Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   The Scuppers (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   News reporting 2 explosions at Boston Marathon (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=81927)

The Dad Fisherman 04-17-2013 02:09 PM

They just evacuated the federal courthouse.....

They also just drove up to the courthouse in a gray van with Federal Marshall's hanging off the outside of the van.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Swimmer 04-17-2013 02:12 PM

Just put his pic out there. He'll be caught shortly thereafter, and maybe thier might be something left for the ME and not the ER.

The Dad Fisherman 04-17-2013 02:22 PM

Gotta love the wild goose chase the media puts you through......I've been watching them change there story over and over and over again....

Slick Moedee 04-17-2013 03:01 PM

a friend sent me this link

4chan ThinkTank - Imgur

WESTPORTMAFIA 04-17-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike P (Post 994974)
I respectfully disagree. This is more than a fishing site. It's an internet community and in many respects, a family. Families talk stuff out during a time of crisis.

If you're suffering from media overload, you don't have to click on the thread.

Your right. At least it was moved from the fishing forum

JohnR 04-17-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 994994)
while that is totally awesome.. our media in its carnivorous and somewhat cannibalistic craze to get stories often forgets that they are helping the next ass hole get away with something like this. 'ok.. i wont use my cell phone' or... i better use a track phone with no name associated with it.. Some things are better off left unsaid.

Yep. One of the costs of a free society, an often dumb press.

PaulS 04-17-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Some things are better off left unsaid.

I agree. I trust our govern. I don't need to know that they got him b/c of his cell phone or the cameras.

Nebe 04-17-2013 07:20 PM

There are two rules in life.
1 . Never tell anyone everything you know.

The Dad Fisherman 04-18-2013 04:58 AM

Quote:

while that is totally awesome.. our media in its carnivorous and somewhat cannibalistic craze to get stories often forgets that they are helping the next ass hole get away with something like this. 'ok.. i wont use my cell phone' or... i better use a track phone with no name associated with it.. Some things are better off left unsaid.

I used to say the same thing about shows like 24....season after season of ideas.....

Slipknot 04-18-2013 08:20 AM

me too TDF, but this is real life media, seems like they barely have a filter.

My theory so far is they have one guy in custody and are waiting for Jack Bauer to come in and get the info out of him to nail the other one

Nebe 04-18-2013 08:32 AM

I just read and I don't know if its true that we just deported the first Saudi national that was hospitalized.

Slipknot 04-18-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nebe (Post 995085)
I just read and I don't know if its true that we just deported the first Saudi national that was hospitalized.

I heard that on the radio also

seems very odd

poor guy was probably just a victim himself and was mistaken for a bad guy because he was running away much like hundreds of others

The Dad Fisherman 04-18-2013 08:42 AM

Where did you read it?

Nebe 04-18-2013 08:44 AM

SOL... my main news source :hihi:

PaulS 04-18-2013 08:49 AM

Most trusted news source.

Mike P 04-18-2013 09:46 AM

Unless the guy agreed to it, you can't "just deport" someone. Detainees are entitled to a hearing before they can be deported. Even if the guy is totally illegal, once he's taken into custody, he's entitled to a first hearing in front of an immigration judge to determine if he's suitable for release pending a final deportation hearing.

JackK 04-18-2013 10:38 AM

Sounds like quality NYPost material

Nebe 04-18-2013 11:16 AM

True. Which is why I said " if it is true"

JackK 04-18-2013 11:17 AM

http://deadspin.com/the-boston-bombi...-kid-476001019

FishermanTim 04-18-2013 11:36 AM

Until there is a news conference where they show the persons pictures and mug shots, I don't care what the media says of does since they are really only reporting what they think will get them the best ratings.

Of course every station is showing just about the same thing as every other station, so they have to resort to a little "embellishing" of the story to get their ratings. So what if they comdemn an innocent man by false reporting his involvement in this crime, Ooops! We'll just retract our statement and everything will be fine, right?.

I wish the media had as much integrity as they claim they have, and not as much as a crackwhore looking for their next fix!

The current media-driven drivel has caused me to change where I get my news to guarantee integrity, accuracy and class......which is NO WHERE!!!

I take every bit of news with a heavy dose of skepticism, because there are no worthy news outlets left, short of writing the news yourself!

Pete F. 04-18-2013 11:50 AM

Latest rumor I heard is the media did it....................sort of like fireman and fires

Just reporting the news as I imagine it

BMEUPSCOTTY 04-18-2013 04:43 PM

Well, now we have the pictures... I'm less inclined to believe it was homegrown wackos than I was before...

nightfighter 04-18-2013 05:18 PM

Dead men walking....

Those pics and video are now distributed worldwide

Raven 04-18-2013 05:24 PM

hopefully image clarification software will enhance those photo's

i noticed that the red hat suspect looked like he received a
text message within that film... easily timed if you figure out
who was wearing Orange in the marathon there ,
because it's so precisely a timed event

Ian 04-18-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raven (Post 995155)
hopefully image clarification software will enhance those photo's

i noticed that the red hat suspect looked like he received a
text message within that film... easily timed if you figure out
who was wearing Orange in the marathon there ,
because it's so precisely a timed event

Red hat?

likwid 04-18-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMEUPSCOTTY (Post 995148)
Well, now we have the pictures... I'm less inclined to believe it was homegrown wackos than I was before...

As an indian (hindi) friend likes to say

ALL BROWN THE SAME

And if reports are right, one of them was born and raised right outside of philly, and not of the ethnic group YOU think.

Mike P 04-18-2013 09:18 PM

Until they're arrested and their true identities confirmed and released, I'm not going to assume anything about their ethnicity.

Piscator 04-18-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 995186)

And if reports are right, one of them was born and raised right outside of philly, and not of the ethnic group YOU think.

Where did you the part about Philly, I didn't see that info yet.

Piscator 04-18-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Piscator (Post 995197)
Where did you read/hear the part about Philly, I didn't see that info yet.

JohnR 04-18-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by likwid (Post 995186)
As an indian (hindi) friend likes to say

ALL BROWN THE SAME

I sincerly doubt it is the kid from Brown - bomber is short, philly kid is tall. though they do match up well in certain ways. #^&#^&#^&#^&.

Interesting crowd sourcing on reddit though, otherwise. hats nailked, more photos of the perps walking away.