Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/index.php)
-   Political Threads (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Oh Donnie, You're invited (http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripertalk/showthread.php?t=95852)

Pete F. 12-03-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1181027)
Has Trump made a current claim about article 5. In 2017 he made a strong commitment to it in his Poland speech. He is known to give seemingly different (at least in the brains of his critics)"signals" for strategic purposes. He has criticized NATO's effectiveness and its members lack of commitment to paying their share, but I don't think he has ever specifically said that we would not commit to article 5.
If he has, as you say, "currently" that we would not honor it, when was that? "Might not" does not carry much weight since he, as I said, gives off different signals for strategic (bluffs to get desired action) reasons.

Try today

It carries a lot of weight if you’re also a NATO signatory planning your foreign policy or a possible ally deciding what path to pursue.
That’s why we are the United States and this is what we stand for, do and expect. The world knew that for decades, the last administration faltered and this one has thrown it away.
A fickle feckless friend is worth little more than nothing.
Never know when those bonespurs are gonna act up.
And don’t dream that the diplomats of the world didn’t see how Pompeo failed his staff, just as sleazy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

detbuch 12-03-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1181061)
Try today

It carries a lot of weight if you’re also a NATO signatory planning your foreign policy or a possible ally deciding what path to pursue.
That’s why we are the United States and this is what we stand for, do and expect. The world knew that for decades, the last administration faltered and this one has thrown it away.
A fickle feckless friend is worth little more than nothing.
Never know when those bonespurs are gonna act up.
And don’t dream that the diplomats of the world didn’t see how Pompeo failed his staff, just as sleazy.

What did he say?

Pete F. 12-03-2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detbuch (Post 1181064)
What did he say?

Watch his pressers, you love those long verbose videos.

The other heads of state found his performance quite comical, he does love to get a laugh out of the crowd
This time he was the subject, again.
There’s a Floridaman tweet for that.
I’ll have to find it tomorrow to go with the clip.

detbuch 12-03-2019 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete F. (Post 1181068)
Watch his pressers, you love those long verbose videos.

The other heads of state found his performance quite comical, he does love to get a laugh out of the crowd
This time he was the subject, again.
There’s a Floridaman tweet for that.
I’ll have to find it tomorrow to go with the clip.

Thanks man. This was great. Really helpful stuff. You really say a lot of very informative things. I feel embarrassed when my verbose videos are matched up next to your fantastic links, cuts and pastes, and general remarks like these here gems in this post.

Kudos, and best wishes. I will devoutly follow your wisdom and hope to become a better person.

PaulS 12-04-2019 08:02 AM

Well at least Pres. Trump has accomplished something he promised he would do - world leaders are no longer laughing at the US.

scottw 12-04-2019 08:25 AM

trump fixed nato not the chuckling twits:kewl: