecduzitgood 07-11-2016 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1104164)
Hence my earlier comment an imagined reality . none of those things you listed have or are happening ... you'll believe the above but dont think some racism has any connection with Cops shooting unarmed Blacks or poor training or that they see to many people as a threat .. Conservative propaganda at its best

Can't give an example so it is you pushing propaganda.
Do the illegal immigrants children get to attend school?

The Dad Fisherman 07-11-2016 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1104141)

It' wasn't really a stereotype that caused the police to pull them over...like ...

The Irish Drink a lot
The Asians are good at math....but terrible drivers
And blacks have bigger #^&#^&#^&#^&s.....

Those are stereotypes....

Does racial profiling exist.....absolutely....but that is not racism.

Nowadays everything gets tucked under that neat little umbrella called racism......so now the word has completely lost its effectiveness.

You want to fix the issue of racial profiling......call it such and stop calling every thing racism

And start looking at every event as a single event and wait for all the facts to come in before people start calling everybody racists....

Jim in CT 07-12-2016 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmso (Post 1104164)

"dont think some racism has any connection with Cops shooting unarmed Blacks "

Maybe. And while once is too many, that is a very, very rare thing. Not nearly worthy of all the attention it gets. In Chicago, there is a murder every 14 hours (most are black-on-black) and that gets very little attention.

This isn't about helping blacks. It's about divisive politics.

Fly Rod 07-12-2016 08:37 AM

when it comes to chicago, missouri, baltimore and the like U do not C BLM, al sharpton, wimpy goldberg going to these places to help the communities, they incite the black community.... they do not talk about black against black shootings....they do not help blacks dealing drugs to each other....92% of killings in chicago R done by black on black.....there will always B racism, it will not go away

JohnR 07-12-2016 06:05 PM

In a nutshell, we all need to do a little better WRT race.

But if you are a deadbeat and you are black, or you are a deadbeat and you are white, your still a deadbeat.

If you are awesoe and you are black or if you are awesone and you are white, you are awesome.

Chief Davis in Dallas is a leader. He is black. And he is awesome.

We SHOULD make the law as colorblind as possible, based on your actions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulS (Post 1104125)

I never felt very privileged living in the projects as a kid.

Jim in CT 07-13-2016 06:07 AM

There's our lunatic-in-chief, at the memorial service for 5 slaughtered police officers, turning that event into a left-wing political rally for gun control. Obama said that in our cities, it's easier to get a gun than it is to get a book.

He's an idiot who has no appreciation for how inappropriate that setting is for a policy speech, and on top of that, what he said is nonsensical babble. What nut wrote that?

PaulS 07-13-2016 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1104227)

And I never did growing up in a blue collar working class town.

Raider Ronnie 07-13-2016 08:50 AM

I never felt very privileged living in the projects as a kid.[/QUOTE]

Me neither spending most of my youth in Roxbury and Dorchester Ma.
Certainly didn't feel white privileged every 1st of the month with a welfare office around the corner from my grandfather's repair shop.
A parade of nice cars all day long every 1st week of the month going to pick up their checks.
Now they get them electronically

The Dad Fisherman 07-13-2016 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnR (Post 1104227)

Same here...I grew up in Lynn.....not a lot of privilege going on there.