Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Plug Building - Got Wood? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Pics-Who is working on what? (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=81066)

Rockfish9 03-07-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 987938)
Very nice things being made. My epoxy boxes are spinning every nite for a week now so I hope to have a little something for festival. I will be painting and epoxying till mid April like most years. Maybe try for some pics this weekend.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

as long as they are ready when the fish get here.. that's all that matters...

Slipknot 03-07-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorM (Post 987938)
Very nice things being made. My epoxy boxes are spinning every nite for a week now so I hope to have a little something for festival. I will be painting and epoxying till mid April like most years. Maybe try for some pics this weekend.

can I come over and paint some plugs?

bassmaster 03-07-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slipknot (Post 987948)
can I come over and paint some plugs?

no he wants them to look good brahahaha

Sgt Striper 03-07-2013 11:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got a few finished this week, I like the darter and may have to do some normal size also. Musso LipLess for plug swap. Cutting up some birch tomorrow and do a few needles.

Hookset 03-09-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefchris401 (Post 987895)
heres a few pics

pearl white torpedo dannys, subsurface to 2ft down, 2.25-2.75oz

purple pearl torpedos dannys, subsurface to 2ft down, 2.25-2.75oz

zebra mac torpedo, conrad sr in purple/green pearl 4oz, gold pearl yellow pichney giant atom 40 3.6oz, and a gibbs 3oz bottle repaint

Sweet plugs, are those Lefty #2 lips on the purple swimmers?

chefchris401 03-10-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookset (Post 988257)
Sweet plugs, are those Lefty #2 lips on the purple swimmers?

Thanks,

No pikie 3 and pikie 2, I tested a lot of lips and those two where the best for that application and where I want to fish them, couldn't roll em out in heavy current

numbskull 03-10-2013 06:04 AM

[QUOTE=Sgt Striper;988005]Got a few finished this week, I like the darter and may have to do some normal size also. Musso LipLess for plug swap./QUOTE]

Oh my!

pbadad 03-10-2013 06:33 AM

Chris those are some beauties. Like the different colors. Pink zebra!!

Sgt Striper 03-10-2013 11:04 AM

[QUOTE=numbskull;988296]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt Striper (Post 988005)
Got a few finished this week, I like the darter and may have to do some normal size also. Musso LipLess for plug swap./QUOTE]

Oh my!

George, I did a few more but you will have to wait for PlugFest to see them! :)

eskimo 03-11-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt Striper (Post 988005)
Got a few finished this week, I like the darter and may have to do some normal size also. Musso LipLess for plug swap. Cutting up some birch tomorrow and do a few needles.

those look mean!

eskimo 03-11-2013 11:10 AM

Should be finished with epoxy on my plugfest stuff in the next day or two. Then back to grind on other stuff.

tysdad115 03-11-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt Striper (Post 988336)

George, I did a few more but you will have to wait for PlugFest to see them! :)

You coming up this weekend Lou?

Sgt Striper 03-11-2013 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysdad115 (Post 988598)

Truck isn't finished yet so no PlugFest again this year, I will be sending a box of goodies.....see Chris (BT) who knows what it will contain!

Fishoholic 03-11-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tysdad115 (Post 988598)

you coming Andy?

i should be there as long as we don't have a trip

tysdad115 03-11-2013 02:47 PM

Tyler and I will be there for sure, I do have yard clean up duty in the AM so I will be down late morning/early afternoon.

Fishoholic 03-11-2013 03:45 PM

Cool, I have a pencil for Ty. Brought it to the show yesterday, but I guess I was a day late.

Gremlin 03-11-2013 08:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Some for plugfest. Smaller juniors, dannies, and some slims. Not much but I'm getting there.

Cant wait for Saturday.

numbskull 03-12-2013 06:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Effing ridiculous what I have left to finish and wire. Plus I just bought 10# of 308L TIG in New Bedford. The stuff is from India and significantly stiffer than the usual 308L (more like 314). For what I spent ($103) I'm going to use it. This is going to be torture.

nightfighter 03-12-2013 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgt Striper (Post 988608)
Truck isn't finished yet so no PlugFest again this year, I will be sending a box of goodies.....see Chris (BT) who knows what it will contain!

Sorry to hear that, Lou. Any chance you could carpool with others who might be coming up from Jersey?

N.ShoreFisher 03-12-2013 08:15 AM

Man, I'm getting more and more excited about this thing. I can't wait to meet all you guys! Granted I really don't have much to bring, although I did just get a bunch of vintage freshwater plugs I'm probably never gonna use if people wanna trade for those. Otherwise, I'll just be soaking in the info, and taking tons of pics!

Rockfish9 03-12-2013 08:17 AM

3 Attachment(s)
This year instead of puttng everything on the diplay boards at plugfest, i used 4" tie wraps to secure the plugs ot the peg boards... the result was a well thought out neat grouping...to see them you'll have to come to plugfest...meanwhile... I finally rigged a bunch of plugs I've finished.. a little bit of everything... I tried a new/slightly differant weighting scheme on my giant jointeds.. IMHO they actualy swim better... instead of a small chunck of lead in the tail, i put it in the front half of the tail section, ( there is also lead in the rear half of the front section) the result is a flatter swmming, " snakier" looking plug.. I havent tested it on fish... time will tell.. I also made them a bit thinner than in the past and swapped out the 5/0 hooks I used to use for 4/0... I'll have everything you see ( plus others i have hanging ) with me at plugfest...

Rockfish9 03-12-2013 08:34 AM

3 Attachment(s)
a few close ups of the others

pbadad 03-12-2013 08:49 AM

Joe those HERRING SPOOKS look great along w/ the others.

Slipknot 03-12-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull (Post 988715)
Effing ridiculous what I have left to finish and wire. Plus I just bought 10# of 308L TIG in New Bedford. The stuff is from India and significantly stiffer than the usual 308L (more like 314). For what I spent ($103) I'm going to use it. This is going to be torture.

if I have/had the time, I'd come over to help you with wiring George

ProfessorM 03-12-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numbskull (Post 988715)

LOL. I have not wired anything yet either and I had to come home today with a stomach bug so god knows what I'll end up finishing.
Next time ask me about the wire. I got buying power when it comes to that stuff and no you won't be bothering me.

Sgt Striper 03-12-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfighter (Post 988723)
Sorry to hear that, Lou. Any chance you could carpool with others who might be coming up from Jersey?

I don't think anyone from Jersey that I know is coming. I should be up in June for the fish's Plugfest, can't wait for that one :)

nightfighter 03-12-2013 04:04 PM

I just wired and tailwrapped the last nine I will have done for Plugfest. Epoxy and spinner tonight.... A lot of finished plugs have already been put into the hands of others locally, but I should still have close to 30 ready for Saturday. It has been a huge ramp up for me from past years. A lot of it has been the result of budgeting the time needed for each step and not rushing the steps. The amount of attrition I have from turning through to finish epoxy is still too high, but it is less with every batch. I remember not too long ago, starting to turn on the Tuesday before, and epoxying at 10 pm the night before Plugfest....didn't work out so well, as those who "accepted" them in trade can tell you. (They were just being polite, I am sure...) I have kept some of those sticky pieces of crap prominently on my bench as a reminder. And yes, they are still tacky.
So I am excited it is almost here and that I am wrapping it up. I will start turning some stuff for myself after the bash. I am grateful for all the advice and ideas I have had here over the years to help me produce the jigs, spinners, and the process to get to this point. It is fun. Looking forward to Saturday.

nightfighter 03-12-2013 04:23 PM

Also hoping to get brand new member Codcheeks and his dad over to the shop very soon. He's put up some good stuff over the other place. He is dialing in his new airbrush! Have to show him the carbide cutter difference!

Hookset 03-13-2013 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 988684)
Some for plugfest. Smaller juniors, dannies, and some slims. Not much but I'm getting there.

Cant wait for Saturday.

Gremlin
That is a cool pic!

blondterror 03-13-2013 03:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here is what I plan to bring to plugfest... darters, needles, surf howdies, cowboy jrs, big dannies, norris jet squids, and a few surprises..